Career Mode in Cricket 22 (Discuss your career here)

ahmad ejaz

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Any idea when I'm going to select for 100 ipl and for bbl in my career mode
Playing for india overall rating 90 still haven't select for ipl or 100 even not for bbl played 2 world cups average is above than 50 in all formats still no selection

Tooo much disappointment

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Any idea when I'm going to select for 100 ipl and for bbl in my career mode
Playing for india overall rating 90 still haven't select for ipl or 100 even not for bbl played 2 world cups average is above than 50 in all formats still no selection

Tooo much disappointment
Getting an IPL contract and becoming captain is the ultimate goal of career mode (Well mine anyway)
I just used sim the rest of the games in C19 when I got that gig.
Keep us updated when it happens as I'm keen to know, only in my second season for County but did just play in the CPL. Have you been offered any other leagues/comps?

ahmad ejaz

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Getting an IPL contract and becoming captain is the ultimate goal of career mode (Well mine anyway)
I just used sim the rest of the games in C19 when I got that gig.
Keep us updated when it happens as I'm keen to know, only in my second season for County but did just play in the CPL. Have you been offered any other leagues/comps?
Just cpl ,psl, English t20 slam noting else like ipl, bbl, bpl, or 100 noting
Disappointment

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Is control the bowling or batting ? Struggling to understand these skills and perks. Trying to improve my turn (65 at present) but not a clue how to any help be much appreciated

Attachments

• E9064F82-1D09-4C2C-B9C1-1446415AF40F.jpeg
    E9064F82-1D09-4C2C-B9C1-1446415AF40F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Hi all, is it worth starting a Career yet, or hold on for a few more patches? (ps5)
I would say yes, having fun with it if you don't let the things missing or not working get to you to much.

I'm doing a list of these items and will post in wasteyouryouths new feature thread soon.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
First time playing in a few days. Had a nice variety of dismissals with my off-spin including more clean bowleds not just dragged ons. They were flighted deliveries and the dismissals looked great.

Seemed to be more edges in the game (On Hard/Veteran) and no sign of this dodgy batting animation that’s been mentioned (On PS4).

Still find playing as one player a little tedious in part but still hoping that my Career doesn’t corrupt this time!

master110

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
First time playing in a few days. Had a nice variety of dismissals with my off-spin including more clean bowleds not just dragged ons. They were flighted deliveries and the dismissals looked great.

Seemed to be more edges in the game (On Hard/Veteran) and no sign of this dodgy batting animation that’s been mentioned (On PS4).

Still find playing as one player a little tedious in part but still hoping that my Career doesn’t corrupt this time!

Yeah it's boring playing as one player because what it needs is a sim to next event

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Have managed to get to the second season without file corruption (PS4). Took more and more wickets as first season progressed. Lots of close catches, some beautiful bowleds and a couple of stumpings. I’m an off-spinner by the way.

No cheque when I was 3-Day Man of the Match (Can’t remember if it’s supposed to happen for every format). No post match celebration scene when we won 50-Over Cup (Was there in previous games). Lame dives by fielders not as pronounced as when playing in Play Now (ie: playing every over).

Am playing as a bowler but think the vibe is that my decent batting contribution isn’t relevant to selection. Think I’ll stick to being classed as a bowler though.

Glad to have been nowhere near a gym recently!

Have accidentally ramped a few absurd sixes off 50-60mph spinners. Sixes in general come easier than outside of Career.

Balochistan, Pakistan… call me up! Gone from No Chance to Fair Way Off pretty quickly. Was only Long Way Off for a game or two.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
A bit late to giving Career Mode another crack. I’m going to assume that being made captain but not actually being involved in the toss or having any input during the match is pretty standard!

OnyaGarry

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
A bit late to giving Career Mode another crack. I’m going to assume that being made captain but not actually being involved in the toss or having any input during the match is pretty standard!

Not in my experience, no. In my career as captain I'm involved in all aspects of the game, including selection, press conferences (which are nonsensical), the toss and all batting/bowling choices. I'm on Xbox Series X.

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Before I tag Matt has anyone got any other items for improvements in career mode. Here are my-
• The ability to see the final standings/results/players stats after a competition finishes. Currently once you play last game it just disappears and only shows standings for the next comp you are in.
• Bring back the selection chances screen from C19. The ability to see your country's and other competitors future fixtures and your individual chance of selection for each. Plus you can see where your country will be touring and when stuff like Ashes is due. Currently there is only box which tells you your chance for all formats, surely our chance is different for each? This is a regression not an improvement on C19.
• A players CV screen which shows what you have won both as a team and individual. Currently no way to see apart from having a good memory.
•Players finances- a total pot which shows how much money you have made from MOMs and maybe even draft money from franchise cricket. Would be great addition to compare with friends.
•The ability to see the calender and potential clashes of completions when you are offered the chance to play somewhere, then to prioritise a certain comp so you don't miss a final cause you have to travel back to England to play in the County championship for example.
•In C19 your gold perk tab would allow you to prioritise which format you wanted a greater chance of selection in. Why not there in C22.
•ICC Team and player rankings screen
•World view screen showing all future fixtures, current fixtures etc
•In C19 we would get a mail saying that we had made the lineup and it would show the lineup, in C22 you don't get to see the lineup until you are in game and it only shows for 10 secs before disappearing. Now if your are bowling first you might not know your lineup until the 2nd day!
•Some players have reported having to travel back and forth from different country's during tournaments. In C19 you were just stationed in one comp and that super seeded other comps.

Other gameplay issuies
•Can we have it that the umpire signals out before you get the visual text at the bottom and also on run outs the players celebrate before the OUT sign is shown.
•Different coaches for different teams
•meeting new team mates in one of your other teams kits
•If you appeal in game you can't continue to get to the ball and the batters will always take a cheeky run as your squad is frozen for a few secs.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Before I tag Matt has anyone got any other items for improvements in career mode. Here are my-
• The ability to see the final standings/results/players stats after a competition finishes. Currently once you play last game it just disappears and only shows standings for the next comp you are in.
• Bring back the selection chances screen from C19. The ability to see your country's and other competitors future fixtures and your individual chance of selection for each. Plus you can see where your country will be touring and when stuff like Ashes is due. Currently there is only box which tells you your chance for all formats, surely our chance is different for each? This is a regression not an improvement on C19.
• A players CV screen which shows what you have won both as a team and individual. Currently no way to see apart from having a good memory.
•Players finances- a total pot which shows how much money you have made from MOMs and maybe even draft money from franchise cricket. Would be great addition to compare with friends.
•The ability to see the calender and potential clashes of completions when you are offered the chance to play somewhere, then to prioritise a certain comp so you don't miss a final cause you have to travel back to England to play in the County championship for example.
•In C19 your gold perk tab would allow you to prioritise which format you wanted a greater chance of selection in. Why not there in C22.
•In C19 we would get a mail saying that we had made the lineup and it would show the lineup, in C22 you don't get to see the lineup until you are in game and it only shows for 10 secs before disappearing. Now if your are bowling first you might not know your lineup until the 2nd day!
•Some players have reported having to travel back and forth from different country's during tournaments. In C19 you were just stationed in one comp and that super seeded other comps.

Other gameplay issuies
•Can we have it that the umpire signals out before you get the visual text at the bottom and also on run outs the players celebrate before the OUT sign is shown.
•If you appeal in game you can't continue to get to the ball and the batters will always take a cheeky run as your squad is frozen for a few secs.
Thanks for putting this together definitely some of my major gripes here , can we add being able to change career player batting/bowling styles throughout career ?

ahmad ejaz

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan

Other gameplay issuies
That's great
Also need international test odi t20 rankings
And needed selection for 100 , ipl , bbl, and other leagues
Need to work on career mode heavily

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
That's great
Also need international test odi t20 rankings
And needed selection for 100 , ipl , bbl, and other leagues
Need to work on career mode heavily
Yeah that first one would fall under the ICC rankings
2nd one some players have said they have been drafted for IPL , 100 etc.
I personally have only been selected for CPL and Shefield shield aside from my English County, but iam quite early. I'm hoping that the 100 is offered this season.
Are you saying you can't or haven't been offered contracts in those leagues?

Users who are viewing this thread