Quick question for anyone who knows, what is the point of 'fatigue' pre-match in Career Mode? Is it a real thing or just a placeholder, I can't see it tracked anywhere, no clue if all these sauna visits are doing anything or what.I don't write the patch notes - but give it a go - there's a number of things in career mode that have been improved.
Of note, perk and proficiency level ups now are as intended, and there have been some improvements to the accuracy of press conferences and cut scenes. There's more work ongoing.
Thanks for a few people with some detailed posts overnight, I'll work though those today.
Idea to make fielding more of an actual minigame:The point is that the catching mini game is broken in some game modes. It works perfect for me in Play Now mode but is broken in Competition Mode. The catching circle sometimes pops up too late and sometimes not at all. I agree that not every catch should be taken like in real life. I use fully assisted fielding in Competition Mode and semi assisted in other modes. Problem with fully assisted is that the fielders throws to the wrong end 9 out of 10 times when there is a run out chance.
- As present, quick time minigame to move cursor to the ball and catch it.
- Must hold the catch button (A /other button) a certain amount of time to increase probability of making catch. (just like holding button to increase power when throwing at stumps.)
- When moving cursor, can hold R2 to greatly speed up cursor - necessary for reflex catches but also makes precision hard, so there's good risk/reward.
- Window for catch depends on speed and distance of ball.
- Catch 'circle' is a moving target going in the ball's trajectory - to emulate the need to get a running start in the field - if you don't start moving cursor early, you may not catch up to it.
I don't field often so let me know if this sounds good