Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

stylo9000

School Cricketer
I don't write the patch notes - but give it a go - there's a number of things in career mode that have been improved.

Of note, perk and proficiency level ups now are as intended, and there have been some improvements to the accuracy of press conferences and cut scenes. There's more work ongoing.

--

Thanks for a few people with some detailed posts overnight, I'll work though those today.
Quick question for anyone who knows, what is the point of 'fatigue' pre-match in Career Mode? Is it a real thing or just a placeholder, I can't see it tracked anywhere, no clue if all these sauna visits are doing anything or what.
The point is that the catching mini game is broken in some game modes. It works perfect for me in Play Now mode but is broken in Competition Mode. The catching circle sometimes pops up too late and sometimes not at all. I agree that not every catch should be taken like in real life. I use fully assisted fielding in Competition Mode and semi assisted in other modes. Problem with fully assisted is that the fielders throws to the wrong end 9 out of 10 times when there is a run out chance.
Idea to make fielding more of an actual minigame:
- As present, quick time minigame to move cursor to the ball and catch it.
- Must hold the catch button (A /other button) a certain amount of time to increase probability of making catch. (just like holding button to increase power when throwing at stumps.)
- When moving cursor, can hold R2 to greatly speed up cursor - necessary for reflex catches but also makes precision hard, so there's good risk/reward.
- Window for catch depends on speed and distance of ball.
- Catch 'circle' is a moving target going in the ball's trajectory - to emulate the need to get a running start in the field - if you don't start moving cursor early, you may not catch up to it.

I don't field often so let me know if this sounds good

Zxcvbn

School Cricketer
Is it just me or the lofted cross-batted slog over mid-wicket is missing in the game?
Cross bat shot goes along the ground through midwicket and is only effective when playing advanced shot which becomes tough to time.
If anyone knows how to play that tell me please

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm pretty much done with the game. BA support (were really nice) tried a fair deal but alas the corrupt academy file issue still persists. I've lost many hours of work, most of which I never got the chance to upload. Game has left a really frustrating mark on me and I just can't be bothered anymore. Hope people enjoy the game until the next, hopefully, much better iteration. Adios.

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I'm pretty much done with the game. BA support (were really nice) tried a fair deal but alas the corrupt academy file issue still persists. I've lost many hours of work, most of which I never got the chance to upload. Game has left a really frustrating mark on me and I just can't be bothered anymore. Hope people enjoy the game until the next, hopefully, much better iteration. Adios.
I'm not far behind you, I've now patiently waited months for them to sort out career mode and the many defects and things missing from C19. After Ross tweet today I've lost all hope they care about the career mode player. Such a shame cause I like the gameplay it's just the poor career mode they have made when it could be amazing and better than other sports modes.

adibr97

Club Cricketer
I'm with you here, sadly my interest has just completely waned off over the last couple of weeks and I haven't been tempted to touch the game.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm with you here, sadly my interest has just completely waned off over the last couple of weeks and I haven't been tempted to touch the game.
I actually enjoy the game but this one issue was a like a head shot in counterstrike. I sunk a lot of hours creating faces and for that to be gone within literally a minute. I just can't anymore. I don't want to start another pile on of people shitting on the game. I've voiced my frustration and will move on.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
On PC. Tried the old verifying files, didn't work.
There's usually corrupted files or something in the local folder (Profile) or backed up ones. Like AcademyData000.SAV and AcademyData.BAK. If you look for the one with the oldest date and rename it to the real name.

This is how I did it on Cricket 19.

Although, at least in my folder now (for Cricket 22) there doesn't seem to be a BAK file.

Hester

County Cricketer
I actually enjoy the game but this one issue was a like a head shot in counterstrike. I sunk a lot of hours creating faces and for that to be gone within literally a minute. I just can't anymore. I don't want to start another pile on of people shitting on the game. I've voiced my frustration and will move on.
It sounds like a heartbreaker to me. I can understand it. Perhaps in time you'll feel better. It would be an even bigger shame to never play again seeing as you liked the game.

Edit: an unintentional rap.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I'm not far behind you, I've now patiently waited months for them to sort out career mode and the many defects and things missing from C19. After Ross tweet today I've lost all hope they care about the career mode player. Such a shame cause I like the gameplay it's just the poor career mode they have made when it could be amazing and better than other sports modes.
Yes I second that on career mode if they added the stats in that are obviously there abs we could see them after a tournament or series and see player of tournament top batter top bowler etc and maybe even a world rankings it would be massive and gives you something to aim for but after seeing that yesterday I’m not hopeful as it looks like they are concentrating on online play which for me is unplayable and feels like the game when it was first released I’m enjoying the game at the minute I still think the fielding and WK could be improved a lot (mainly reaction times)

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Yes I second that on career mode if they added the stats in that are obviously there abs we could see them after a tournament or series and see player of tournament top batter top bowler etc and maybe even a world rankings it would be massive and gives you something to aim for but after seeing that yesterday I’m not hopeful as it looks like they are concentrating on online play which for me is unplayable and feels like the game when it was first released I’m enjoying the game at the minute I still think the fielding and WK could be improved a lot (mainly reaction times)
Yeah I mean imagine playing fifa and not being able to see the final table after your last game. The footie community would go wild

Hester

County Cricketer
Yeah I mean imagine playing fifa and not being able to see the final table after your last game. The footie community would go wild
I'm 2 matches into a test competition and some of the batting averages on the main stat screen are already wrong.
There are times when this game is exasperating.

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
What the hell is this?

View attachment 266515

@wasteyouryouth You ever have this happen to you?
Happened to me once. Tried signing in but it wouldn't let me. Only way to get past that screen was to create new data. Here comes the unfortunate part: all the logos I had downloaded (bats, teams, stadium adboards etc) still remained in the database, but all the stadiums, bats, teams and playfaces were deleted and reverted back to default. The game now acts as you booting it up for the first time with the tutorial messages and choosing your preferred controls for bowling, batting etc. Quite annoying because I lost everything.

aragon

Club Cricketer
I know this issue has been highlighted before but these leg side edges are killing the batting experience. I am sure a lot of tickets must have been raised for this issue but raised one myself.

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
What the hell is this?

View attachment 266515

@wasteyouryouth You ever have this happen to you?

Sorry to hear that particular bug has slapped you in the face too :(!!

Each time it's happened I've found myself dragging my feet more & more to return to C22 until one just reaches the point you're now at of being utterly fatigued from the blowback of repeatedly pissing in to the gale force winds of C22.

Sadly I've seen that one far, far too frequently on the Xbox platform rather than PC mate :( , (both legacy & next gen). There seems to be multiple triggers & it also seems to be absolute pot luck if you just cancel the sign in, restart the game & it simply re--syncs all your data on your next sign in attempt, or if you lose all data period on the next sign in & you're then suddenly right back to square one, (AGAIN).

FIVE times since C22 release my career and/or all progression has been completely wiped due to this extremely annoying bug. (I hope that also adds some additional context as to why I've been particularly frustrated by C22 at times over the past few months when all progress has just been randomly wiped on top of everything else we've all had to deal with & even BA don't actually seem to know why this happens in some cases. They also can't recover the lost data files to essentially return us to a slightly earlier save/sync point as apparently there's no specific redundancy in place to protect against that either.)

Because of this issue & other issues getting so bad that I had to do a manual game reset/wipe mixed in there as well, I've never actually made it to international level with C22 in the career mode due to this repeating lost/corrupted data. (In contrast & for examples sake, in C19 I've taken at least 6 different careers well beyond the international level, & in some cases those careers were 15+ years long in game.)

Definite triggers...

1. Loss of internet while connected to BA/actively playing a match.

2. Swapping controllers while actively signed in to BA/C22 even if all concerned controllers are specifically assigned to an Xbox profile and/or automatically sign one in to the specific Xbox in question.

3. BA server drop/glitch.

4. It's even happened to me once after experiencing the awful Xbox Series X hardware crash bug whereupon on my immediate return after a crash my sign in data was then corrupted exactly as you've posted too, POOOOF, gone!

There may well be more triggers/causes, however, at least one of the above has been a factor every time it's happened to me.

C19 suffers none of these issues (as do none of my other titles), yet again it's an issue solely attributable to C22 & C22 alone.

All you can do is cancel the sign in process, restart the game & then just hope everything successfully syncs back up on the restart but it's another bugged process so expect that pot luck element too.

-----xxxxx-----

(I'm not piling on BTW & it is literally like a headshot when you've (repeatedly) spent hours trying to progress to suddenly lose all relevant data in this manner with absolutely zero hope of any kind of retrieval too. I'm simply adding some context for those that often find it easy to complain about certain bugs they may see that are often a bit too quick to marginalise or even dismiss bugs that others may experience as nothing.)

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Sorry to hear that particular bug has slapped you in the face too :(!!

Each time it's happened I've found myself dragging my feet more & more to return to C22 until one just reaches the point you're now at of being utterly fatigued from the blowback of repeatedly pissing in to the gale force winds of C22.

Sadly I've seen that one far, far too frequently on the Xbox platform rather than PC mate :( , (both legacy & next gen). There seems to be multiple triggers & it also seems to be absolute pot luck if you just cancel the sign in, restart the game & it simply re--syncs all your data on your next sign in attempt, or if you lose all data period on the next sign in & you're then suddenly right back to square one, (AGAIN).

FIVE times since C22 release my career and/or all progression has been completely wiped due to this extremely annoying bug. (I hope that also adds some additional context as to why I've been particularly frustrated by C22 at times over the past few months when all progress has just been randomly wiped on top of everything else we've all had to deal with & even BA don't actually seem to know why this happens in some cases. They also can't recover the lost data files to essentially return us to a slightly earlier save/sync point as apparently there's no specific redundancy in place to protect against that either.)

Because of this issue & other issues getting so bad that I had to do a manual game reset/wipe mixed in there as well, I've never actually made it to international level with C22 in the career mode due to this repeating lost/corrupted data. (In contrast & for examples sake, in C19 I've taken at least 6 different careers well beyond the international level, & in some cases those careers were 15+ years long in game.)

Definite triggers...

1. Loss of internet while connected to BA/actively playing a match.

2. Swapping controllers while actively signed in to BA/C22 even if all concerned controllers are specifically assigned to an Xbox profile and/or automatically sign one in to the specific Xbox in question.

3. BA server drop/glitch.

4. It's even happened to me once after experiencing the awful Xbox Series X hardware crash bug whereupon on my immediate return after a crash my sign in data was then corrupted exactly as you've posted too, POOOOF, gone!

There may well be more triggers/causes, however, at least one of the above has been a factor every time it's happened to me.

C19 suffers none of these issues (as do none of my other titles), yet again it's an issue solely attributable to C22 & C22 alone.

All you can do is cancel the sign in process, restart the game & then just hope everything successfully syncs back up on the restart but it's another bugged process so expect that pot luck element too.

-----xxxxx-----

(I'm not piling on BTW & it is literally like a headshot when you've (repeatedly) spent hours trying to progress to suddenly lose all relevant data in this manner with absolutely zero hope of any kind of retrieval too. I'm simply adding some context for those that often find it easy to complain about certain bugs they may see that are often a bit too quick to marginalise or even dismiss bugs that others may experience as nothing.)
Is this an Xbox/PC issue only - not PS5/4? I have not played much career TBH, but if there is a chance of this happening then I am definitely not waisting my time on career

Users who are viewing this thread