Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

Hitterman

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Game looks like more like brian lara than to ea cricket
The game is neither Brian Lara nor EA. It's a game developed by Trine Animations and may be published by Trine Games.

In short, we can say that this is from Trine Studios or say one of the owners of PlanetCricket. The first news about this game must be on the home forum, that is PlanetCricket.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Trine Games onto the scene? Hmm interesting, I guess Streets of Mumbai wasn't released yet?

Those screens look promising for an Indian Game Studio tbh, lets see how it pans out.

EDIT - No, its nowhere on Trine Games site.

Hitterman

International Coach
They haven't published any article or new but you can see the slide show which include these images at Trine Animation - Home

Just wait and see all the animation slideshow.

You can lso visit here
Index of /photo
And check images 20-25. Its all I got it from their site.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
It might be good though, you never know. Atleast it'd be known that they aren't rebuilding anymore.

However EA asking Trine Games to make it is HIGHLY unlikely, and I'd say next to impossible, and no, don't mark me please as the world of Gaming is so changing atm. But yes, for a company that has hardly released a respectable title (albeit having some great ones under the works) its unlikely for them to be hired by someone like EA.

Hitterman

International Coach
I completely agree with Kshitiz. Though Trine games is good but there are better developers which includes HB Studios.

COUGH COUGH COUGH
No coughing please:p. Go immediately to the doctor:D

graham

Club Captain
COUGH COUGH COUGH. EA like India this time round ;) Another evil hint from me :p

highlander 999
so i could be right the square cut picture has all the looks of a ea cricket game ;)
and do you have inside information to share with the forum or is it ;)
lol

Last edited:

fk915

Club Cricketer
This doesnt look like game from EA. If its about ICC T20 then the official sponsor for ICC T20 is Pepsi while in these pictures sponsor is Coke !! so it cant be EA game

Hitterman

International Coach
Great source Ron.

highlander 999
so i could be right the square cut picture has all the looks of a ea cricket game
and do you have inside information to share with the forum or is it
lol
You may have to wait for a month for some inside information.

This game can't be EA's because Sangam currently works only for his company. (According to his interview). If i'll imagine this game to be EA's then it the end of cricket games from EA.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
COUGH COUGH COUGH. EA like India this time round ;) Another evil hint from me :p

This game can't be EA's because Sangam currently works only for his company. (According to his interview). If i'll imagine this game to be EA's then it the end of cricket games from EA.

How does Sangam Gupta working only for his company rule out any future cricket games from EA ?
EA have never developed cricket games in their studios.It has always been some other studio like Beam Software(Melbourne Interactive) in case of Cricket 97,98,99,2000 and HB Studios since Cricket 2002.

It could well be possible that Trine games might be the developers of the next cricket game (Cricket 09 or 10) and EA might publish it and launch it as EA Cricket 10.In the above interview he does mention about a sports game in development but adds that he cannot comment on the publisher which makes it obvious that it won`t be published as `Trine Games Cricket 10` or something.
The publisher could well be EA Sports.I built all this up reading the interview and taking the `evil hint` into consideration.

Also looking at the fact that Cricket has`nt always been EA`s biggest priority and the Indian game developers being definitely cheaper than their Canadian or Australian counterparts, EA Sports could`ve gone for an Indian developer this time around.

Last edited:

gudduthemaster

International Cricketer
BTW
if this game get 5 or 6 or 4 in 10
i will buy it,for me the game looking decent from picture (expect stadium and crowd):D
and at least a Indian studio is making it

Trine Games onto the scene? Hmm interesting, I guess Streets of Mumbai wasn't released yet?

Those screens look promising for an Indian Game Studio tbh, lets see how it pans out.
streets of Mumbai coming December 2009

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
The Trine game is seperate to EA C09. As I'm sure you all know Sangam Gupta is an executive member (and former admin here) so maybe people will stop doubting our sources!

graham

Club Captain
The Trine game is seperate to EA C09. As I'm sure you all know Sangam Gupta is an executive member (and former admin here) so maybe people will stop doubting our sources!
doubting our sources!
we have been told nothing about any cricket game...
if this is not ea then, are trine making a cricket game to sell on or doing art work for a company , its so nice to see something about a cricket game,
Sangam Gupta i see has had links to ea as well :rolleyes:

Last edited:

TLCJones

School Cricketer
If the sports game discussed in the interview is EA Cricket, it is exclusive to PC, 360 and Wii, I want it on PS3! :(

Users who are viewing this thread