'Cricket 19' has a May release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The promotions of the game are likely to be during the WC2019, it’s a global event. with ECB supporting the game, I wont be surprised if there is a banner or poster of the game in the ground/stadium during the WC games. More promotions during WC is a good advertise to the game as well as @BigAntStudios . The game can be expected to release after the WC and before the Ashes 19.

The ICC events don't tend to have a lot of crossover- lots of different organisations involved. But given the proximity of it, you'd imagine there would be opportunities for BA to forward-promote it.

This looks like a Ashes 2019 Licence alright - The new series sponsors are in. Not convinced yet about the stadium licensing - is this a licensed Lord's, or a generic stadium that shares some aspects? It's probably early enough that a lot of licensing stuff hasn't yet been done (or indeed yet confirmed by the licensor!). Very early to speculate.

I wonder why they've put this out now? Seems like odd timing not really tied to anything - Have they got any social media stuff set up yet does anyone know? Or has there been an announcement or anything?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Nah, he was too critical towards Bigantstudios and got kicked out of the Clubhouse.

This is unfair. I’ve had my criticisms of Big Ant publicly and privately but the one thing I’d always defend them on is the beta was far from an echo chamber. in fact I was invited in to beta despite some very strong criticism of DBC17.

Of course they preferred us to be constructive and of course they preferred things to not be laundered in public but there was never any pressure from them in terms of our public posts.

I left the beta of my own accord because a) I disagreed and still disagree very strongly with their lack of engagement with the public side of the forum, letting trolls tar the vast majority of the sensible posters was something I didn’t like. b) honestly for all the obvious talent and enthusiasm in BA I think they have process issues that mean progress is never stable, it was always progress in one area and regression in another, so I lost faith and perhaps most importantly c) I was in the process of launching a business and my time has been very very limited.

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
bigant will only do whatever they like useless here to discuss but carry on :p

cotandbold

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I hope they improve the wicketkeeping gloves in this iteration. Currently they just look a bit slippery and fit a bit too tightly in the hand.
bairstow_gloves_2.PNG
These are horrible, they look like goalie gloves
wade_gloves.PNG
These are fairly good though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread