Cricket 2002 PC Version - Coming soon...

Ste (old)

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
EA Sports Australia have annouced on their website that Cricket 2002 will be coming to the PC soon. The game had previously only been avalible on PS2 and have recieved mixed reviews. This PC version however will hopefully be free of the bugs and inaccuracys that where in the Playstation 2 version of the game. The site list the following features of the game:
? Exclusive Player Editor allows players to change the features of current team members to your own local team.

? Flexible play allows the player to be fully involved in the selection of batsmen and bowlers and the placing of fielders. Chose manual fielding, or simply let the intelligent AI position your fielders for you.

? All the international teams and players, fully licenced!

? Astonishingly high detail in the players' faces bodies and game stadia. The equipment, such as bats, gloves and pads, also feature incredible detail.

? Commentary by the legendary Richie Benaud, Jim Maxwell and Bill Lawry.

? TV style gameplay including TV overlays and a detailed replay feature allowing the player to view the action from an infinite number of camera angles (including of course stump cam and helmet cam).

? Huge 3D stadium sound effects based on real crowd sounds from all over the world. Crowd effects change to reflect peaks and troughs in the game.

Several screenshot have been posted on the website

http://www.easportscricket.com/cricket_pc.php

The site also states that a demo will be avalible soon but does not list a release date although May 1st has been suggested by some sites. We will bring you the latest news as we get it and a Cricket 2002 Online site will be opening soon.

J

jonah

Being on PC, let's hope that the gameplay files can be edited to make the gameplay more realistic, as according to some reviews, the computer AI is what lets the game down on the PS2 version.
I know that kits and graphics can be edited on other EA games, like FIFA, so let's hope for the same can be done with cricket 2002 on PC.....
If all this is possible, will it mean the end for BLC?

B

bomber

Good call Jonah, hope we can mess around with cricket 02....

But, I still think most of us will always be doing something with blc?

J

jonah

I agree, it will take something special to dislodge BLC from my CD-Rom ;) .

Shaliesh (old)

Club Cricketer
Now that's a good news! I feel certain that EA would atleast fix known bugs for this version so it should be a better game. and Jonah there is every chance that BLC online guys will discover things to tweak in there ;)

Gunner04

Club Cricketer
Well, guys don't hold your breath waiting for EA to fix the bugs in the PC version because these were the guys who are renowned for messing up cricket games. All we can do is hope It will take something very special indeed for me to take BLC off my harddrive(s)!

I'm certain that we will be able to edit things like uniforms because I think it will be the standard EA .fsh files..

But until all the bugs have been sorted out by EA I ain't spending a cent!

U

UnderTaker

so again one more easports release. as far as the developers doesnt seem to improve its gameplay, thats better bowling and strategies compared to its preceederes, i am not going to buy that game. blc will be still in my cd-drive.

thanx
UnderTaker

Carter

School Cricketer
Goodbye SWC for me! For the cricket genre has EVOLVED!

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
I think this is one of the best things happening on the cricket gaming world. Cricket has always been ignored by most game developing companies and that's what EA used to be. But after the success of BLC and the no. of sites associated with it....... the bell has rung in the EA workshop. I thing CWC99 was really a pain in the neck but the PS2 version of Cricket 2002 is amazing...

I am waiting for the game to be released... Please keep the demo version informed...........

QuickFire

School Cricketer
Well, its a wonderful news for those who don't have a PS2.
I am looking forward to much improved cricket gaming experience from EA Sports. I also hope that we will be able to work around with the graphics, settings etc. in Cricket 2002 like we are used to in BLC.

:P :D :)

SCHUMY

Club Cricketer
yeah i would aso like to change the 3d shapes which we where not able to do in BLC.......Well it will take a peach of the great game to beat BLC ...if so BLC is not waste basket i am pretty sure about it............ :P can't wait

Edited By siskue on Mar. 27 2002 at 22:49

sachida

Club Cricketer
Thats the great news.
It must have a better game play then BLC and people like me in USA will have better option then chipping the ps2 or something like that.
Morevoer, it will be compitible with windows 2000 and XP so that will be another advantage for cricket2k2.
BLC is no doubt a good game but its just not keeping up with the present gaming.
And hopefully, you all masters of computer gaming will keep on your work to improve the cricket 2k2 also.
I m looking forward to it.
This news made my day.

Edited By sachida on Mar. 27 2002 at 19:24

Ste (old)

Club Cricketer
I would like to take this oppertunity to offer condonlances to Ben Hollioake's family and friends. He was a very good cricketer and definatly had a bright future a head of him in the one day game and maybe test matches.

The reason I mention this here is that I dont think its been mentioned before and Ben (with his brother, Adam) did the motion capture on Cricket 99 and 2000 and this was proberbly used for Cricket 2002 as well. RIP Ben.

If anyone wants to help with Cricket 2002 online, email me please.

Also BTW: BLC Online wont be updated for the next week as I will be in London and unable to do updates.

Ste

SCHUMY

Club Cricketer
The reason I mention this here is that I dont think its been mentioned before and Ben (with his brother, Adam) did the motion capture on Cricket 99 and 2000 and this was proberbly used for Cricket 2002 as well. RIP Ben.

is that true never knew about it before and r they used in Cricet 2002 too.........really feel sorry for Ben ....if i am correct he made a good knock at chennai two months before they came to INDIA.....that was his last great innings ,, at that time i thought there will be more from this guy but i was wrong --may he rest in peace.....

J

jonah

Well said Siskue and Ste.
There's a tributes board on the cricinfo website with some really touching messages.
A tragic loss.

Users who are viewing this thread