BLIC Full Version - Views, Opinions and Reviews

themuel1 said:
Yes, though, spinners bowl at 35mph normally on the game, also, there is a problem with right arm Googlies, being that the stock ball is a leg spinner!
Thats what ****es me off. Even S. Chanderpaul can bowl a googly like S. Warne which is utter BS

Dermot's Fiver said:
You should invest instead in Cricket 2004, mon ami.

C2005 batting way too fiddly - though admittedly the bowling rocks. BLIC batting and bowling too inane; too many bowled inside edge to leg stump dismissals and ludicrous clumping of yorkers when bowling, batting far less intuitive and involved when at the crease - no functionality to choose front or backfoot stroke in BLIC

In C2004 you'll pick up a darned sight better game for under a tenner.

mate i have played both BLC (extended demo) and C2K5. I dont cricket 2004 is better than cricket 2005. The batting seems hard and i found it extremely difficult to score runs, but now a bit of practice i am starting to get the timing right and as a result i am score freely with 7-8 over in ODIs and over 400 in test. Its has flaws yes but still its a very a good game in my opinon.

I have expected a great game from BLC cos BLC 99 was excellent but to be honest after playing the extended demo, i was very much dissapointed. Find it way too easy to score and AI was relatively poor. I was surprised to read people saying the AI is not blocking etc, in my opinon in 1-day game in BLC just place and fielder at deep fine leg and deep third-man and in 50over u will see hardly any boundry being score by computer. As I heard there is no auto-play well thats a big negative.

I was under the impression that BLC is going to be way ahead of C2K5 but after seeing both games i think its other way round.

Ok, my first impressions of BLIC having played for a couple of hours.
Overall I like it more than C2k5 but I have some concerns:
Can't select over/round the wicket for bowlers - this is a major thing for me
CPU AI - test match. Computer blocks out for 3/4 overs and then hits 6's. No attempt to get singles or twos.
Stroke variety - as mentioned by Zim. I was a bit depressed to look at the hawkeye spider for my 100 and see all the strokes going along exactly the same line.
Commentary - I've only had Gower and Lawry so far and I've played 2 days of a test match. Lawry also seems to be channeling Jim Maxwell from C2k2/4/5 which is frankly scary. I've heard several identical comments.
Bowling speed - this seems to be better for quick bowlers but not for spinners.
Fielding restrictions - I turned them on and the computer still put 9 on the boundary in a test match.
Display probs - not sure what is causing it but I'm getting a very dark outfield with bursts of light at funny angles. I'll try changing the display settings.

As I said above I liked it though and enjoyed playing it. Bowling especially was a load of fun. I think Codies have done a good job and produced a game that can challenge EA although there is still work for them to do.

on the xbow you just move the joystick before getting ready to bowl an the bowler changes sides

Blic Xbox

Very arcadey not as polished as ea 2005. the graphics suck, their is no autoplay!!! very dissappointing.... OK if you just wish to play with another human as they don`t have to much to learn so in that respect it scores highly. I have played for about 1 hour and have already got to 100 for loss of only 2 wkts. also if you don`t press the button for bowler power it doesn`t no-ball. I have to say that having played the xbox version of both games this wins purely because in ea 2005 they forgot the save game option. all in all ?70 for 2 pretty much average games is a sham!
I will stick to the pc version of ea 2005 in the hope that some intelligent wizz out there irons out the rough spots and posts a download. how about the bug in ea that gives a decision on a run out before the 3rd umpire is used (this is also in blic)

barmyarmy said:
O
CPU AI - test match.
Just use your analog stick to change the bowler runup before starting to bowl :cool:

Fake faces is the biggest one for me I dont know why codies had to do this, I mean in PES you have fake names with real faces, and if they really had to do it they could have used a face swap feature in-game. :mad

I wouldnt buy BLIC 2006/7 if they dont have online play and a player, kits and stadium editor on par with PES 4 and better AI (incorporating a players natural abilities like the power behind front foot/back foot shots etc.) cause I dont mind changing names and faces, But I want a better player editor which incorporates as many features as in PES 4. Lets see who delivers.

And if they cannot put real faces in the game maybe they should try the ICC license instead of endorsing players like Lara and Ponting I would prefer a game named RG Cricket 2005 with real faces and names to BLIC wiTH Hayden bowling as MCGrath.

By the Way has anyone found a way to edit the faces or restore the faces from the ICC tournaments into the game ?

Last edited:
barmyarmy said:

You can on the PC using A or D.

Fielding restrictions - I turned them on and the computer still put 9 on the boundary in a test match

There are no fielding restrictions in a Test match.

So overall this game is looking good as mixed bag here as well.

barmyarmy said:
Lawry also seems to be channeling Jim Maxwell from C2k2/4/5 which is frankly scary. I've heard several identical comments

How bad? It was happening in the demo with the commentators there too every now and then, is it worse in the full game?

Is it obvious it has been copied?

themuel1 said:
Yes, though, spinners bowl at 35mph normally on the game, also, there is a problem with right arm Googlies, being that the stock ball is a leg spinner!

I hope they'll release a patch soon enough for this to be fixed couse its so hard to play a ball at 39MPH after you've just got away with a 97MPH. I mean nobody is that good to change the pace this much. Also if Chanderpaul can bowl the Googly like Warne. The why keep the difference in the skills. The shots, yeah, when I played the demo the first time, I noticed the same thing the if the timing is good, the ball will travel, if its not, it won't go too far but in the same direction so that made it easy to ball like keep the same field and ball the same line and make the CPU play the same shot so that it goes to the same fielder.

One more thing I wanted to know is does the flick on the legside, if you play with the slog shot button, does it go as far as 2 stands back behind the keeper coz that ****ed me off a lot.

athkatla said:
I'm not impressed by the CPU batting at all, I mean they were pulling balls from outside the off stump for 6 out on the leg side. All balls whether pitched short of a length, or on a good length, got the same treatment, loads of sixes hit on the off side over backward point etc, bleeding ridiculous.

I had that problem with the demo (I've not played the full version). It really got on my wick the way the cpu was playing completely unlikely shots, pulling back 6's to the leg side from balls bowled way outside off stump.

However, I did find that adding some late swing and also placing a fielder at a deep leg position seemed to stop this from happening. Perhaps you can check if that works in the final game?

But that doesn't excuse the fact that the cpu just plays some ridiculous "scripted" 6's. I'm sure there are plenty of other holes where they will merrily crack a boundary that would in real life be virtually impossible. It's like the game just decides it will score a boundary from any ball it feels like, no matter how unlikely in real life, which kind of ruins the whole experience.

Can anyone (preferrably someboy with an objective point of view, not a BLIC fanboy thank you) confirm if the final version still has this seemingly "scripted" cpu batting?

You know, we could always tweak the Pacing, Shot selection and direction, etc. anyways a few weeks from now so no point complaining about that...

thanx for the reviews will stickwith 2005 for now
maybe wait amonth or so 4 lara

Users who are viewing this thread