Copa America 2011 Thread

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I am unsure whether to support Argentina (I like their team as a whole) or Neymar's Brazil. I think Neymar's target of becoming the world's best player while still playing for Santos is a noble one and I hope he succeeds.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Will be supporting an underdog in Paraguay as I've always done in sports. :p Any news on Salvador Cabanas ever since that 'bullet on the head' incident?

Auwais

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I heard they're streaming it on YouTube (unfortunately not in the UK) so some of you lot might be able to watch it. Try this channel: YouTube - CopaAmerica's Channel

Although I think those of us in the UK and other places where it is blocked might be able to watch it with the help of this: How To Get A US IP Address

Can Argentina turn the corner under Batista? The squad seems solid but they're question marks over their defence. Conversely, with Brazil, they have an excellent defence with the outstanding Thiago Silva in their ranks but question marks up front where they only have Fred as a true out and out striker, so will they look disjointed with Pato playing the main striker role?

Uruguay look a good bet for another decent run in cup competition after what happened at the World Cup.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Now looking at the Argentina squad and im a bit surprised Maxi didn't make it based on his end of season form for Liverpool.

Plus although i know he hasn't been a regular for Inter this season, i reckon Walter Samuel is still good enough to be an automatic starter in Argentina defense. After all all the coach picked G Milito and i cant remember the last time i saw him in a Barca shirt.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Adios Argentina. Adios.

Feel sad for Higuain and Di Maria, but the entire team as a whole were a massive disappointment.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Pssh, go Paraguay.

Pretty sure Larissa Riquelme will strip again if they at least 'try their best' :p

JBlues08

Club Captain
The 'Dark Horse' Uruguay struck again! Hoping Brazil gets KO later, just for the sake of wanting to see one of the lesser countries winning the Copa America.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
People here are going crazy. I wonder what it will be like if they win!

I am supporting Uruguay though. Just for Suarez.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
People going crazy here. Fireworks, car horns, shouting. I don't think I'll be able to go to sleep tonight with all this noise.

Go Venezuela!

JBlues08

Club Captain
Hooray for the underdogs! :p

Brazil's penalties were dire. Never seen a worse shootout than that.

+1

By the way, did anyone here watch the FIFA Women World Cup Final yesterday? It was sure an entertaining one. The Americans were perhaps unfortunate to lose given the number of times they hit the woodwork but the Japanese's never-say-die attitude was evident all the way till the end. Either, congrats to them for winning the World Cup. :)

Users who are viewing this thread