BLIC Full Version - Views, Opinions and Reviews

sorry if this has been mentioned before but i was wondering if there was an option to go foward in the game. for example, if i was playing a test match and i thought it was abit boring, id like the computer to generate the scores up to a certain over or fall of wicket. is that posible in blic 05?

Much of the stuff has already mentioned, but i would like to point out that the best part of this game is playing a Test match.

Yep that's right. Some of you might be thinking that without an Autoplay it could be a taunting task, but actually its not.

The bowling is really fun. Infact i enjoy bowling more than batting (yep its that fun).

I haven't played much one day matches yet, because right now i m hooked up with test matches n all. It takes around: 40mins-1:30 hrs to play 90 overs (i-e 1 day of play)

Pitch wear n tear plays an import part. So far from my experince, if i bowl at rough patches with a spinner, the ball actually turns more (now that is sweat).

You will start to see wear n tear from day one....the rough patches looks cool. Play a test match and set the weather conditions to variable, then you will actually witness weather changing from sun light, to cloudy, rain, much more. Very impressive.

Few negatives though:
- No Time
There is no option to check the time. Its more based on session by session.

- Lack of stats
There aren't much stats avaialbe for you to look at, accept for the scorecard, and few other things.

- Fiedling postions
I found that default fielding postions are close to no good. There aren't much fielding postions to choose from. But there is always custom field option.

Over all this game is really fast paced and fun. I love how fast this game is, you won't feel bored for even a second. Fast gameplay, smooth animations, good graphics make this a perfect time killer game.

I would rate this game 8/10. A must have cricket game!

[Review for xbox version]

Last edited:
Bowling round the legs

having only played the game for around a day, I have noticed that bowling the ball down the legside and swinging it back towards the stumps results in a fair few wickets. Playing as England against the Aussies, 4 of the top seven batsmen were removed by them playing such a ball onto their stumps. Can't say I've seen that happen that regularily in real life. Also against poor teams and bowlers, an inswinging yorker works with alarming regularity.

i just love the game!

- double wicket looks good
- finished 3 challeneges
- havent even went into the test mode
- hooked up with the world cup

- playing now :D

If you want close to reality and the pace of the real world cricket then play Cricket 2005 but if you want a cricket game that is very arcadey that you can just pick up and having a less serious knock about then choose BLIC 05.

I don't think cricket 2005 is realistic, it is difficult to bat than BLIC in which batting is very simple but cricket 2005 is not any good either. Both games have goods and bads.

Well I still cant make up my mind to buy this game or not. I am very happy with Cricket 2005, but I am getting little bits of positive feedback about BLIC now. With the amount of space this game takes, do you think its worth it?

m_vaughan said:
Well I still cant make up my mind to buy this game or not. I am very happy with Cricket 2005, but I am getting little bits of positive feedback about BLIC now. With the amount of space this game takes, do you think its worth it?
Do what i've done. Ive got CK2005 for the PC and BLIC for the PS2. I play CK05 when i want do play serious cricket and BLIC when i want an arcadey muckabout.

Sorry but Im a hardcore cricket gamer, especially the test arena. So I will go for Cricket 2005, too bad that Brian's my favourite, but the game wasn't :crying

I think batting in the test level is quiet hard especially against fast bowlers on a green pitch, once the pakistani attack got me for 25 all out, Akhtar was unplayable at 102 mph, my only gripe with this game would be the bowling speed and the no ball marker, otherwise its a decent effort for a first try and looks to be an excellent franchisee :)

aprofromindia said:
I think batting in the test level is quiet hard especially against fast bowlers on a green pitch, once the pakistani attack got me for 25 all out, Akhtar was unplayable at 102 mph, my only gripe with this game would be the bowling speed and the no ball marker, otherwise its a decent effort for a first try and looks to be an excellent franchisee :)

hey buddy..in world tour do we get to choose what kind of pitch we want to play or its just random???pls help me here..just want to know this.thanks ...cheers

steppie said:
hey buddy..in world tour do we get to choose what kind of pitch we want to play or its just random???pls help me here..just want to know this.thanks ...cheers

stadium, pitch type, weather, ball type, ball condition can all be changed in world tour mode

m_vaughan said:

got pc version yesterday cant load it in
so going 2 swap 4 playstation 2 version
and keep 2005 for pc

Users who are viewing this thread