Cricket 2004 Wishlist

J

j+m

If you have different bowling actions, I would suggest having about 10 actions for each type of bowler (seam, finger-spin and wrist-spin) and a section in the player editor for actions. You might name them similarly to the fields i.e classic , effort, sling, chest-on, over the top.
Also define how long, fast and angled is their run. Then put in a percentage of possible pace they bowl at (100% of possible pace for sling with long, fast run-up is faster than classic action with 100% possible pace and medium speed and length run-up.) For seam bowlers it creates a classification according to their speeds as follows:

145+ fast
135-145 fast-medium
125-135 medium-fast
115-125 medium
Under 115 slow-medium

You can also define which balls they can bowl, which one is default and how much they bowl each one (so murli bowls doosras and top-spinners but most don't

I hope you know what I mean.

Sorry to go on so long :sorry:

S

stevie

That sounds great, but that means EA and HB studios would have to put more effort into the game, and you think they would do that, don't think so!

H

hammudy

well i think that in EA/HB want their next game to sell then they better release it in a decent way with a demo etc...otherwise i think their next game just may be teir last one to sell

J

jdbais

i don't know if this is possible or maybe just too difficult but it would be awesome if EA could include all the batsmans' techniques.

As you know different batsman have different techniques.

ie. Papps leans way forward while Fleming stands tall in his crease.
Taibu has a very high backlift.
Katich and Chanderpaul make movements around the crease just as a ball is being released.
and so forth.

Also when some batsman aren't in form they shuffle and don't ,ove their feet.

It would be cool if they could include those features for at least the test players.

I

imported_Rollo

Originally posted by jdbais@May 1 2004, 05:46 AM
i don't know if this is possible or maybe just too difficult but it would be awesome if EA could include all the batsmans' techniques.

As you know different batsman have different techniques.

ie. Papps leans way forward while Fleming stands tall in his crease.
Taibu has a very high backlift.
Katich and Chanderpaul make movements around the crease just as a ball is being released.
and so forth.

Also when some batsman aren't in form they shuffle and don't ,ove their feet.

It would be cool if they could include those features for at least the test players.
I hope you wish for more than just that. ^_^

K

khana

I have just bought cricket 2004 and installed it. It was great until my computer automatically shut down and corrupted the file. I was having a blast until this happened despite the fact that i wasnt playing well. I was playing a three day match against an Australian county. Asim Kamal vs Kasprowicz. I cant go back to cricket 2002 not after playing this. Is there any way someone can send data2.cab file i need it. The game stops installing their. I cant return it because im in the states and bought it on ebay. The game was fine until my computer crashed and everything was erased someone please help.

H

hammudy

u dont need that file from us...all u need to do is get the registry entry done by that file out of ur pc....thats is delete all reg files that link with ur uninstalled c2k4 n then restart ur pc n install...it will work fine...it did this with many games

K

khana

How do i do the registry entry? The thing is the installation gets to a certain point and then stops installing. It stops at the absolute end. I know the cd itself is fine because ihave cleaned it. Get back to me.

H

hammudy

first of all tell me is u have any other EA games installed? then i ll tell u the rest...but remeber what ever tips i give you must not be used for anyother purpose...if u did then i wont be responsible for anything that happens to ur pc....well end of warning :P

i had to warn u coz u ll be editing registry values manually

K

khana

I have Euro 2004, Madden 2004, Fifa 2004, Nba live 2004. Im fine with that. U dont know how badly i want to start playing this game again.

K

kalavala

Well, can sum1 plz update me or fill me in with the new updates for this game as i havent visited these forums in many months (like 7 months lol) well anywayz hoping sum1 can fill me in on wat updates are the best out there. And add the links to those updates plz. Thank you!

K

khana

Please tell me how to delete registry files? WHat i really need is data2.cab file. It says Cyclic redundancy error. It is the last stage of installation. If someone can send me that file i can just replace it.

H

hammudy

ok this is how it works....

click start
click run
type - regedit
u ll then see the registry screen
now click on edit ( up on the bar )
click find
n type cricket
now delete all the entries u see for cricket 2004 ONLY
then type EA
and careully delete any cricket entry ONLY
i am warning u...if u delete anyother registry file it will for sure cause ur system 2 become unstable
now final step...restart ur pc n start installation again...n this time done mess up in the installation

do this n lemmi know if u need more help n also lemmi know if it worked or no...we ll try something else...coz no one will give u the file u want...atleast not online :)

K

khana

WEll i have done that. When my computer crashed i had no cricket 2004 files left on my pc. WHen i am doing the registry edit no cricket 2004 files are coming up.

Users who are viewing this thread