Big Bash Boom | Big Ant's New Game

• Thread starter Deleted member 185125
  • Start date

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can't be six unless it hits bat or gloves.

Unless you run them, of course :

One more fun fact : in the 1800s you didn't get six unless the ball carried out of the ground.

Last edited:

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
To be fair, 4 leg byes is the correct call.

Lol what? It quite literally went for 6 and Ross as the umpire, signalled it 4... never in my life have I heard that as a rule, a six is a six, glitch or not.

In regards to releases in other regions, I think they are struggling to get ratings approved in some areas and some regions they don't seem like they are doing anything at all.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Wow Big Bash started off in SA at R569 (+- 30GPB), it is now R779 (+- 43GPB) rediculous!!![DOUBLEPOST=1544676786][/DOUBLEPOST]of course the exchange rate is very volatile :)

Reactions: DAP

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Lol what? It quite literally went for 6 and Ross as the umpire, signalled it 4... never in my life have I heard that as a rule, a six is a six, glitch or not.

In regards to releases in other regions, I think they are struggling to get ratings approved in some areas and some regions they don't seem like they are doing anything at all.
Just checked the rules, 6 can only be called if ball hits the bat or gloves so 4 leg byes was actually correct

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Ha ha - I stand corrected. Thanks @Alberts and @T.J.Hooker

Somehow in a way that’s worse - shows what bullshit physics there are if the game knew and recognised it as off the pad and it went like that. Not just an animation issue where the game registered a hit but showed a pad

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
There's an interview with Jeff Thomson on youtube somewhere where he talks about a bouncer to Tony Grieg almost carrying for 6 in 74/75. He probably doesn't know it would only have counted four.

But holy shit, imagine having no helmet / shit 70s protection and facing deliveries that are nearly carrying the boundary over the keeper's head. I reckon there are a lot of modern batsmen who wouldn't handle it.

Fissionmailed

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Promo video on Facebook with a few Aussie players, the power up animations and dance animations are front and centre......

The state of this game, the price of this game, along with the way their tennis game was released. Even though I do believe it has been updated now I'm just talking about how the game got pushed out bare bones at launch before the aussie open. I think i'm done with these guys.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 193590

Wtf ,on the UK ps store the game has gone from £29.99 to £44.99.definitely not buying now.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Wtf ,on the UK ps store the game has gone from £29.99 to £44.99.definitely not buying now.

Wow... serious? Not often a game is released and then has the price raised...

Numerous people were urging people to create a UK account and save money that way, wonder if BA found out and caused the price rise, still a bad move to increase the price whatever the case

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 193590

Wow... serious? Not often a game is released and then has the price raised...

Numerous people were urging people to create a UK account and save money that way, wonder if BA found out and caused the price rise, still a bad move to increase the price whatever the case

yes couldn't believe it,crazy move for a game that's more like a dlc.I was thinking of getting it,but not at that price.

Chief

Panel of Selectors

I thought this was so ridiculous it must be wrong. I just had a look. It is not wrong.

I mean, at least it's closer to parity with the Australian price now, but I'm not sure that's what those complaining meant.

Alberts

International Coach

Yes, it is the correct result of that [what should be a hypothetical] situation. To be a six, it has to hit the bat or gloves. You cannot have six byes, leg byes, wides, etc.

Alberts

International Coach
I don't get BigAnt's logic here, who on Earth are their target market? Players who they've tricked into buying the game at a Premium price? Surely not, as that would be a generation of young players who forever associate BigAnt's name with that kind of treachery. I know there were companies that pulled that nonsense when I was 12-20 years old that I'd never trust again.

Oh well, brave move from them I guess... Certainly a pivot from their previous "community engagement=>trust" strategy though.

Users who are viewing this thread