MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Don't understand the importance of this thread!
The importance is that we're getting a post every hour seemingly where someone new sees the Australian pre-order price and currency converts it and panics.

Considering we can't do a 'you need a controller' style post until we have a confirmed price - the next step is to hope enough people click here and read a post other than 'ZOMG 50000 bucks!' to keep other threads on topic while we wait.

I'll put that thread next to the 'Yes - Australian developers can release games outside of Australia' thread to help those confused about a UK release of a cricket game.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Wouldnt it be easier to edit the first post to write down what matt mentioned a few posts below that? Since everyone is reading the first post, that should help.

Edit: oh he already did. Lol. My bad.

Last edited:

gudduthemaster

International Cricketer
on consoles in India that's 3500 Rs, slightly cheaper on PC, but not by a huge amount. If I had to speculate, 2500 on PC.

1499 PC.Unless you are EA.Also I dont think this thread will help anybody since they dont have understanding of regional pricing at first place.They will convert $$ no matter what.
nobody reads first post

Last edited:
D

Dutch

1499 PC.Unless you are EA.Also I dont think this thread will help anybody since they dont have understanding of regional pricing at first place.They will convert $$ no matter what.

But that is not the fault of the thread. People are just not willing to take the time to read a few sentences and understand what is going on........

xvalerianx

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Why are we discussing the price so early in the first place? :) The official trailer has not even come out yet. Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet. :)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Here's the deal - if I'm right, then you're not going to be disappointed on release day when you haven't saved enough for the game; if you're right - you have some spare money.

I really strongly suggest people don't expect this game will be at that kind of price. The issue is not whether you think that's expensive or not - but that for the game franchise to be a success, they need to make a decent margin on all sales.

That means they need to price all copies of the game, no matter the country, at a price point that doesn't cause importation of 'cheap' copies of the game from there and destroying profitability.

angad

Chairman of Consent
Lol....this thread and the whole discussion on pricing in India and people directly converting Australian 'fake' pre-order price directly into INR.....its just hillarious!!!! Im surprised no one started the discussion on piracy all over again in the thread :p!

----------

I really strongly suggest people don't expect this game will be at that kind of price. The issue is not whether you think that's expensive or not - but that for the game franchise to be a success, they need to make a decent margin on all sales.

That means they need to price all copies of the game, no matter the country, at a price point that doesn't cause importation of 'cheap' copies of the game from there and destroying profitability.

All this talk about pricing in India is fruitless really, as none of us are qualified to give an answer on it. Whatever the pricing....it will be revealed when it is to be revealed. If one can afford it buy it at that price....else buy it when the price goes down!!

The price of the game will be around the price of other games that are being released in India. Infact, with the weakest rupee against dollar in decades, I would actually expect a steeper price than normal.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
All this talk about pricing in India is fruitless really, as none of us are qualified to give an answer on it. Whatever the pricing....it will be revealed when it is to be revealed. If one can afford it buy it at that price....else buy it when the price goes down!!
Most discussion is pointless if you're willing to wait. However for those here who a game will be a fairly major purchase, it's best for them to have a realistic range to aim for.

It's certainly not going to be the 5000-6000 price you get converting from the most expensive Australian store, but equally it's not going to be 1000-1500.

fiction

County Cricketer
I presume that the price of PC version will be under Rs. 3000.

attachment.php

Judging by the price of other sports games, I expect DBC14 to be somewhere around the 2,500 mark.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 109

angad

Chairman of Consent
It's certainly not going to be the 5000-6000 price you get converting from the most expensive Australian store, but equally it's not going to be 1000-1500.

Third Party ps3 games are retailing for anywhere between 2700 -3500 here, so I agree, that would be the price range that I would expect for the console version of the game.

As for PC, I would expect anywhere between 1500 (standard price for most AAA games) to 2500 (EA's increased price for Fifa14).

soyab0007

Club Cricketer
Whatever will be the price, but we can expect discounts for planetcricket members, right? :):yes

Users who are viewing this thread