Come back "Sreesanth"

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
As long as India and the ICC dont mind it, thats not a problem. His bowling is more important than how he behaves on the field.
I agree with this statement.

RP and Ishant go for 7.5 to 8 runs an over. Sree would be better than them! His behavior should not be used against him.

I don't agree as the pitches on which they were bowling were purely batting ones.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
@ manee: Why not Sree for tests if he shows that he is back to good form in the ODI's?

Simply because OD and Tests are different ball games, bowlers who are good in one are not necessarily good in the other. Sreesanth was good for Warwickshire in OD cricket but was poor in FC cricket, being comparitively expensive and taking fewer wickets than his peers.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
true, and it works both ways. personally I saw no reason for ishant sharma to be in the ODI side. he bowls quick out side off-stump and gets some movement but his control just lacks a little and in one dayers players are going to eat up anything wide whereas test they'll let it go.

bring whoever back, but don't ruin another fast bowler ideal for tests by forcing him to slow down and add control to fit in with india's ODI obsession.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
RP and Ishant go for 7.5 to 8 runs an over. Sree would be better than them! His behavior should not be used against him

We have agreed that they do not belong in team way back :p

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
Guys like Sreesanth and his ice bath buddy Andre Nel make many people sick with their on-field behaviour and performance is not the only thing that counts.
Its about setting an example for the younger lads who watch the game as well.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Guys like Sreesanth and his ice bath buddy Andre Nel make many people sick with their on-field behaviour and performance is not the only thing that counts.
Its about setting an example for the younger lads who watch the game as well.

The lads of today are not as stupid as before. They know better as to what to follow and what not to follow. If Sree is not performing, then you can call to drop him (I had wanted him to be dropped when he didnt do well for India). But now he is doing well and seems to be back in form and so he should come back. Performance is the ultimate and you are rated on the ultimate thing. The rest do not matter much.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
78600.jpg

I love to see this ! :laugh

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
Well,i beg to differ on the last statement you have made.
If he's doing well,then he deserves to be given a chance,but at the same time he should be councelled on his behaviour.

bcvstheworld added 0 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

78600.jpg

I love to see this ! :laugh

This is what makes me sick :D

angryangy

ICC Chairman
We have agreed that they do not belong in team way back :p
Unfortunately, India without any of Sreesanth, Sharma or Singh is a side that really lacks a certain something. It's a case of wandering around looking for cool-looking stones, instead of finding a big, ugly chunk of rock and carving it into the right shape. All three players are talented, but raw in some way. For Sharma, the only problem seems to be a loss of fitness. It would be a real shame if India lost him to injury or forced him to bowl slow just because they demand too much.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
true, and it works both ways. personally I saw no reason for ishant sharma to be in the ODI side. he bowls quick out side off-stump and gets some movement but his control just lacks a little and in one dayers players are going to eat up anything wide whereas test they'll let it go.

bring whoever back, but don't ruin another fast bowler ideal for tests by forcing him to slow down and add control to fit in with india's ODI obsession.

Very much agree with that assessment of Ishant. Ishant adds little to the ODI side and it fatigues him for Test cricket.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Sreesanth maybe mental, but just take a look at his girlfriend!

sreesanth-romantic6.jpg

This girl and a guy like Sree! :eek: Hard to imagine.

Arey. She has moved on from Dhoni to Sreesanth? She is Lakshmi Rai, Dhoni's very very very close friend:p

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Her face is too bad. Anymore pics?

Users who are viewing this thread