Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Thing is, Old Trafford was reverse swinging a lot and quite early, but the new ball was scarcely swinging, hence Hoggard's figures and minimal use. It should be interesting to see if and when reverse swing comes into play.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
About 8 hours left from now. Nowadays a lot of TV companies are making money cause of this series. :)

Ryand

Club Cricketer
Cant wait for start of play just 5 hours to go.Hopefully we'll see lee and tait opening the bowling together.So it's lots of runs or lots of wickets

brad352

Executive member
ZexyZahid said:
Whoever wins this match will on the upper hand. I still find it strange though that after the first Test a lot of people called for changes and didn't see England at least one Test winning (including Boycott). Now they're favourites suddenly.
No they're not, if you think they are then take the $3.45 the bookies are offering

Annihilation66

Club Cricketer
Ryand said:
Cant wait for start of play just 5 hours to go.Hopefully we'll see lee and tait opening the bowling together.So it's lots of runs or lots of wickets
NO chance itll be McGrath and Lee and Lee will be replaced by tait after a short spell

Sureshot

Executive member
Well i expect a bit of rain today although Trent Bridge drains well. Overcast and i expect it to swing conventionally early on and not reverse until about 45 overs. Good batting surfave lovely outfield. Bat first.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Well here we go chaps, time to reach for your Wa*k rag and your cup of pg tips.

Come On England :)

Last edited:

FreddieFan

International Coach
Sureshot said:
Well i expect a bit of rain today although Trent Bridge drains well. Overcast and i expect it to swing conventionally early on and not reverse until about 45 overs. Good batting surfave lovely outfield. Bat first.

Agreed, its a bat-first wicket, but with the cloud cover I've just seen on TV there is the slightest chance that may backfire on Australia, if Hoggard starts swinging it round corners.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
FreddieFan said:
Agreed, its a bat-first wicket, but with the cloud cover I've just seen on TV there is the slightest chance that may backfire on Australia, if Hoggard starts swinging it round corners.

Yeah because it wouldn't back fire on England if Lee and Tait swing it. :rolleyes:

FreddieFan

International Coach
angryangy said:
Yeah because it wouldn't back fire on England if Lee and Tait swing it. :rolleyes:

Hoggard is a genuine swing bowler, whereas Lee and Tait are quickies who sometimes swing it.

Annihilation66

Club Cricketer
FreddieFan said:
Hoggard is a genuine swing bowler, whereas Lee and Tait are quickies who sometimes swing it.
Yeah but Tait and Lee will be more deadly if they can swing it because of the pace.

I cant believe McGraths out. Aussie hopes are fading.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread