Story Australian Int Season - RETIREMENT

Who will win the 3 Test Series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MWaugh

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Tait Strikes Immediately - West Indies "A" 6/231

It took only 2 balls in the first over of play for Shaun Tait to hit his straps and dismiss West Indies "A" captain Darren Ganga. Ganga failed to add to his overnight score of 62 when he drove a full length Tait swining delivery to Brad Hodge at cover. Leaving his side in trouble at 6/231.

gamerkid22

National Board President
Good innings by Ganga came to an end . West Indies A are in a good position but if they are bowled out inside 300 then thats a bad score on this type of wicket as Aussies can get a big lead.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
oh no :( I expected MacGill to take this wicket! How can Tait take that while his own team mate was in hunt for that wicket to close the critics :p

Now 250-270 is looking far for WindiesA.... Aussies can finish the lowr order soon! com'on MacGill!

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
I think Ganga was being a bit hypocritical saying that MacGill was being negative when he was very defensive before stumps. Oh well, good to see him out of the way now. Maybe Tait could be a bolter for the first test. Like Surren said 250 and above is looking out of reach for the "A" side here.

MWaugh

International Coach
Clark Finally Breaks Through - West Indies "A" 7/257

Stuart Clark picked his first wicket of the match with the dismissal of Floyd Reifer for 27 to reduce the West Indies "A" to 7/257 in the first session of play on day 2 of the tour match. Clark ended what had previously been a frustrating match, going for 0/52 in the first day despite bowling very well.

Clark ripped out Reifer's leg stump after the middle order batsman attempted to drive down the ground, however Clark moved the old ball enough to get in between bat and pad.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
One of the worst way of gettin out is leg stump bolwed :p Suprise that WindiesA still batting... MacGill and Tait shd bowl more overs! Com'on MacGill, contiue around the wickets tactics.. dont bother abt critics of Ganga :D

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Nice to see Clark get a wicket. Some good bowling by him. I love the very 'masculine' purple colour you have used MWaugh :p

Lancs1234

School Cricketer
Nice wicket by stuart, not a bad total posted by the west indies, but it could be a hell of alot beter, odds on tail to score 300 partnership anyone? didnt think so....

MWaugh

International Coach
just letting everyone know that there wont be any updates coming for about a week. im off over the xmas break so it will hopefully resume in about a week or so. all the best to everyone over christmas.

MWaugh

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
MWaugh said:
just letting everyone know that there wont be any updates coming for about a week. im off over the xmas break so it will hopefully resume in about a week or so. all the best to everyone over christmas.

MWaugh

No prbs mate, Take ur time! :) MacGill also needs some Xmas break to forget the critics and may be after Xmas, he wud come with all the three remaining wickets :D

Btw, Happy Xmas and have fun! :happy

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
MWaugh said:

MWaugh

Enjoy your time off mate. Merry Christmas! :)

MWaugh

International Coach
Retirement Announced

As im sure all cricket fans around the forum would be aware there have been some huge retirements announced in recent weeks/days. Warne, McGrath and Langer for Australia.

Unfortunatly in keeping with the procession of retirements, its time for me to announce mine. After over 1700 posts in this thread, the longest of its kind, it is time that i have to pull the pin. Its been a good journey, its been a bloody long one, but unfortunatly more important and pressing issues will take me in a totally different direction to where i am now. Meaning that i will be unable to continue any writing or playing of the game.

All i can leave you with is an extremely HUGE thank you. Thanks to the many people who gave me encouragement all the way along, especially to sid (m_vaughan), jazz, sai, the_champ (back over a year ago), gamer, brett lee and all you others.

I hope you have enjoyed it and its given you something to do in your spare time, if what ive done has helped to spark any interest from other members to do likewise and take up writing stories and getting more involved in the forums then the story would have been a success in itself.

So once again thank you so very much for everything, all the best to all of you, i will try and still be active around here to an extent, and try not to forget me for any story of the year awards that may arise down the track.

Thank you

MWaugh
(Story and Strategies moderator)

Brett_Lee

International Coach
NOOO this story is so great mate.

Great work on the story and im sure that you will be in good running for the story maker of the year award!

Im sure that if you do any stories in the future they will be good like this. Your going to get story of the month this month anyway lol :D:D

Brett_Lee
(Story and Strategies moderator)

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well all good things come to an end and now this ahs!

It's been a great story and hope you fulfill whatever you are going to do from now on :)

shame to see it go but hey it's your decision!

Users who are viewing this thread