BLIC07 file formats

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
madmick96 said:
If I'm not mistaken the TV Overlay files are in the GameData.bag which is the same as last year and the files are the same, HUD\HudImages.dds and ButtonImages.dds.

You are mistaken. They are all in the \HSD\Textures folder, inside MNG files, inside a BAG.

And that stuff in the sharedtextures.bag is not templates at all - it appears to be normals mapping and shininess files for the kits or something. Not textures that's for sure.

etho11 said:
has anyone made or found a template for the bats.
They are still in the .CDS files mentioned on the previous page. We still haven't figured them out. Give it a go yourself if you want.

Last edited:

etho11

International Cricketer
I would but i dont really no how to work these new file types i was alright with C07's fsh files but i have to get to larn all these new ones it could take a while.

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
OK I've made a tiny bit of progress. I've figured out what the "N" and "S" in the files stands for - great.

N - Normal map
S - Specular map

I am now almost 100% sure that .cds files are just compressed dds files. Is anyone else still working on this or is it just me? Because 2, 3, 4 or more heads are better than 1. I'm struggling with this now.

cnbd_novice

International Coach
I think you are one of the only people who is in fact taking this seriously. I would love to be a help to your "extend research" but I am pretty novice at this aspects. Most things I learned about computer is from joining Planetcricket,which was only 2 months ago. I can only hope to try to extract the files and learn to modify them and provide any required information if possible.

Last edited:

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Ok lazy you are not alone on this.

I contacted codies and they said that the Development team are no longer working on BLIC. They also told me that if they would have been codies would have loved to help :(

I was thinking that if codies are brining this format in BLIC 2007, maybe it would also be there in its newer titles ?

cnbd_novice

International Coach
I am receiving the error messege when I try to replace the kits files:
trtrna7.jpg

Plus Tom, could you post the kit template again, or better yet tell me where you posted it before??? I can't seem to find it. Also is it possible to post the TeamAndPlayerInfo.bag file from the BLIC 2007 demo?? I accidentally deleted my backup. Thanks in advance.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Coco said:
I don't know if this will help but looking on the internet I found that .cds can be a programming extension for something called Delphi blah blah blah. I don't know if this is useful but I don't know much about computers and stuff just trying to be helpful!

Go on this website and look about half way down the page (after the Cambridge .cds thingy) and it has an entry on another .cds

Sorry if this is waste of time but I'm really looking forward to being able to edit BLIC07.

I've gone to this link before and even tried downloading the converter for other versions butit didnt work :(

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Kshitiz_Indian said:
Ok lazy you are not alone on this.

I contacted codies and they said that the Development team are no longer working on BLIC. They also told me that if they would have been codies would have loved to help :(

I was thinking that if codies are brining this format in BLIC 2007, maybe it would also be there in its newer titles ?

Great. I suppose that means no bloody patch, then? Or would a patch be worked on someone other than the development team, the repair job team, perhaps?
;)

Has anyone been able to work out what the sound format is yet?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
They should release a patch, it would stop everyone returning the game and it would boost Codies' sales ;) Everyone is happy!

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Its not easy to release a patch. All BLIC users cant go online to download it. Therefore they will be deprived of their right if they dont recieve a patch. To make them recieve it all copies have to be brought back which is a near impossible task. Its always easy to say.......

bothered

School Cricketer
Hi

i have some experience of patching
I am more concerned with the ps2 version but since we have managed to extract the big bag i was wondering who can help me i can open many file with baggi studio but all the file extension in this programme seem to be .tex which i am not sure how to view the pics inside these....(i have photoshop)

So far it looks good, but only with a little help from those more experienced

On a side note
it also seems possible to change the graphics of the game to either Yuvraj, or Ponting as they are included in the file
in baggi studios there is an option for converting dds to png , what we need is a similar function for convert tex to png. (i have tried extracting and changing file name to dds then trying to convert it with no luck - it just says no preview available, so they might be decrypted somehow or just slightly different to the pc version)

Last edited:

bothered

School Cricketer
in response to my thread at evo-web
http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=40349
Hi,

the .tex file from the PS2 version doesn't contain a .png texture, but it is a simple example of a 64x64 paletted (8bpp) texture.

If you open it with a hex editor, you may see the following structure (note that values bigger than 1 byte are stored in little endian style, for example, the first two bytes, 40 00 = 0040 (hex) = 64 (dec)):

2 bytes (40 00): width of the texture (64 pixels)
2 bytes (40 00): height of the texture (64 pixels)
2 bytes (05 00): ?
2 bytes (01 00): ?
8 bytes (FB ..): nothing important (padding bytes for starting data on a 16-byte multiple offset)

4096 bytes (=64x64): pixels data

1024 bytes (256 colors * 4 bytes each color (RGBA)): palette data

Anyway the pixels data seems to be stored in an interlace format that i don't know how to deinterlace, so it may take you some time to find out how to "rearrange" it.

I'm sorry that i don't have enough free time to be more helpful to you. Good luck with your project, mate.

:)

Maybe someone else can help further for ps2

Last edited:

Suge

School Cricketer
So, does anyone know if it's possible to edit faces? This may sway my decision to buy the game.

Users who are viewing this thread