Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

leegrids

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just to make it clear i was agreeing with your point saisrini80, not calling you the moron! Sorry I have had quite a few today!!! I should really stay off of here when i'm drunk!

willv88

Club Cricketer
so are u saying its good that you have people from other countries i dont. i think its cheating. and their are players in your english county who were born in england who cant get a game because of these 3. i dont think its fair on them either

neil 13268

School Cricketer
Foreign Players

In response to Willv88. Pieterson and Strauss although born in different lands have at least one parent who is English so qualify by right to play for England. It would be no different if a player born in England but of at least one Australian parent wanted to play for Australia. That is not cheating but is their right.
The reason Australia lost was due to:

1) Second string attack poor. All the emphasis placed on Warne (magnificent and true legend) and Mcgrath (dito). Lee was good in places and quick (and very sporting) but without others stepping up to plate you can't win without taking 20 wickets in match. Without Warne would be probable 4-1.

2) Batting hit and miss. I don't think is was all necessarily down to poor form of your batsmen but more the plans executed by the England team. Sorted out potential areas of weakness and exploited them and set fields to back this up.

Overall the pitches have been good batting tracks that have something there for the bowlers if put in the right places. Weather played a role in two tests helping Australia in one and England in the other. Also I think that on this occassion Vaughan outcaptained Ponting.
Great series (the best I've ever seen) and respect to Australia for palying their part in this wonderful spectical.
Congrats England and great to see those crowds, celebrations and the Country's massive interest confirm what I've always known. Cricket is the best sport in the world.

willv88

Club Cricketer
who cares if their parents r english. it doesnt mean they are. i personally do not like this rule. i think it is cheating to have players from other countries, whether or not their mum is english. and yes we did play crap im not argueing that. and i dont know what we have to look forward to in the future when mcgrath and warnie retire. maybe we should pick up sum overseas players lol.

pal

International Coach
I agree with Willv88 and call for all matches that Australia has played with Andrew Symonds be deleted from the records books, which of course would mean the 2003 WC is not Australia's.

P.S. For those of us with no sense of humour, this is not serious, just showing the stupidity of his argument.

willv88

Club Cricketer
im willing to stand by that. test matches are more important then odis, so yeh i will agree with u.

and we only had one so thats ok with me
and we still would have the 99 world cup

im happy if u delete all of ours if you delete all of yours.

because test match cricket is more important then odi

did we have any overseas players in the ashes NO. 1 in odis, which r not as important. and by the way i believe 3 is more then 1

hmm we won the 99 one without him. it wasnt as though the onli way we could win was 2 import players. england couldnt win a thing, and then wen they import u start winning

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Good that this is now the topic. And not to forget Strauss is also South African. Somebody made a Coloner's list once. Didn't know that these players all came from these countries. But where they come from isn't of any imporantance now.

But I want to know of which origin is Andrew Symonds? I know he is born in England, but looking from his face, he doesn't seems to look like English. Is he Aboriginal?

squiz

International Coach
jonah said:
Add to that Ponting inserting England at Edgbaston just after McGrath's accident, on a good track, then watching England rack up 400+ on that day. Was it arrogance, thinking Oz could still bowl England out cheaply even without their top seamer, or just a bad decision? He must still have nightmares about that decision.
Any captain would have done exactly the same as Ponting, even your precious Michael Vaughan. Green pitch, overcast conditions....

irottev

School Cricketer
Its funny how people jump on certain players because they had 1 good series. For example Simon Jones. If he can keep on playing well over a season then he will deserve to be on the Ranking top 10. Its still early days for him yet.

This article angered me http://content-nz.cricinfo.com/australia/content/story/219173.html What a fool Lillie is, 'Let ponting go and focus on his batting' what a load of crap, he was one of the few Australian batsmen who actually got runs. He has batted better WITH captaincy. Losing 1 series, no matter how important should never be a good reason for sacking the captain, especially because its not where the problem lay. He wants Shane Warne as captain, good pick but do you really want to change captains to someone comming so close to the end of them playing. Not only that, its risky because Warnes form might drop with the captaincy as his responsibility. Do Australia have a vice captain? Perhaps they could make Warne vice captain and he could have sufficient imput into fields etc. which he seems to already get anyway.

What lost Australia the ashes was Out of form batsmen (especially Martyn and Gilchrist who were terrible and as senior members of the team needed to step up to the plate), no 4th bowler, all the ones used were poor, some harsh decisions at important times (but we won't dwell heavily on that, its part of cricket and no excuse) and last but not least important dropped catches.

Last edited:

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
ZexyZahid said:
But I want to know of which origin is Andrew Symonds? I know he is born in England, but looking from his face, he doesn't seems to look like English. Is he Aboriginal?
He is English. Not every English person is white.......

squiz

International Coach
aussie1st said:
It was a tough one. Losing McGrath and having Warne surely you would want to bat first.
Now that we've lost you say that. If we won and our seamers cleaned up Ponting would be the greatest thing since sliced bread

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The thing is our seamers would never have cleaned up. The signs were there. Dizzy bowling crap. Lee not ready to step up. Kaspa past it. You do the math.

Eddie

International Cricketer

He was Born in Kent (England)..

(starts to ponder what the Eng ODI team would have been like with Flintoff, Pietersen , Symonds in the middle order :eek: :eek: ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread