Cricket 2004 - Negative inspiration

Blewy

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I got a C+ in Computers at school does that count?? :P :P :P
But seriously ill speak to a few people i know and put them onto it... I would definatley be up for researching if this went ahead...

Scatter

Club Cricketer
Originally posted by squiz
yeh you will have to create all the kits from scratch it would take a long time :( If you do make how will other people buy it?
the point being that we put in the effort to make it good enough to publish. finding a publisher will probably be easier than coding the game...

Auwais

International Coach
I really, really wish I could help more. Game development is like communicating with a dog in English for me. But I can help with kits/adboards (that sort of thing) designing. I can get research and stuff but it will take me 9/10 years to be a full professional (well on paper) but I can start now.

Scatter

Club Cricketer
cool... a little help is better than no help at all... :D

mind you, i think in volunteering for the ad boards and kits you could be volunteering more than a little help :)

johnsma2

School Cricketer
If you guys do this, ill buy a copy even if its no good, b'coz u will work harder than anyone at ea sports :)

Salman1k

School Cricketer
First you must decide... is it a simulator or an arcade game that has rpg statistical elements.

1.) Start with a requirement document. The game must do this. Remember you will have a small team. Dont make the requirements too big intitally.

2.) Create a website to gather all programers and fans etc

3.) Start work on the design. First and foremost should be AI and the algorithm that will be used etc. Then graphics and so on. The hardest part is the AI and the algorithims

4.) Make sure the team is dedicated!!

5.) Software development is an iterative process... remember that!

Its been my dream to work on a cricket game. Infact that would be my ideal job, just to make the best cricket game, something that revolutionized cricket gaming. I have been to 4 Electronic Entertainment Expo shows... I worked as an editor for a website that went out of buisness long ago. I know people in the industry and have have met lots of producers etc. I know how to get in touch with the right people if it comes down to publishing the game. I have a 2 B.S degrees in systems engineering and engineering management. Not much of a programmer but if you need documentation in terms of a solid structure on how to proceed I can certainly help. I am in the U.S infact I start my first professional job today! Let me know if I can be of any assistance to you.

P.S - Ravi - Cricket 97 was good not great. If you could bowl a short line with a spinner (this was the trick) you could get the cpu out for under 50 runs everytime. I know how to play that game online for free on Kali :D

squiz

International Coach
before you do number 3 you have to plan out each part of the game. Planning is a must if you want your game to run fluently

Scatter

Club Cricketer
Originally posted by Salman1k
First you must decide... is it a simulator or an arcade game that has rpg statistical elements.

1.) Start with a requirement document. The game must do this. Remember you will have a small team. Dont make the requirements too big intitally.

2.) Create a website to gather all programers and fans etc

3.) Start work on the design. First and foremost should be AI and the algorithm that will be used etc. Then graphics and so on. The hardest part is the AI and the algorithims

4.) Make sure the team is dedicated!!

5.) Software development is an iterative process... remember that!
It will be an action game with stat elements.

1 - I have a multi page document for the game, detailing most aspects of the game. Obviously I am reluctant to share this with anyone at the moment. Once people have committed themselves to the project - or are even in the process of doing so - I will share it confidentailly with them.

2 - I guess you can say this forum is just the start of that process. I would be more inclined to wait until we have the people on board before making a site though. My reasons for that might not necessarily be correct, and you could be quite correct in your suggestion. It is certainly worthy of consideration.

3 - The design of the game is all in that document, and in my head... The hard part will be getting the programmers to mkae it a reality. I am probably going to be told that certain elements that I think will make the game good, will be difficult to implement at this stage, and therefore the design will evolve. This, I think, is part of the natural design process. What I have at the moment is several very good ideas, how they see life is part of the fun I guess... ;)

4 - Step right up all you dedicated cricket fans :D

Thanks for the post. And as I have said, any help offered is better than none at all. The first few steps are going to be the most difficult. Once this baby starts walking, I hope the momentum will help carry it all the way. Of course there are probably going to be some minor issues crop up here and there, but first of all, we have to start walking... :)

I have seen it happen elsewhere, and have great belief that great things start from the smallest beginnings. Getting this started WILL be the hardest part of the project...

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Come on, where are all you C++ programmers :)

squiz

International Coach
Is there any way I could be a tester for it coz i dont have any programming skills, except for a few weeks of Visual Basic which wouldnt help you much

bomber

Club Cricketer
Like to help, but have no idea about programming. Sounds like a great idea though.

I could only do research & add some great ideas. E-mail me if you want any assistance?

GOOD LUCK.

oltimer

School Cricketer
I can be a game tester hehhehheh.... In 4 months I'll have my law degree so I could help if you need any legal advice in India. Anybody pirtaoing your game and we'll bust 'im in court.

Users who are viewing this thread