Crick4life(Ravi) ODI AI patch Ver 3

The Champ

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
but i had a field setting the last time i used ur patch avi, once i installed the original fields, the game play was funny, cpu played evershot after the keeper collected the balls, and i didnt have any fileder in field.

can u tell me why and i want u to post the original field compatible with ur field settings

crick4life

International Cricketer
Don't know what went wrong there for you but the patch will almost be ineffective if you use default fields I think.

The field setup has not changed a bit but still attached it is, just in case you needed it.

Attachments

• Field setup.zip
    5.7 KB · Views: 46

Hero

Club Captain
Good work Ravi as I am playing a match with it and it is looking good.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Ravi, did you post a Test Patch recently? I've had a good look for it but not been able to find anything.

Edit: I played a test match with the ODI patch installed and was bowled out for 21 in 8 overs against Minor Counties! Wasn't even on a green pitch and I was running cursor.exe in the background...

Bala

International Coach
Good work on your v6 of ODI patch Ravi. I am currently playing an Indian tour of England. After comfortable wins against Scotland and Kent, It was the first ODI against England. Here are my results.

India bats first.
10 Overs - 1/68
15 Overs - 2/109
20 Overs - 2/135
At this stage, I switched to CGP4 ODI by Boss, because I found batting very easy with your V6. Also there were a plethora of wides and byes. But exaggarated swing on the positive side. I ended up with 271/9 in 50 overs.

For England's inning I switched back to your v6. Know what, it was amazing. Simply mind blowing, as I got thrashed all over the park. Trescothick scored 20 odd runs before he was bowled, There in Geraint Jones and Vaughan put on a partnership of 135 runs. Jones was runout for 48 of 74 balls. Then Strauss joined Vaughan and England won the match in 45 overs.

Vaughan was unbeaten on 155 of 120 odd balls with 26 boundaries. And the fact, I liked most was all his boundaries were along the ground.

Overall a very challenging patch to bowl at, but not upto that mark while batting. Could you make batting a bit tougher.

jonah

International Coach
barmyarmy said:
Edit: I played a test match with the ODI patch installed and was bowled out for 21 in 8 overs against Minor Counties! Wasn't even on a green pitch and I was running cursor.exe in the background...

Lol, sounds like you're about my standard Colin ;) .

Hero

Club Captain
I am really enjoying the batting in this patch and bowling is also really cool.Currently I am chasing 252 runs and at the moment 69/3 in 13 overs.

crick4life

International Cricketer
barmyarmy said:
Ravi, did you post a Test Patch recently? I've had a good look for it but not been able to find anything.

Sorry to hear that mate :p the patch was not designed for test cricket at all. I have a test cricket patch that needs a little testing, give me couple of days and after decent test will upload it here.

Machanperu Bala said:
Good work on your v6 of ODI patch Ravi. I am currently playing an Indian tour of England. After comfortable wins against Scotland and Kent, It was the first ODI against England. Here are my results.

India bats first.
10 Overs - 1/68
15 Overs - 2/109
20 Overs - 2/135
At this stage, I switched to CGP4 ODI by Boss, because I found batting very easy with your V6. Also there were a plethora of wides and byes. But exaggarated swing on the positive side. I ended up with 271/9 in 50 overs.

For England's inning I switched back to your v6. Know what, it was amazing. Simply mind blowing, as I got thrashed all over the park. Trescothick scored 20 odd runs before he was bowled, There in Geraint Jones and Vaughan put on a partnership of 135 runs. Jones was runout for 48 of 74 balls. Then Strauss joined Vaughan and England won the match in 45 overs.

Vaughan was unbeaten on 155 of 120 odd balls with 26 boundaries. And the fact, I liked most was all his boundaries were along the ground.

Overall a very challenging patch to bowl at, but not upto that mark while batting. Could you make batting a bit tougher.

Thanks for the feedback, yes I like the way CPU approaches batting in this patch. It's lot easier to bowl to CPU than what it was in my previous patches.

I don't know how good you are with your batting I have not been able to reach 300 even once for the last 8-10 times on variety of pitches. I have scores something along the lines of Hero. I can score in the range of 260-290 off 50 overs on a hard/dry/dusty pitch if I do not get bowled out early on of course. Any other pitches between 220-260 is what I am able to score.

I am lot more conservative because if I start playing too many shots off my backfoot I lose one too many wickets early on. I just let the good length balls go and only play the cut shots, straight drives and on the leg side for the first 10 or so overs. The onus of my batting is to save wickets in the first 15 overs and that's a challenge to me.

crick4life

International Cricketer
S, attached is the newer version of the configs. Use the same field set up you downloaded before. Also attaching a copy of the field setup just in case.

The following are the fixes :

1. Backfoot shots have been reduced drastically. Unless bowled short of good length backfoot shots won't be overused.

2. Sixes shots for CPU tweaked : Now the CPU prefers the front foot shots to go over the top than the back foot ones. It will now use the slog shot, aerial cover drive, aerial straight drive and aerial leg glances as opposed to back foot aerial shots.

3. The pacing was pretty much perfect but for CPU getting out to back foot on drive and back foot cover drive shots. This time around it prefers the front foot shots so chance of getting out to aerial shots are reduced.

4. Hitting a six was pretty much impossible the last time around for humans which has been fixed now. Not sure how much you can rake up but this one is made easy to bat to ensure you are able to play with Sam's exe and not struggle to score a run. Previous version was produced exclusively for normal exe and not the ver 1.2 Sam's exe. This time around this patch should work well even with Sam's 1.2 exe.

5. Variety of shots : CPU will play different shots to the same ball so working on field set up and bowling will make it interesting.

Let me know if anything.

Attachments

• ODI patch Ver4.zip
    24.2 KB · Views: 62

joesaadati

Club Cricketer
"crick4life
Staff Member
I have the 1992 World cup cricket teams but only with ODI international stats, it needs the test cricket stats update which I can do shortly and post the rooster."

Ravi as was quoted by you in the above have you almost finished with the Roster updated for worldcup 1992 if so please kindly inform Thankyou If not could you post the ODI international stats for the moment :happy :onpc

Users who are viewing this thread