Career Mode in Cricket 22 (Discuss your career here)

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Very minor point but as they have decided to present man of the match cheqs can they be in the currency of the country the game is being played and for an amount relavant to the game played.You don't get $1000 for man of the match in a 50 over group game in the UK.Its very minor but if you are going to have presentation it may as well be correct.

stanchez47

Little Timmy
Online Cricket Games Owned
Here's the skinny of it:

The $1000 on the POTM cheque is just art put that on there when making the oversized cheque prop - it's not an indicator of broader money system. Basically there was no obvious use case for money in Cricket, while down the track it might be a nice leaderboard or something, nothing planned for this game.

Fully managing clashes is something that would be ideal, but isn't going to happen in this edition - but it should correctly prioritise finals and the like. If you have cases like that we'd likely need to look into your save file to see what went wrong - so that's an area to contact support for the specific case.

I've re-upped the task on this one to see the status - it is certainly how it should have happened.

Will find out if there's options here to display this differently. I know we've had discussions around finding a way to give some more detailed info as to just how close you are - as a lot of times we get a support task from someone playing for a long time thinking they are making no progress is a few matches away from an offer.

The text status shows your highest chance status out of all the formats.

These all would be good, can't make promises at this stage.

I'll have to find out if there's something else we can do here.

In 22 Perks were adjusted to remove secondary effects - as those couldn't be substantiated as to their effect on your overall ranking - which is part of the key to how the Online League systems work as well as online balancing in general - for example some of the perks would have random boosts - which could substantially advantage one player, but if they never activated, it would be a wasted slot and a disadvantage.

I believe most of the cases of the latter should be resolved, but I'd have to check. I don't know the answer about the coach thing, it certainly was the intention that they'd be different.

Will have to make a note of these and find out. Top one I think should be improved in this week's patch.

There's an ongoing task right now reviewing through all these aspects, correcting some errors with how those things were supposed to work and how their effects were intended. Nothing in this week's patch I believe, but there are absolutely known issues that training/gym stuff is not as intended.

Not sure what you mean about 2 sets of stats - I know there's some spots with inconsistent numbers, which should already have been partially resolved so far, but would need more info there.

In general terms the system is that in game your actions boost your skills by levelling up the skills by earning skill AP - and skills of the same general category as the specific skill are boosted slightly. The nets are the same, you play, the things you do give you AP, which in turn helps you level up - but without the match situation needing to suit.

The issues right now are a mixture of things not working correctly in the first place, needing better UI to explain what's happening, and areas where effects need to be stronger.

Similarly for perks, known issue. The idea is as you bat/bowl/field more your relevant perks should level up, which will increase the amount of skill boosts they apply. This needs some UI improvements in addition to make this generally clearer. Hope to have more progress in this area soon.

Will need to look into this one. Are you sure you're bowling deliveries using those modifiers for bounce/flight?

Thanks for this Guy, a lot of info in there.

I think these fall into 3 categories -
1. Nice to have in the future but not deal breakers (currency in the game from MOTM etc)
2. Nice to have that would improve the quality of the game (text status for chances of selection)
3. Did you guys even test the game (schedule clashes, training, perks)

The part that made me the angriest was this "Fully managing clashes is something that would be ideal, but isn't going to happen in this edition". The crap Bajo tossed up about an immersive game is crap. I've just had my first world cup come up and schedule in the middle of it is a one day/T20 series with the West Indies. I've had 2 Australian summers where test series have been scheduled over the top of each other. And this guy says is something that would be "Ideal".

I dont wont fireworks, an offline league and to be honest we all just skip the broken, repetitive cut scenes. Id swap all of that just to have proper schedules.

Here's a link to an article on Race Department - https://www.racedepartment.com/news/are-game-studios-and-video-game-developers-getting-lazy.449/. The specialize in racing sims but this captures it pretty nicely -

This wouldn’t stand in any other industry.
Imagine going to the cinema to see the latest Marvel movie and the effects were half done “don’t worry” say Disney “we’ll fix it for the streaming release”.

Or imagine buying a new car, only to find when you turn up to the showroom to collect it that the engine is missing.

cricboi

Club Captain
I agree that the game was not ready to be released and had many flaws (and still does) but you cannot compare a game that has no competition and a relatively small and loyal consumer base to other industries that have immense competition and much higher stakes. The reason people don't stand for a busted Marvel movie or car is because there are viable alternative products and how lucrative it is for those with market share to maintain it . BA is the only game in town and the product they develop isn't exactly the most popular/profitable. That's not to say we shouldn't still make suggestions and vent and file tickets and advocate for improvements, just that taking a scheduling issue in career mode as some great disservice is a bit unrealistic at this point.

And don't get me wrong, I was super upset a month ago when the test gameplay was terrible and players refused to pick up balls. I was also upset when all the patches were updating niche features when fundamentals were off. But eventually I just accepted that all I can do is enjoy the game for what it is, hope it improves over time and learn from other players here as to what they're doing to improve experience.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
The part that made me the angriest was this "Fully managing clashes is something that would be ideal, but isn't going to happen in this edition". The crap Bajo tossed up about an immersive game is crap. I've just had my first world cup come up and schedule in the middle of it is a one day/T20 series with the West Indies. I've had 2 Australian summers where test series have been scheduled over the top of each other. And this guy says is something that would be "Ideal".
What I'm referring to in terms of not "fully managing" is that there won't be a direct option to pick which of two clashing events you play, but different international matches occurring at the same time is an error and that's something that is something that work is ongoing to resolve.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What I'm referring to in terms of not "fully managing" is that there won't be a direct option to pick which of two clashing events you play, but different international matches occurring at the same time is an error and that's something that is something that work is ongoing to resolve.
I think why people allude to the pick and choose clashing events, me included, is because in Gareth's interview prior to launch with Mike, he stated that we could.

It is what it is but I think a lot people expected a bit more of a robust calendar and schedule where choices matter in terms of where and what you wanted to play (domestic comps that is).

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I think why people allude to the pick and choose clashing events, me included, is because in Gareth's interview prior to launch with Mike, he stated that we could.
Basically that was Mike's understanding and the plan at the time of the interview, but that there were issues that meant it wasn't able to happen - that it ended up being far more complex than expected.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Basically that was Mike's understanding and the plan at the time of the interview, but that there were issues that meant it wasn't able to happen - that it ended up being far more complex than expected.
Yeah I figured as much. All good.

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
To start this post I wanted to first say that I now believe this game is pretty dam good in general and worth the money. I also want to say in my opinion the career player is the player that invests and will spend the longest time playing the game so saying that these gamers voices need to be heard and from the feedback in the first instant that is hopeful.

I do believe that C19 is a better career mode in terms of items players can access and information that can be seen. Since digesting 'The one who must not be named' response it seems they are aware of some of the issues but also believe that the things they took out from C19 are things that we the career players didn't want. Which I don't agree with based on my opinion and the comments in this thread.
I would swap all the training/gym/press for the C19 selection chance screen. The ability to see how close you are in all formats from IPL selection to knowing that in two tests time will be the Ashes and my current chances are 'Being Considered'.... that sh#t gets me excited.

The mail we get prior to the game showing us the lineup along with the mail we receive that tells us when players retire is sorely missed. Lastly the annoying thing when you are captain trying to select a team and you have to keep going out to the team roaster screen menu to check the stats of your teammates when surely it would be quite easy thing to put in in the lineup selection screen along with the limited player stats now whereas C19 had whole columns for batting/bowling and fielding.

That's my 2 cents and like I said I'm hopeful they will add these items back in over the next few weeks.

Disharies

#ready2strike
RCB...
LQ
Sydney Thunder
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
Nepal
can we play ipl in career mode now

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
To start this post I wanted to first say that I now believe this game is pretty dam good in general and worth the money. I also want to say in my opinion the career player is the player that invests and will spend the longest time playing the game so saying that these gamers voices need to be heard and from the feedback in the first instant that is hopeful.

I do believe that C19 is a better career mode in terms of items players can access and information that can be seen. Since digesting 'The one who must not be named' response it seems they are aware of some of the issues but also believe that the things they took out from C19 are things that we the career players didn't want. Which I don't agree with based on my opinion and the comments in this thread.
I would swap all the training/gym/press for the C19 selection chance screen. The ability to see how close you are in all formats from IPL selection to knowing that in two tests time will be the Ashes and my current chances are 'Being Considered'.... that sh#t gets me excited.

The mail we get prior to the game showing us the lineup along with the mail we receive that tells us when players retire is sorely missed. Lastly the annoying thing when you are captain trying to select a team and you have to keep going out to the team roaster screen menu to check the stats of your teammates when surely it would be quite easy thing to put in in the lineup selection screen along with the limited player stats now whereas C19 had whole columns for batting/bowling and fielding.

That's my 2 cents and like I said I'm hopeful they will add these items back in over the next few weeks.
How do you check your teammates stats please ? Is it in the standings section where it says top batter bowler etc. which very annoyingly dissapears before you get chance to see final standings of tour/tournament after last game ? Cheers

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
How do you check your teammates stats please ? Is it in the standings section where it says top batter bowler etc. which very annoyingly dissapears before you get chance to see final standings of tour/tournament after last game ? Cheers
It's in the team roster section, for example I can see my teams (Farnham - Club side, Surrey & Western Australia) from here click on the team you want then select the player and for Xbox I think its the start button to see there historic batting/bowling stats.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
It's in the team roster section, for example I can see my teams (Farnham - Club side, Surrey & Western Australia) from here click on the team you want then select the player and for Xbox I think its the start button to see there historic batting/bowling stats.
Can you post a pic of where it is mate that you click on the team I never knew this I just select my players blind to any stats or form Much appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread