MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
As for PC, I would expect anywhere between 1500 (standard price for most AAA games) to 2500 (EA's increased price for Fifa14).
The problem is the conversion in the other direction, 1500 is only $25 - which is a third of the estimated PC retail price in Australia. A comparatively small company like Big Ant can't ignore the reverse importation issue that creates.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I don't know about you guys but I got my signed copy of the game from Ross early this month. Gameplay is stunning to say the least, especially if you use a controller :yes

gudduthemaster

International Cricketer
but that for the game franchise to be a success, they need to make a decent margin on all sales.
True.
That means they need to price all copies of the game, no matter the country, at a price point that doesn't cause importation of 'cheap' copies of the game from there and destroying profitability.
That price isnt constant.It varies among country to country.distributor here often get Cd Keys form publisher and manufacture the Cd/box locally and send it out to retail and Publisher. local distributor has a deal for that,both knows the situation and knows how much money they are going to make,It might look 'cheap' to you because of conversion but they will never sell a product at lower price which will hurt there predicted revenue .Even though importation of 'cheap' copies is a huge problem,but 50% of it is publisher's fault,a region restriction is pretty easy to enforce with help of steam/ip check while activation/making game retail only.Making constant price worldwide is probably the laziest decision you can make and you WILL/may lose potential buyers.EA did it because the origin platform is beyond broken when it comes to regional stuff.Before this price change people 'imported' keys from India,and now they will do it from Russia,($60vs$35).India might have a very small client base when it comes to simcity/battlefield but good luck doing the same treatment for Russia.Now apply this logic to a cricket game.
This discussion is extremely pointless btw,at current stage :p

angad

Chairman of Consent
The problem is the conversion in the other direction, 1500 is only $25 - which is a third of the estimated PC retail price in Australia. A comparatively small company like Big Ant can't ignore the reverse importation issue that creates.

Thats the price range of pc games here (1500-2500). They may well price it at 2500 INR, though I dont know how that would go with the local audience. There was a lot of hue and cry over Fifa14 raising their price to 2500, and that is an already established game franchise.

Anyways, PC gaming (using original games) anyways is not as big in India and certainly is not growing as much as the console market, from what I have seen and heard around me. Thats the reason EA decided to raise its PC prices to bring it at par with the international ones, as the lower price did not generate the increase in sales that they were expecting.

Here is an interesting article I read on MCVINDIA.com, and I kind of agree with the opinion expressed in the article, again based on my personal experience. I might be wrong....but thats fine...its just my opinion based on the facts that I am aware of.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'll gladly open pre-orders for DBC14, just PM me your credit card details to reserve your copy today in whatever currency you prefer...

Pre-Order Disclaimer: Your copy of DBC14 may never arrive and I may just take a holiday to the Bahamas on your dollar. But wait, there's more: Game may not currently or ever exist in physical or existential form. Pre-Orders not a guarantee to actually get the game at all but a guarantee i'll buy myself something pretty for the prom. By sending me your credit card details you void all rights to your car, home pants and pets. As seen on TV.

madman981

Club Captain
Biggs, you are the most sarcastic bloke i have ever read.....

do you ever say anything thats actually relevent to the topic?

you know if you dont like what someone posts you dont have to read it again then reply to it dont you??

sahilnatu

Club Captain
Thats the price range of pc games here (1500-2500). They may well price it at 2500 INR, though I dont know how that would go with the local audience. There was a lot of hue and cry over Fifa14 raising their price to 2500, and that is an already established game franchise.

Anyways, PC gaming (using original games) anyways is not as big in India and certainly is not growing as much as the console market, from what I have seen and heard around me. Thats the reason EA decided to raise its PC prices to bring it at par with the international ones, as the lower price did not generate the increase in sales that they were expecting.

Here is an interesting article I read on MCVINDIA.com, and I kind of agree with the opinion expressed in the article, again based on my personal experience. I might be wrong....but thats fine...its just my opinion based on the facts that I am aware of.

Good read that, Angad. The only thing I see here is that ppl haven't welcomed the 2.5K price tag for FIFA14 PC all that greatly. Wonder how they'd think of a yet to be established game franchise priced equally high. Above 2.5K, the best of games won't stand a chance in the Indian market.

Geez, this is horrible! Wonder how the game producers manage the prices for India. Price high and risk low sales, price low and miss out on profits.

----------

Biggs, you are the most sarcastic bloke i have ever read.....

do you ever say anything thats actually relevent to the topic?

you know if you dont like what someone posts you dont have to read it again then reply to it dont you??

Its humorous at times. Apparently, you don't get it.
Better off reading his 'irrelevant' posts than... wait for it... the price? Controller? Anyone?

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Well looks like you kind of take biggs a bit too seriously...

Biggs is like the joker of the forum here...

And a mod...

And a self proclaimed artist apparently...

Along with a lot of other things he will have you believe...

But "serious" isn't one of them...

angad

Chairman of Consent
Well looks like you kind of take biggs a bit too seriously...

Biggs is like the joker of the forum here...

And a mod...

And a self proclaimed artist apparently...

Along with a lot of other things he will have you believe...

But "serious" isn't one of them...

Takes time to understand what Biggs is all about.

Users who are viewing this thread