Australia in Pakistan

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
Big tour coming up for the Aussies, after India.

This tour will be Australia's FIRST of Pakistan, since 1998/99, which Australia won 1-0 (test series).

However, in 1994, Pakistan beat Australia at home 1-0, the test match that had a result being a 1 wicket victory (led home by Inzamam and Mushtaq Ahmed). That game was Mark Taylor's first as Australian captain, in which he scored a pair :p

Also, the winning runs from that game were off a missed stumping, which Ian Healy failed to collect, and it went to 4 byes, which gave the series the only result, and put Pakistan 1-0 in the first test.

My opinion? This series will definitely be exciting, due to the fact that Australia have not toured Pakistan for 10 years, and last played a test match in early 2005 against the Aussies.

Schedule is unannounced as of yet, but there will be 3 test matches, 1 International Twenty20, and 5 ODIs.

Most likely venues will include Rawalpindi / Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi, and Faislabad.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
My opinion. We won't be playing in Pakistan.

I hope we do though. So you can't use the excuse "we weren't playing at home" if we beat you. ;)

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It's got so much going against it. If security is fine and it goes ahead, my word are the pitches going to be dead. The Tests will finish 1-0 to Australia in my opinion.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
I dont think they will Play in Pakistan, not good enough :)..

It's got so much going against it. If security is fine and it goes ahead, my word are the pitches going to be dead. The Tests will finish 1-0 to Australia in my opinion.

underestimation has killed me.

Last edited:

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Personally I would love Australia to be beaten 2-0. But in reality it will be other way round.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Me aswell. I think that they might play in Sharjah (very unlikely) or Abu Dhabi.
The PCB has ruled out a neutral venue, it will either be in Pakistan or not at all. I'm certainly concerned about the safety of this tour, but it would be good for all if it went ahead.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
PCB should be kicked so hard on their butts.. anyways..

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Funny, how before every tour by England, South Africa, and Australia there are "security concerns".

Yet they tour goes on anyway.
Anyway, PCB has ruled out neutral venues, and I think thats the way it should be.

And the tour will go ahead, this is just drama created by PCB and CA. Every "security expert" (whoever the hell they are) knows that once elections are over, the country will be stable again.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
haha..

Yeah all these teams feel that because they are coming from the "western" nations. Yet they are right, but we keep on telling them that Cricket has nothing to do with that. And if anything happens to your players you can blame our government (I'm speaking for nobody)...

But common don't let the spirit of the game down. Be brave, just like young kids in palestine.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
I can see Pakistan annhilated here. They looked really poor in India, and against a top side like the Aussies, I fear they have no chance. Also depends upon what form Australia are in going into the series.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I think they will be in very good form, since they will come to Pakistan with a recent Test series victory and a possible ODI series victory in their bag.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Interesting to note that when England beat Australia in the 2005 Ashes Series, England came to Pakistan, and failed miseribly.

Yet, England only lost 1 of their major players - Simon Jones.

So possibly, the same thing can happen to Australia?

Users who are viewing this thread