Profile Flag
Netherlands
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
What about pakistan???

bumbisoft

International Coach
dbc 14 is releasing in a difficult time. fifa 14,pes 14,nhl 14,nba 2k14 are just some annual game. what about gta 5, watch dogs, sc blacklist though its already released. these games are coming soon with ac 4 too. hope its a success

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think we will sell best in England, then Australia, South Africa, New Zealand and then India, based on the stats I have available right now.

If the price is reasonable i think the number of copies that will sell in India will be very high, somewhere close to UK and Australia.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If the price is reasonable i think the number of copies that will sell in India will be very high, somewhere close to UK and Australia.

Is FIFA priced reasonably?

BRAB

International Coach
Unfortunately you have the problem of piracy in India

yep I just said that, but I'm not a racist...

balkeet

International Coach
My guess is rs 1999 for pc as ac13 is priced at rs 1499 and fifa 14 at rs 2499 at flipkart. Dbc14 is way better than ac13 but from a smaller studios as compared to ea sports therefore i think the price be between ac13 and fifa 14 for pc.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
My guess is rs 1999 for pc as ac13 is priced at rs 1499 and fifa 14 at rs 2499 at flipkart. Dbc14 is way better than ac13 but from a smaller studios as compared to ea sports therefore i think the price be between ac13 and fifa 14 for pc.

I dont think it will be as low as 1999. Atleast it will be 3999 at the minimum.

fullhavoc

School Cricketer
4500 Rs. is way too expensive!!

India is more of a Cricketing nation. I say, anything upto 4000 or 4500 INR for this Don Bradman Cricket is reasonable.

4000-4500 INR. You're kidding me dude!! That's not reasonable in India at all & moreover its of the country's where Piracy Prevails.

India, although a cricketing nation, cannot afford expensive video games. There is a remarkable difference between cricket in India Being popular sport to watch & Cricket as a video game. The majority of Indian Population (around 75%) making Cricket popular are in the rural sector. That itself takes out a meaty chunk of nearly 800 million people from the market. The rest, do the math yourself by adding market segments & you'll know exactly what the market is.

Having said that, i urge all the fans to please go out & pick up an original copy of the game. Piracy is an insult to all the efforts put into making the game. Buy the GAME!! Fuel the growth of the franchise.

if you ask me, Id say:

PS 3 & Xbox- 1799-1999 (Would sell like hot cakes)
PC- 999

Also, a local partner to promote the game would be great.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
4000-4500 INR. You're kidding me dude!! That's not reasonable in India at all & moreover its of the country's where Piracy Prevails.

India, although a cricketing nation, cannot afford expensive video games. There is a remarkable difference between cricket in India Being popular sport to watch & Cricket as a video game. The majority of Indian Population (around 75%) making Cricket popular are in the rural sector. That itself takes out a meaty chunk of nearly 800 million people from the market. The rest, do the math yourself by adding market segments & you'll know exactly what the market is.

Having said that, i urge all the fans to please go out & pick up an original copy of the game. Piracy is an insult to all the efforts put into making the game. Buy the GAME!! Fuel the growth of the franchise.

if you ask me, Id say:

PC- 999

Also, a local partner to promote the game would be great.

After seeing the efforts of Ross and team, i dont think there will be anyone who will download a pirated copy.

Last edited:

Chief

Panel of Selectors
if you ask me, Id say:

You could be right... The tricky thing is persuading them to sell it at a price that near-breakeven. Why bother?

Then you need to stop people elsewhere in the world importing it from India instead of paying double that price in their own country.

Very problematic.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You could be right... The tricky thing is persuading them to sell it at a price that near-breakeven. Why bother?

Then you need to stop people elsewhere in the world importing it from India instead of paying double that price in their own country.

Very problematic.

Agreed. It's why I asked here if anyone had any answers other than digital.

The risk to the "home" markets is way too high to support a low-price Indian model at this point, either that, or the release is delayed into India - Does anyone have any other way of getting around it?

btw Sony's Indian PSN store is quite difficult to purchase from if you are OS, everywhere else is pretty simple, obviously this is to stop markets outside India purchasing on the cheaper store. I had a hell of a time purchasing Street Cricket!

Users who are viewing this thread