Cricket 19 Nintendo switch.

tobes231

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Does that include improvements to the Switch version, or is more support going to be given to the bigger consoles?
The Switch version is currently one or two versions behind PS4 and Xbox, but the patch has been submitted to Nintendo according to BA.

D

Dutch

So is the Switch an older version of the game then?
It will be the release day version which hasnt had the release day patch yet i think. the release day patch has been applied to PS4 but not yet Xbox or Switch.

robwishart

Club Cricketer
I believe this is docked. Still haven't found any direct-feed footage yet, but this is looking better than I expected!

I will publish some videos when I get home later. Difficult to show the low res textures and resolution, even in that docked video (and bear in mind the docked version is as good as it gets - undocked my feelings is that it looks a fuzzy mess, which given the PPI, it shouldn’t do).

Everybody is entitled to an opinion - at least the video highlights some of the animation issues I mentioned. Buy it and see what you think, maybe the patch will improve things. As it stands, I was hoping for at least a 720p version of the full fat game with textures to boot. It isn’t that.

Last edited:

tobes231

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I will publish some videos when I get home later. Difficult to show the low res textures and resolution, even in that docked video (and bear in mind the docked version is as good as it gets - undocked my feelings is that it looks a fuzzy mess, which given the PPI, it shouldn’t do).

Everybody is entitled to an opinion - at least the video highlights some of the animation issues I mentioned. But it and see what you think, maybe the patch will improve things. As is stands, I was hoping for at least at 720p version of the full fat game with textures to boot. It isn’t that.
Thanks Rob! Ultimately, I would be buying this for handheld mode pretty much exclusively, seeing as I'll probably end up getting it on PC when it comes out anyway; so I'm certainly concerned about potential blurriness. I think my greatest concern was that it would be a sub 20 fps nightmare, so in that sense I'm pleasantly happy (from what I've seen anyway). Hopefully the patches do clean up some of the animation and resolution issues.

CHUCKY666_UK

School Cricketer
Thing is - that’s what you expect from the switch version. I have bought it and it’s currently downloaded. I have never published any videos as I don’t know how to. I’d be more than happy to supply direct feed if someone can show me how to.

Coley116

School Cricketer
Having just tried the switch version can say that its mostly good.

Only played part of an ODI between Australia vs England but the gameplay itself is mainly good.

Cut scenes are a laggy but that doesn't bother me too much.

The only gameplay issue i've seen is the fielders do seem to struggle chasing the ball and they seem to be jittering towards it but i'm more than hopeful that this will be fixed when the patch can be downloaded.

This was all in handheld mode so i was pleasantly suprised.

Reactions: DAP

Vampes

School Cricketer
Were these taken in handheld
Having just tried the switch version can say that its mostly good.

Only played part of an ODI between Australia vs England but the gameplay itself is mainly good.

Cut scenes are a laggy but that doesn't bother me too much.

The only gameplay issue i've seen is the fielders do seem to struggle chasing the ball and they seem to be jittering towards it but i'm more than hopeful that this will be fixed when the patch can be downloaded.

This was all in handheld mode so i was pleasantly suprised.

yep, just downloaded and not as bad as I feared in handheld - LONG initial load time measured in minutes, choppy fps in cut scenes as it sweeps across stadium but actual players look ok and gameplay seems fairly smooth. Made a video but messed it up / switch was so far away I couldn't read the controls on screen lol but might have another go in a bit :-)

Vampes

School Cricketer
Were these taken in handheld

yep, just downloaded and not as bad as I feared in handheld - LONG initial load time measured in minutes, choppy fps in cut scenes as it sweeps across stadium but actual players look ok and gameplay seems fairly smooth. Made a video but messed it up / switch was so far away I couldn't read the controls on screen lol but might have another go in a bit :-)

So, uploaded a bit of rough and ready handheld footage - I edited out most of the 2 minute loading screen (!) and just show some basic batting, and a badly judged run :-). This is the pre patch version 1.0.0.0

pinku

Club Captain
Just played about 30 mins of Cricket 19 on the Switch (Handheld)

Pros:

• Graphics are pretty much on par with other consoles.
• Gameplay is fantastic
• Features on par with consoles
• Best Handheld cricket game ever already

Cons: (temporary)

• Slow cut scenes
• The slight lag in the gameplay which is not so bad considering there is no day one patch yet as @Dutch mentioned
• The fact that we can't access cricket academy to download yet (although Ross has confirmed that he will look into it)

So happy days ahead guys !

Edit: I'm obviously not the best reviewer lol (tried my best to give guys an idea of what it's about)

D

Deleted member 193590

So, uploaded a bit of rough and ready handheld footage - I edited out most of the 2 minute loading screen (!) and just show some basic batting, and a badly judged run :-). This is the pre patch version 1.0.0.0

Looks better than I expected,thanks for posting.

Vampes

School Cricketer
Looks better than I expected,thanks for posting.

The switch is an odd beast when it comes to ports like this... the lack of GPU / CPU oomph means you really do need actual in game portable footage to get a good idea of what compromises have been made (and whether they feel acceptable is a very personal thing I feel) but its such a pain to get decent Switch handheld video (particularly if you are trying to actually play it)! I'm going to start looking into ways to get a better lighting set up / angle that still allows me to see the screen to play..

Users who are viewing this thread