Bowling- Ps2 Version

Richard White

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The key to taking wickets in the PS2 version is VARIATION.
You have to surprise the batsemen or wear him down.
e.g. When using a fast bowler use the odd slower ball its very effective.
But don't just vary your deliveries vary your length as well.

Don't just use a seam attack use spinners as well these will slow the run rate down. Also select an attack that will be effective on the specific pitch and conditions.
e.g. select more spinners for a hard/dusty track. Swing bowlers in a cloudy, humid atmosphere

Also select an attack that will be effective on the specific pitch and conditions.
e.g. select more spinners for a hard/dusty track.

Do you know of anyway to tell what sort of pitch you are playing on before you have to have selected the team?

I have tried slower balls and that works, but why cant quick yorkers or fast pitched balls work? I dont want to only bowl people out using slower balls. Also spinners are really good but come off it, quick bowlers bowl people out dont they?

Tried all that and only get people out using quicks when i use the slower ball. On PS2 version has anyone bowled people out using pace bowlers against AI?

I know where bradfordleague is coming from, any help on PS2 quick bowling chaps?

I have got some1 bowled out with the pace of shoaib akhtar, pitch the ball full on off stump...fulll pace mve the cursor so it'll swing back in

late swing will occur with good swing bowlers in good conditions but i bowled him on a flat track

cya

i've had the ps2 version for a week or so and i've started getting good wickets with my fast and medium fast bowlers....

i use a variety of the quick ball, leg cutter and off cutter.

stock ball is the cutter that swings away from the batsman - square for right-handers and circle for left-handers. bowl them around off stump, around medium length so that they're torn between a front foot drive and a cut shot. and i vary where i put the dot on the ball - mostly the opposite direction to the way i want it to go (this seems to work really well on cutters), sometimes up and sometimes down.

if you bowl this stock ball well (i.e. get the red 'flash' with your bowling meter) you have a good chance of getting the batsman in trouble and clean bowling or lbw-ing him.

variation 1 - the quick ball in the same place or slightly shorter with lots of seam.

variation 2 - the inswinging cutter - same line as the stock ball but using the other cutter (circle for rh, square for lh) and varying the seam placement again.

variation 3 - the slower ball - straighter, fuller and slower.

for variation i will bowl two or three stock balls, interspresed with quicker deliveries and the occassional (once an over at most) inswinger.

all four main balls get me wickets - clean bowled, miscues to short-ish fielders, miscues to the covers, lbw, slogs that don't reach six...

i should say that my normal field is an 7:2 field off:on...so square leg and straight-ish mid on on the leg side and then mid off, deep extra cover, cover, point, backward point, sweeper behind square on the off side and then an extra man who i float around...

and this is for 10 over one day internationals, on medium level.

i think the quicker ball will usually work best for wickets when it's a surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread