Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

Hitterman

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
That description sounds very unprofessionally written. However the feature list does stack up to the information we received about it last year.

As PC understands it, this game was for most purposes completed, but its release was cancelled. If you look at how Peter Moore changed his language regarding having nothing to announce to denying completely, you can probably see where along the timeline the decision to cancel came in.

EA made large cutbacks last year, so investing more money into releasing a game that as we understand it was PC only, with a Wii version was ruled out by someone from EA NZ, and it was certainly not a 'next-gen' (for want of a better word due to the stupid arguments that brings up) game.

You never know, this could be them testing the waters for releasing it unchanged with a 10 badge about this year's T20 WC.

At least this is official. What PC provided last year with the list of features were not official and couldn't be considered. The features listed here are at least officially confirmed. I have even seen the packshot of the game at EA Store with the price of $24 something. The product doesn't exist anymore. I also have the link saved with me when I tried to buy the game. Now it shows "this product is restricted".

It may be a good sign from EA side :)

An yes, there is no T20 WC in year 2010. You must clarify your doubt that T20 WC is after every two years. It was in 2009 and now it will be in year 2011.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
I am REALLY tempted to put that Hitterman quote in my sig. :D

I don't know what to make of this, EA have gone too much of a see-saw to really believe anything coming even from their own RSS feeds. This article / PR is dated 8'th Feb 2010 yet they're saying EA Cricket 09? I dunno.

session

Club Cricketer
I don't know what to make of this, EA have gone too much of a see-saw to really believe anything coming even from their own RSS feeds. This article / PR is dated 8'th Feb 2010 yet they're saying EA Cricket 09? I dunno.

Is there any source from where this doubt can be clarified?????:sarcasm

Hitterman

International Coach
An yes, there is no T20 WC in year 2010. You must clarify your doubt that T20 WC is after every two years. It was in 2009 and now it will be in year 2011
What a fool I am :p. That was really idiotic from me. That at least proves what I am:doh

I am REALLY tempted to put that Hitterman quote in my sig.
I'll put that too in my signature so that it will keep on reminding me that ICC T20 WC is there in 2010 :D

Studies, studies and studies...:facepalm

Hitterman added 4 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

Is there any source from where this doubt can be clarified?????
I contacted one of my mate who is an official employee in EA and he said:
We’re always looking at all sports and I hope we bring cricket back but at this stage we have nothing in development.

LOL!

session

Club Cricketer
since, there is no development of cricket game from now it will take atleast 1 year to come from EA.
:crying
Again this thread is dead!

P

pcfan123

It its going to be PC only then what is the point? It will go the CR route, sell 2000 real copies and the rest will just download it.

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
It its going to be PC only then what is the point? It will go the CR route, sell 2000 real copies and the rest will just download it.

Yeah but it wouldn't be their only pc only game the Fifa Manager series only gets released on PC.

Although I suppose football has a larger following than cricket so they can get away with it.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
What PC provided last year with the list of features were not official and couldn't be considered.
Something doesn't have to be 'official' to be from a trusted source and correct. Likewise something 'official' can be wrong (like the Cricket 2002 features list).

I'd suspect some C09 stuff was put on the server and hidden, but like all the stuff about being able to register C09, this was accidentally unhidden.

session

Club Cricketer
EA are gone mad or what????:doh

I dont know why they have wasted their money on development of EA Sports ICC Cricket 09 and then have not released it. i think they really gone MAD.

capture.png

Does any of their officials visit this forum often????:sarcasm

They could have made good money.:clap

session

Club Cricketer
Response from EA

I mailed EA support about EA sports ICC Cricket 09.

The following was the reply i got from them.

capture.png

Tentative Release Date here is that the game in production and they haven't decided about it.

From this i am thinking that surely Trine Cricket 10 is going to be published by EA, as it has licences of the 12 major teams like India,Srilanka, Pakistan etc. So, it named as ICC cricket 09 and to notice Trine Cricket 10 screenshots too has the licenced teams and kits. At the same both cannot have the ICC licence.

comment on this whether i thinking is right or wrong

Last edited:

Hitterman

International Coach
No you are thinking wrong. You can never trust these Customer care emails. I received a reply too. Don't you think the replies are 90% same?

clipboard02arq.jpg

What I can confirm personally from my sources is there is a game existing named "EA Sports ICC Cricket" which has no relation with Trine Cricket. ICC Cricket 09 is developed by HB Studios. Trine Cricket has no official proofs of the license but EA has. They have the license for 2009 and even if they don't get a license for 2010, there is no problem in releasing an old game.

Users who are viewing this thread