Tutorial Bowling Tips

D

Dutch

Not sure wheter this question validates its own threads, but please feel free to move it somewhere if not (I am sure you will feel free!). Having never really got into bowling because of the one-sidedness of previous games I am now really struggling to contain the AI (playing the demo by the way). Batting is going okay on hard and I can make decent totals but bowling is a nightmare. Especially when Ponting comes in he just clobbers me big time. I really want to be able to play on hard because the the other options are too easy batting-wise. What are the best ways to bowl. I feel I am putting the ball in the right place (yellow?) and at the best speed (also yellow). What else do I need to do? If I start mixing it up, swinging then I get clobbered. If I vary the length I get clobbered. If I bowl straight they will block it or let it go, which keeps the score down but doesn't create chances. Even with ultra-defensive field settings. I just got put away for 230 runs for 2 wicketts of 20 overs (Ponting not out for 133 of 52 balls!!:facepalm). How are you guys doing this? Are there any tutorials that might help or tips people can give me (apart from sod-off!:D)

Cheers,

Dutchad

Last edited by a moderator:

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Keep moving the marker around till the very last moment.

Use your variations. Try Outswing, Inswing, Outswing, Bouncer, Outswing, Slower Ball. Mix in some cutters there too.

Keep a defensive field. The AI is going all out attack, you do get catches in the deep and in the covers, mid on/off, square leg.

D

Dutch

sod-off... sorry man couldnt resist

Well, I was probably asking for it!:D

Keep moving the marker around till the very last moment.

Use your variations. Try Outswing, Inswing, Outswing, Bouncer, Outswing, Slower Ball. Mix in some cutters there too.

Keep a defensive field. The AI is going all out attack, you do get catches in the deep and in the covers, mid on/off, square leg.

Cheers, Thats a good point about moving the marker around, will give it a go.

dart-h-vader

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Your line and length are also very important, there is no point in mixing deliveries if your line|length is bad. Try to keep it in and around off stump and don't bowl too short or too full. Try the slower balls on occasions, speed is not everything (as we found out from Shoaib Akthar).Try some spin attack, also if your bowler is in timid range try to get some one else to bowl.

Last edited:

spaga1994

Club Cricketer
and if you've tried them all and there about 1-200 and no one in your bowling line up looks like getting a wicket bowl 4-5 short and wide deliveries and then bowl a full ball on their stumps

P

pcfan123

This works for me sometimes. Bowl a good line and length for the first 3 balls. Bowl a bouncer (in the yellow zone) for the 4th and hope he attacks. Then bowl the same bouncer (yellow zone) but at the last second make it a slower ball,

I have taken 4 wickets this way, in the middle order usually too!

DarrenBravo

School Cricketer
Bowling advice

Can anyone give me any advice for bowling ?

Australia are going at 11 an over whenever I bowl and the only hope of a wicket is a run out :facepalm

What colour signals a good ball ?

Sureshot

Executive member
Light green. The lighter the marker, the better the ball. The same with that meter, the light green is always better when bowling.

You want to pitch the ball just outside off, but not too far outside, or you'll get spanked. High run rates from when you are bowling, is quite common, so stick at it and you will be able to bring it down a bit.

DarrenBravo

School Cricketer
I get confused with the right length though, the right length seems to look to full to me.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Swing - Ideal Length??

What is the ideal length for swing bowling in this game? The pitch marker stays the same colour no matter where i put it, unlike the straight delivery which changes.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Yea, I was wondering the same thing with the demo. I noticed it becomes lighter in colour when you bowl the outswinger a bit fuller and wider than the default length. Same for the inswinger when fuller, don't remember whether wider or closer.

Users who are viewing this thread