BLIC Full Version - Views, Opinions and Reviews

LancashireTom

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think this game is a real challenge due to the variable weather conditions and depending on the team you are playing just like in real life. I played Zimbabwe on County level and they got 138 al out in a test, however when i played West Indies i took 3 early wickets in the first 15 overs of the day however then the rain came and all of day 1 and 2 was washed out and the orning of day 3. Then my bowlers were all out of rhythm and Lara got 164* and Sarwan 88 also Dwayne Bravo got 78 and Weindies posted 400-4 before day 4 after tea and all of day 5 was washed out. I also like the fact that you can actual see the clear difference in pace so when akhtar bowl you cannot see the ball and so it is near impossble to time however a 95 mph is slightly easier to time. Also i find in tests that most of the complaints people have do not happen at all, and i firmly believe thta after reading these forums a lot od people are just repeating the same points e.g too fast without even playing the game and ignore the positives a lot of people have jumped on a bandwagon.

crapman777

School Cricketer
Is BLC a stats kinbda game, i mean in the 99 version, your stats accumulated over every match u played. Does this happen in this version, in cric2005 u only get stats for the tournament then they reset for new tournaments.
I am a statsy kind of person so i would really like to know.

Also does anyone know if Ricky Ponting cricket will be the exact same as BLC?

Thanks

Bonoerra

School Cricketer
Cricket 2005 IS Better Than Brian lara In My Opinion, I DO Like The Hawkeye AND the Different Commentators On "Brian Lara " BUT as a Game And Gameplay, Its DEFINATLY "Cricket 2005" Its MUCH MUCH More Addictive,
"Brian Lara " Is GOOD For NON-Cricket Fans, Its An Arcade Game, whereas "Cricket 2005" Is More for Cricket Fans Generally,
The County Cricket Seasons On Cricket 2005 are Brilliant, Although No-one Looks Like They actually are!!!! ( apart from the Test players )
My Biggest "Bug" of Cricket 2005 IS That It Really NEEDED A NEW Commentary "Spiel"!!! All the words/Catchphrases etc are AS they were On 2004,----------MIND YOU!!!!! saying That!!!! On "Brian Lara"!! The commentators ACTUALLY Say The EXACT same Comments That Jim Maxwell says !!!!!!!! ( Thats a Shame, He got Himself In, and should hAve Made More runs " ) !!!!!! ETC!!!!!!

MoxPearl

School Cricketer
BLIC = 10000000Times better than EA Cricket 2005

lol @ all the people buying cricket2005.. u know that 2006 is gonna be just as bad... because ea will be going "yay we are doing a good job.. people are buying it.. lets not change a thing!" like they always do

This is Ea's....5rd ? attempt at a cricket game in 6 years
This is codemasters first attempt in 6 years....

EA WONT patch the game to fix any bugs.. ea just want your $$$ and dont give a ****.

Will codemasters patch the game ?? will be interesting to see...

sameer0807

Club Cricketer
MoxPearl said:
BLIC = 10000000Times better than EA Cricket 2005

lol @ all the people buying cricket2005.. u know that 2006 is gonna be just as bad... because ea will be going "yay we are doing a good job.. people are buying it.. lets not change a thing!" like they always do

This is Ea's....5rd ? attempt at a cricket game in 6 years
This is codemasters first attempt in 6 years....

EA WONT patch the game to fix any bugs.. ea just want your $$$ and dont give a ****.

Will codemasters patch the game ?? will be interesting to see...
well said man.....i totally agree with you.

chillypilly

School Cricketer
what ever u play..when u quit game every thing is lost... i mean there is no corner for ur status( bowling batting record) except for the writeen records theat cannot be changed.... like in EA cricket what ever u play it is saves...but not in BLIC.... am i right?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Yay, just got bowled out for 110 in an ODI by Zimbabwe inside 15 overs. Seems that medium bowlers can bowl at 90mph. I realised this shortly after my middle stump was removed. Panyangara 7-2-41-7!!!

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Bangladesh bowled me out for 110 in 30 odd overs after i bowled them out for 127 on test level in a world cup match. Enamul Haq made a half century against me.

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
Cricket 2005 is definately, a good cricket game.....but then I played BLIC2005 and would have to say that I play games to have fun rather than actually having a mentality that it is a simulation....

If u want something that would simulate the real world while playing the game in a 3rd person view, then I think Cricket 2005. But for me, I love having fun and watching it with some fun. So I love BLIC2005. And another thing that has to be noted that, if u really wanted realism then why not play a cricket game in the first-person mode.. ??

Last edited:

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Saptarshi said:
And another thing that has to be noted that, if u really wanted realism then why not play a cricket game in the first-person mode.. ??
Or they could get off their butt and go and play cricket...

Users who are viewing this thread