MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Not quite sure what you mean by this Matt? As it stands the only mentality I can think of would be constantly bowling outside off, no matter if it was the AI or human bowling.
The 'Batsman Mentality' option in the batsman menu of the nets.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
I haven't noticed any real difference generally. An over the top straight drive with a batsman set on brute doesn't appear to go any further than one set on precise for example.

My thoughts were that the settings would be for how the AI batsmen would differ in their approach and not for human batting. Either that or they haven't been activated in this version just as the batting levels weren't in the previous versions of CA.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Yeah, just gave it a go myself, seems to make no difference to anything. Can hit every ball.

zombieian

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I've found the answer. I've just tried the nets playing back and across with my eyes shut. I missed one ball after 35 shots!

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Have just had a go against spin and have found the same "loophole" when playing the same shot on the front foot. Hit 40 balls in a row on v poor/legend and wasn't even concentrating fully as was watching the tele at the same time!!

arundracula

Club Cricketer
Nets playing is just hitting the ball. We don't know how it goes in a real match.
The condition will be entirely different, I think. If you play with the pro cam, pressure will also play an important role.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
has anyone seen a pull shot balloon into the air or a leading edge or anything like that? that's usually the way you'd associate getting out with leg side shots (as well as LBW).

got to say on my limited go of the nets it did seem that one or two shots were guaranteed hits whereas some other shots were a lot harder.

fanirama

Associate Cricketer
Dude Zombieian - why are you so scared and apologetic about this game and the dev team and others? Be bold and speak your mind. If there is a batting loophole, there is a batting loophole (and I've noticed it too. Maybe real match will be diff) and you have reported it.

The developers have to take this input for what it's worth and do something if they feel they need to address it. If not, then the game has that loophole. That's all.

zombieian

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I've just tried it on Pro mode (1st person) and it is still possible to hit most delivery of the back foot to the leg side.

Regarding the Pro view I find it hard to see the ball as it leaves the bowling machine. The 22 yards seems more like 32 yards using this view. It needs to appear more like the Close Batsman's view in my opinion. I suppose it might be easier to see the ball leave the bowlers hand, but from the videos I have seen the vanishing point still looks too long.
I feel the Pro view would be far more usable if it were more like the Close Batsman's view and I would certainly use it as I like to feel I am playing the game rather than watching it from behind.

----------

Dude Zombieian - why are you so scared and apologetic about this game and the dev team and others? Be bold and speak your mind. If there is a batting loophole, there is a batting loophole (and I've noticed it too. Maybe real match will be diff) and you have reported it.

The developers have to take this input for what it's worth and do something if they feel they need to address it. If not, then the game has that loophole. That's all.

Because I like to be polite.:yes
An American playing a cricket game?

grkrama

National Board President
has anyone seen a pull shot balloon into the air or a leading edge or anything like that? that's usually the way you'd associate getting out with leg side shots (as well as LBW).

got to say on my limited go of the nets it did seem that one or two shots were guaranteed hits whereas some other shots were a lot harder.

did get a few off the gloves baloon while pulling, cant remember leading edge while pull shot but have got of leg flicks

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I suppose we don't know if pitch surface calculations will automatically adjusted for by the batsman. I mean, if I'm being generous, on a totally flat pitch you should be able to middle the majority of balls, those types of shots become dangerous when the ball rears up faster than you expect or slows up.

given though playing the spinners is much the same and the ball spins heaps in the nets I don't think there will be that much difference and the batsman will automatically compensate for the movement.

Users who are viewing this thread