Australian Tour of India, October 2010/11

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Deadset what is Ponting doing. First bowling Hauritz to release the pressure valve then takes George off after his bowls a maiden.

nikhil_99

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Congratulations to Sachin, on reaching 14k run landmark...and still going strong....India needs a big score from him...

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Ponting has a history of making counterintuitive decisions. And they never seem to pay off.

He's not a very good captain in my opinion at all. Made a quite a few major errors in the Ashes last time. Such as not going in with a spinner at the oval and bowling Hauritz and North when trying to get Monty and Anderson out at Cardiff.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Pfft. North bowled two overs at the end because if they were going to win, they needed to keep 20 minutes spare to chase. Pace might have gotten the wicket (and keep in mind that they'd survived 3 overs from Siddle), but you could also have had a much more farcical result where England were bowled out and Australia were still out of time.

lethalhughes

Club Cricketer
He's not a very good captain in my opinion at all. Made a quite a few major errors in the Ashes last time. Such as not going in with a spinner at the oval and bowling Hauritz and North when trying to get Monty and Anderson out at Cardiff.

Agreed, a good odi captain he is, however he's a pretty average test captain.I reckon Clarke would do a better job as a test captain, just not sure Australia can afford to lose Ponting the batsman.

P

pcfan123

I think Marcus North may well have booked a place in the Ashes XI for the first test now with that hundred!

No doubt, and I would say that is good for England except that he did well against them last time.

lethalhughes

Club Cricketer
Peter George does look a pretty good prospect, just might need to put a yard of pace.Seems a much better prospect than McKay.Must say the future looks bright for fast bowling in Australia -George, Pattinson( Who will play for Australia before he turns 23 imo),Hazlewood , Trent Copeland.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
North bowled two overs at the end because if they were going to win, they needed to keep 20 minutes spare to chase. Pace might have gotten the wicket

The chances of Siddle (or the rest of the pacers) getting a wicket was immeasurably higher than North.

Users who are viewing this thread