BLC .bag Editing - Kits, bats etc.

Hariz

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
witchking said:
paul...what are u using to edit the dds files. If u are using photoshop...how are u able to get dds files of the same size for the helmets. when I convert to png and back to dds the transparency problem is solved but now there is a filesize problem and blc crashes at loading.

Hey mate I also use Photoshop to edit the .dds files but I think if you stay within the limit of 3.74 MB for a .bag file the game seems to function ok !!! I had this problem with the crashing also but when I reduced the file size it functioned !!! You can perhaps use .png files for editing and then save them in .dds format !!! Then use the baggie studio to replace the original files !!! The helmet thingy can be corrected using Dxt3 texture !!! Try it out !!!

holmie

Club Cricketer
why cant someone make a baggi studios for .tex files. then it will be so easy to edit the ps2 version.

witchking

School Cricketer
I did dude. even the png solution changes the filesize and game crashes.

However I used the direct x texture tool (thanx to ste) and now FILESIZE STILL CHANGES in 5 kb or less and game doesn't crash...runs perfect. Infact...I finished my kit. :)

screen0aj.jpg

paul r smith

Club Cricketer
only just seen your question, looks like you have fixed it though, looks good. Any chance of making another helmet with the "old" badge, I tried but had problems with too many colour channels etc.

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 505

steppie

Club Cricketer
hey guys having problem with baggi studio beta and bag importer..baggi studio does not even open and with bag improter i cant even import any thing man..what am i doing wrong???any one know ???pls help me out here..thanks mates

holmie

Club Cricketer
witchking said:
I did dude. even the png solution changes the filesize and game crashes.

you mean you made a .tex importer?

witchking

School Cricketer
well...no I just exported in png format from baggi studio and later on it crashed blc too..but now that issue is solved . :) ste showed me the direct x tool which I just use for the 4 files of helmets and bits. everything else I make using the direct dds plugin in photoshop.

works perfect. I already finsihed 3 kits. check my thread at

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13232

@ paul r smith

check my aussie test kit now...it has the CORRECT 'old' coat of arms on the helmet. the screenshot is old.

markanddawn

School Cricketer
is there any patches for ps2? or can you transfer pc/xbox patches onto ps2?

holmie

Club Cricketer
man to tell you the truth pc graphics are way better than ps2 graphics.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
A request for all Bat Makers.
Please make sure your bats are formatted in dds with 5 mipmaps.
6 mipmaps and the file will be 174848 rather than 174720. This really messes up your game if you install a lot of them...

usy

Chairman of Selectors
how do change the .dds to a paint or png format so i can edit it .... it seems to have a windows flag icon at the dds file ???? i am tryin this first time ....

Users who are viewing this thread