Career Mode Talk

Culmernation

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've just got promoted to county cricket with Hampshire and I noticed something interesting.

When bowling in club cricket I was about to pack it in due to boring wicket types. Every time I played the only dismissal I'd get while bowling fast was caught by the keeper off a drive. I was beginning to get a bit bored of this as I wanted LBWs, Bowled and Caught at slip. I'd also only get 1-2 wickets per innings for not many runs. It was almost as if the game put a cap on my bowling.

I then got promoted and I've played one game (I know it's not much but it was enough) and everything has changed. I took 4 wickets in one innings with the mixture of LBWs and caught at slip. In the second innings I only took 1 but that was strangled down the legside off a short ball, something which I never saw at club level.

I don't know exactly what caused this. The two main differences between the club cricket and county is the quality of the opposition and the pitch type. The pitch types at club cricket were always normal/medium pitches. First match in county was a dusty wicket. I don't know if this made a difference but it was great fun!

mlwrz

School Cricketer
Hi guys,

today my career save data was currupted and I managed to restore BAK file to main save file...then when I loading the career, there were two save data and 1st one was working. then I deleted the second one from the game menu.. now unfortunately my working career mode also not working.. I looked into the save data on "Documents".. now there is no any career save files.. please guys help me :noway

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I've just been promoted to the England team and apart from Archer all the players are made up? I understand that I'm 6 years into the future but I'd have thought a few might still be around.

john marston

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I was the odi team captain and when the World Cup came someone else was made the captain and after the World Cup was over again I was made the captain. This is really frustrating as u build your own team and someone else is chosen for the big event. It’s a bug.

Gareth Howarth

School Cricketer
Just saying and not moaning as still testing this out , but scored 350 + in my last 2 club 50 over games in career mode , simmed AI and they reached total with couple of overs to spare....
I've noticed this a lot on my games best bet...sim over by over rather then pressing square (ps4) they score more realistic runs I've found

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I was the odi team captain and when the World Cup came someone else was made the captain and after the World Cup was over again I was made the captain. This is really frustrating as u build your own team and someone else is chosen for the big event. It’s a bug.
Asghar Afghan coughs

thesweatyotter

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Anybody got any tips on pace bowling? I’m a right arm fast bowler and almost always get my full ten overs in one day matches for Middlesex and I’m finding it hard to get wickets but I’m getting very unrealistic runs scored against me (very low scores). It’s frustrating and quite boring as I just sit there constantly bowling to the batsmen who nearly all of the time will just hit it straight to the fielders or sometimes they might hit a four. Any help would be much appreciated.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Anybody got any tips on pace bowling? I’m a right arm fast bowler and almost always get my full ten overs in one day matches for Middlesex and I’m finding it hard to get wickets but I’m getting very unrealistic runs scored against me (very low scores). It’s frustrating and quite boring as I just sit there constantly bowling to the batsmen who nearly all of the time will just hit it straight to the fielders or sometimes they might hit a four. Any help would be much appreciated.
Try and switch your lengths midway, like if you originally started the run-up with a short one, change it to a full length. Also, use L1/R1 to further pitch it short or long. Plus, you can also give a try to L2/R2 slower and faster deliveries with various different bowling variations.

Last edited:

sdt16

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Try and switch your lengths midway, like if you originally started the run-up with a short one, change it to a full length. Also, use L1/RT to further pitch it short or long. Plus, you can also give a try to L2/R2 slower and faster deliveries with various different bowling variations.

Just a basic Q..

Can we adjust length using LB/RB midway during the runup??

Because as per the tutorials LB/RB has to be kept held while choosing out the 4 basic lengths..?

Kindly confirm

I think it used to be possible in Ashes..

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Just a basic Q..

Can we adjust length using LB/RB midway during the runup??

Because as per the tutorials L2/R2 has to be kept held while choosing out the 4 basic lengths..?

Kindly confirm

I think it used to be possible in Ashes..
If you see the bowling hud, the L1/R1 option is available throughout the run up, jump and release! Yes, the tutorial is a little bit confusing. On the other hand the pace variations through L2/R2, is locked once you go to the release part of the delivery!

sdt16

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
If you see the bowling hud, the L1/R1 option is available throughout the run up, jump and release! Yes, the tutorial is a little bit confusing. On the other hand the pace variations through L2/R2, is locked once you go to the release part of the delivery!
Thanx dude!
Thats a deeply insightful observation...

Reactions: DAP

zub2005

International Coach
Just scored my highest score in a match 361(262)

Next game was against England in an ODI for India and what do you expect happens... out for 1 haha

Attachments

• 9BFDDE7E-2E88-4BEF-8F1A-8D744E133BCC.jpeg
    9BFDDE7E-2E88-4BEF-8F1A-8D744E133BCC.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 32

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Just scored my highest score in a match 361(262)

Next game was against England in an ODI for India and what do you expect happens... out for 1 haha
What difficulties?

Users who are viewing this thread