Best Shots!

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
May be its a lil off topic but i think it's always the younger one that comes out better. Same for them. I am way better than my older bother, and i have feeling my younger brother will be way better than both of us. It's because when i was growing up i played with my older brother, and playing with older 1 helps. You learn a lot And our younger one plays with both of us, so he takes 2ic as much.. Plus if you're the oldest, you dont have a older brother to play with, you are one your own :D

MacLovin added 5 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Up until a year or so ago, he has always been known as a batting all rounder that bowls spin.
Why does he bat so low? I always thought he was a spinner, who cant bat. :p He is a decent spinner. But now that he is performing, he is becoming more confident and he will start improving a lot. Bat and ball

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
He bats so low because Vettori, Hopkins and Oram are also good batsmen. They get promoted depending on the situation. Vettori and Hopkins go in earlier if its earlier in the innings, whereas Oram and McCullum are probably more for when the need to smash the ball. But McCullum is the worst batsman out of those four.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Yes, I totally agree about the confidence thing. Now that he has almost cemented his spot for the rest of the tournament I hope his batting starts to shine if we need it (like the other day). Well I guess we bat quite low down and have a strong middle/low order with Styris, Oram Vettori, Hopkins, McCullum. All those guys are generally 5 or 6 batsmen and McCullum is bottom of that pecking order. He is definately a capable batsman who can hit the ball a long way. :)

irottev

School Cricketer
Such a great shot from Morgan hahaha, would love to see him repeat it. I hope he pulls it off again and proves it wasn't a one off thing.

N McCullum isn't that great an improviser though really. He's a very solid hitter though. B McCullum is much more likely. Was interesting seeing B McCullum do his scoop shot to the spinner against Zimbabwe. I thought spinners might be a bit slow but he got 3 for it. Would be too slow to get 6 i'd say, maybe 4 max.

Chanderpaul's reverse sweep/switch hit whatever it was for six was awesome.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
N McCullum isn't that great an improviser though really.
Believe me, he is.
I had a coaching session with Mike Hesson, Matt Harvie and Anthony Bullick and they were saying how he is the best they have ever seen, and they said he is better than Brendon at playing improvised shots. But he backs his power in most cases.

There are a few good shots from Morgan on youtube, he's bloody awesome! Can't wait to see more from him.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
If you are someone who likes proper cricketring shots, Yuvraj`s flick of Steyn/Kallis the other day and an inside out stroke were both really good strokes. Especially that flick was pure timing and grace. Way better than those Dilscoops(TM) or McScoops(TM).

-D-S-B-

International Coach
^ What about the Morgan double backflip scoops? :laugh

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I have to attempt that Morgan shot, will hopefully be able to get down to the park and try it.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Ye Morgan shot off Rampaul was the best so far. I jump out of my seat & ran off screaming when i saw that shot, Son is not human..

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Morgan's probably the hardest sweeper/flicker/scooper the game has ever seen.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Pollard's 6s v Nehra. lol its not b/c of the shot he played, but b/c of what it did to the fielders. It went for 6s, 2 or 3 fielders were running to catch it near the rope. Yuvraj Singh was looking to catch it from inside the 30s :laugh and it went 10 rows back

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Chris Gayle of Pathan today. Just stayed back in the crease and hit it straight and out of the ground.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Oh ya, and that too ^ Longest in the tourny. 112. It was a back of a length too.

P

pcfan123

over 350ft that one, thats the size of a decent home run! Id kill to watch Gayle have a go at homerun derby

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
What annoys me is that they keeps track of the distance. I dont care about the focking distance! You can just judge it by the ground distance. I am more interested in height. How far up it went, how long it stayed up. Dont give me the distance.

Users who are viewing this thread