The State of Brazilian football en route & after 2014 World Cup

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I like Tim Vickery's articles but he is absolutely horrible to watch and listen to on the bbc.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Took my boy to one of those after school soccer schools run by the fa, he has been their for the past 4 weeks but this week was the first time I really spoke to any of the coaches

Anyway he was similar age to me early 30's and we spoke at length about the current state of our game, and he said to me something which I had never thought about, firstly he said since we last won the World Cup most kids would play football night and day if possible, and I can agree with this as I would play as much as possible.

So look at it like this, we have never won the World Cup again in a time when kids would play football all the time, as there was little else to do then, so our kids were not good enough when they grew up to be footballers, now look at today's kids, they do not play anywhere close to the amount I did the generation before did, so how on earth do we ever expect to win it again when we play less than we did before?

I'd never thought about it like this before but it does make sense, he also said why do you think Spain are so good? They have bloody good weather most of the year so the kids are out playing continually, for me this hits the nail on the head.

My garden is flooded, so realistically we won't kick a ball their till March at best, the parks are water logged, yeah there are free options like these cages in parks but the concrete surface is a slippery and dangerous option.

So it then means it's down to the 3G option, as great as the pitches are they don't come cheap, my kids team train once a week one and we are currently playing our Sunday matches on them also, however our club is now investing in an alternative surface to use at our football club, some kind of carpet on rubber, basically a cheaper alternative than 3G

The cost of the 3G pitches for our club to send all our age groups to is financially to much.

So what I take from this is that yes the kids are learning a better way to play the game, but more importantly they are not playing enough for us to ever be a force again

Hmmm. Good point - and most depressing.

War

Chairman of Selectors
I like Tim Vickery's articles but he is absolutely horrible to watch and listen to on the bbc.

Ha, that's a bit harsh. Thought he was very informative just like his articles, although i'd concede he is probably one of those guys that doesn't have great TV presence.

Users who are viewing this thread