'Cricket 19' has a May release

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
do we know anything about AC19? I will definitely be getting this on release. I'm really hoping they've improved the player career or just fleshed it out a bit eg. making the stadiums empty for Australian Shield games (I want the sound of 7-9 people clapping when I raise my bat AND take off my helmet after scoring a century...not the sound of Wembly at the FA cup final). So many things that can/should be improved on.

Fingers crossed.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I think fielding generally needs an overhaul. Different animations for different kinds of catches. (slip, point, over the head as mentioned etc.). Also, loopy throws need to be addressed. I feel I can pinch a single 95 times out of a 100 even if I hit it to a fielder directly inside the circle. Maybe slowing down the running speed? For me personally, I had started playing without the sprint option, but find myself cheating from time to time. Almost every time I do cheat and sprint, I make the crease easily.

BlaizFlare

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
A little idea I had, since this game has ECB licenses, maybe they should also license The Hundred format, get the cricket fans to test it out from their controller as well, and maybe get some feedback from that as well? :p

This could also definitely lead to licensed teams for The Hundred competition last year I believe it's being held, I think it's a pretty nifty idea.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
With all these expectation, am curious to see when and how BA are gonna introduce the new cricket game to us.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I hope they add something more to the career mode, i found it boring after a while in ashes cricket after playing dbc 17.
I agree with this 100%. I think a good career mode in a sports game can do wonders for the title. I'm just surprised at the lack of attention it gets in these games.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Does career mode in the current game factor in rules to do with eligibility? If not, it would be good to be add the option to assign players into certain categories (maybe a section in the team roster) with check marks for things like overseas, kolpak, T20 only etc. Could also be factored in for players that have retired from certain formats.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Does career mode in the current game factor in rules to do with eligibility? If not, it would be good to be add the option to assign players into certain categories (maybe a section in the team roster) with check marks for things like overseas, kolpak, T20 only etc. Could also be factored in for players that have retired from certain formats.
Nah I don't believe it does.

Nix71289

Club Captain
As a cricket fan and gamer I am not really bothered about stadiums and other cosmetics of the games. Primary focus should be on the game play and everything else is secondary. If the game play is great everything else can be rectified in the future iterations. But if the game play is bad the studio will loose out on customers and there won't be much to rectify down the line.

A much improved career will actually do wonders for this game, I know many a fans who just plays FIFA for the career mode. A simple story line or a new letter before or after every match will do a lot do. Records section to cross check your stats with other greats.

If I am playing as a batting all-rounder I would not prefer to bowl in 4 day or tests matches but still I do end up bowling 11-18 overs per game. Some option to opt of this should be good.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
As a cricket fan and gamer I am not really bothered about stadiums and other cosmetics of the games. Primary focus should be on the game play and everything else is secondary. If the game play is great everything else can be rectified in the future iterations. But if the game play is bad the studio will loose out on customers and there won't be much to rectify down the line.

A much improved career will actually do wonders for this game, I know many a fans who just plays FIFA for the career mode. A simple story line or a new letter before or after every match will do a lot do. Records section to cross check your stats with other greats.

If I am playing as a batting all-rounder I would not prefer to bowl in 4 day or tests matches but still I do end up bowling 11-18 overs per game. Some option to opt of this should be good.

Don't become an all-rounder then? I do agree though with a record of stats. One thing as you are made captain is you can't see how the other players have been performing. It's solely done on overall rating. I would like to see the players stats for on the select lineup page for their career and also current season.

Nix71289

Club Captain
Don't become an all-rounder then? I do agree though with a record of stats. One thing as you are made captain is you can't see how the other players have been performing. It's solely done on overall rating. I would like to see the players stats for on the select lineup page for their career and also current season.
I wan't to be an all-rounder but I don't think I want to ball 18 overs in a test match. I am more of a 10 over guy at max and more suited with my variations in the shorter format (but there is no option which makes me a pure batsman in one format and an all rounder in another). My whole point was such a flexibility will add more value to the game.

I agree with your player stats and form for selection criteria when you are a captain.

Nix71289

Club Captain
AI batting:-
One huge issue in the game right now is the way AI bats in the shorter formats of the game. It looks mostly premeditated and far less realistic. I read somewhere that the coding is done in way that AI has targets to achieve in every over and it plays according to that and not the match condition, not sure how true is that.

A simple solution to this could be a data matrix where every batsman of the AI team will bat accordingly to the match situation and as per their mentality. Its sad to see Brute batsman defending my medium pace bowling in the last overs of the T20 game.

The attached file is a spreadsheet which gives an idea of how a batsman should play according to the match condition in the first innings of a T20. It's just a rough way of how a batsman should play, if something like this can be created in the game the whole issue can be sorted.

Similar spreadsheet for the second innings would be more exhaustive as the required rate also has to be considered.

Attachments

• Batting First innings in a T20.xlsx
    11.6 KB · Views: 5

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I would like to see the players stats for on the select lineup page for their career and also current season.
Absolutely second this as well.

EDIT:

To add to this, it would be nice to see every player's domestic season stats. Then, if we're captain, we should be able to pick our squad as well rather than having to choose from those provided for us. That way, we can have our own squads and teams.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
A revamped career mode along with all the bells and whistles will do wonders with respect to the success of this game, I just hope they change the development of all players in career mode in to real time performance based just like it was on dbc14

Nix71289

Club Captain
A revamped career mode along with all the bells and whistles will do wonders with respect to the success of this game, I just hope they change the development of all players in career mode in to real time performance based just like it was on dbc14
Sad to see all teams playing with all 100 skilled players after a few seasons. Doesn't make career look interesting, a ranking system will also add a lot of interest in players to play the career mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread