Voges
Hussey
White
Hopes
Butterworth
Noffke
Dizzy
Bollinger

The only reason Rogers should be in the team is because there are no other batsmen.
Rogers seems to have been named as keeper? Considering the byes on the scorecard, I think this is no mistake. No wonder they couldn't take any wickets. Anyway, Cullen was the one bowler who bowled decently, so I don't see why you'd take such a bland lineup of 3 fast-mediums and 2 medium pacers.

As for Zahid's jibe about big names, I think the batsmen did their job; quick 70s and 80s from Jaques and Hussey, followed by sixes from White to accelerate. 260+ in 40 overs was defensible, but as is often the case when going underprepared into foreign territory, the bowling wasn't sharp, although, without Tait, Hilfenhaus or Johnson, it's not exactly high profile. Questions over Voges' odd selection as captain are probably justified.

Still, I'd think if they play MacGill in both "Tests" they'll do much better.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Pakistan A have whitewashed Australia A. :) And there were some great individual performances of Pakistan.

irottev

School Cricketer
Wow what a big chase. Better luck to Australia in the unlimited over games. Dizzy had best economy of the game, yay.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, they've chased down 331 runs. Australia A had a great start and even their total wasn't bad. Top performer on Pakistani side were Mansoor Amjad with five wickets for 50 runs, Khalid Latif with 142 runs, Yasir Hameed with 108 runs and Naved Latif with 66 runs. On Pakistani side everybody had strikerate above 100, except Iqbal.

Scorecard: http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/pakistan/engine/match/304068.html

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Pretty quiet series from Cam White never really got going. Good to see Ronchi finally make a contribution still got the consistency issue. Cullen was the pick of the bowlers again, Dizzy economical but not much can be said about the rest.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
This is what I was talking about. Much better form.

Pak A 199 (56.0)
Abdur Rauf 73
Bollinger 3/34

Aus A 4/438 (116.0)
Jaques 152
Hussey 143 n.o.
Rogers 56
Abdur Rauf 2/71

dtrain

Club Cricketer
Great effort by David Hussey so far, gee he's a great batsman when he is in form, surely he'll eventually play Test cricket for the aussies.

Also, in the battle for opener you would have to say Jaques is up 1-0 no?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Finally our team has clicked, knew we would go alright with the batting but to bowl Pak A for under 200 is some effort. Great to see Bollinger still getting those early wickets. Good support from Hopes and Cullen, White taking wickets I would like to see how he got those.

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
7 wickets in hand with one day left. This game is with Australia but there might be a chance for Pakistan if 2-3 partnerships build/

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Pakistan will have to pull of a huge effort to get out of this one. Looks like our spinners could be a real threat on this pitch. Good spell of bowling from the quicks too. Bad luck to David on missing his double, nice support from Hopes and then some late hitting from Ronchi and Noffke.

Users who are viewing this thread