Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
This is the trick ^^^^^^^

If you have reds for input but the edge sliders are too low, they won't trigger I would imagine.

If you turn the ok and poor edge sliders up, you should find that more red and yellow inputs lead to edges.

I had one a few days ago, settled batter, passed 50, ok input on the defensive prod, caught at 1st slip off the edge. Guess I should have timed it better!
Tried your ides and it's brilliant. Several batters have been caught by the keeper or slips edging a (mistimed)defensive prod. Excellent! Thanks. The batting side of this game is improving thanks to all your hard work and research.

kiwicroat

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Tried your ides and it's brilliant. Several batters have been caught by the keeper or slips edging a (mistimed)defensive prod. Excellent! Thanks. The batting side of this game is improving thanks to all your hard work and research.
What did you turn them up too?

imported_beatle

Club Captain
Oh, and the frame rate on the PS4 is garbage.
Frame rate is poor on PS5 when the light diminishes or during night matches.This was not happening to me before the last patch.I also just always seem to have blue sky since they introduced the overcast lighting that made everything look awful.It just seems to me that everything new they introduced in making C22 is gradually being removed.So eventually they are just taking it back to where C19 was when they stopped working on it.

i.n

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Has Anybody had any boundry catches in the deep in tests since the last patch . thanks

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah that’s what I’m using atm - 65 strike rate, 45 wicket chance and 40 run rate. They are doing alright in tests but still the intent to rotate strike is missing + AI wickets scripting looks too obvious.

ODI - there is no AI intent at all, currently badly messed up where they either smash you or just defend. Singles and doubles are all far fetched. Avoid playing shorter formats.

I guess it would take the BA team time to iron out and sort the AI gameplay, till then keep testing and changing the sliders.

The absolute immediate priority should be shot improvements and AI gameplay, rest all can continue in piece meal.
It is just poor scripting really. For a company that knows so much about cricket it's actually shocking that they can't get it right after 5 games. I do however enjoy the game but a lot of the crucial parts are still missing.

Maximus

Club Captain
Definitely will be bumping up the wicket chance for the next Test, over 200 overs of bowling to the AI!

Will also look to bump of the batting difficulty too as finding it a bit easy to drive and hook everything away.

Attachments

• Scorecard.jpg
    Scorecard.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 45

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Keep the AI striker timing and run rate to 20.
Bump up the wicket chance to 70.

Then play a test match. You'll love bowling to the AI.
What is the run rate setting you are having? And do the AI post decent totals?

andrew56

Club Captain
I think fielding needs to improve with some forward dives and tapping it back, boundary catches and throwing it up in the air and catching it or throwing it to your teammate.
running Diving catches in the outfield
Fielders need to be quicker
Keeper needs to have quicker response to edges or stumpings
There should be slow pitches in the game too and there should more ones, two's and threes.
Need to bring slog sweep back and improve late cut.
Need to make slower Ball or slow deliveries actually slow pace and fast pace deliveries challenging.
Maybe hit a crack and hit the gloves or something.
Add button to duck cause I can't duck under a bouncer.

luckysoni

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
is thr any visible toggle to see if advanced or aggresive shots toogle are on or off? in arcade mode...if not ...they should add it....personal opinion...

Mr Snrub

International Coach
I think fielding needs to improve with some forward dives and tapping it back, boundary catches and throwing it up in the air and catching it or throwing it to your teammate.
running Diving catches in the outfield
Fielders need to be quicker
Keeper needs to have quicker response to edges or stumpings
There should be slow pitches in the game too and there should more ones, two's and threes.
Need to bring slog sweep back and improve late cut.
Need to make slower Ball or slow deliveries actually slow pace and fast pace deliveries challenging.
Maybe hit a crack and hit the gloves or something.
Add button to duck cause I can't duck under a bouncer.
Yes to nearly all of this for me. The fielding slide that seems to be the only way to currently stop the ball always drags legs over the boundary giving away fours, so a forward dive with tap back inevitably has to come in sooner or later (make that sooner). Also fielders fielding just inside the rope and taking a big step back (giving away four) to throw really wouldn't do that, they'd skip a stride forward and throw it in. These things cost runs which affect close outcomes in a large number of games.

Keepers and bowling end fielders are very slow to react. We've all seen the general lightning quick reactions of a lot of keepers when they receive a ball back in, in real life if a chance is on. the current wind-up of a backswing and then forward into the bails is ridiculous. Surely the developers can't think that is representative of reality? Actually @MattW - what are the controls for making the bowlers end break the bails, because I can make the wicketkeeper do it, but not the bowlers end?

As for the fielders speed, it was increased a few patches ago, but has slowed down again recently and you can visibly see a jogging style of running as fielders amble after the ball like it's going to be an inevitable boundary. I've said before, they should speed up/accelerate if anything. Replay in your mind real life fielders in a big match and those last two-three strides where they think they've got a chance of stopping a boundary. They're generally flying at the ball full sprint and it's exciting.

Another thing on fielding. Lately I've seen fielders (on semi-auto), running along the boundary line and getting caught for a few strides on the rope!!! Still running, but caught on the rope and of course missing the fielding opportunity.

Also, what's happening with the catching game in the outfield? I'm seeing AI teams, right on the boundary, tapping the ball back in and it's great! How do we do it? I thought maybe we'd be able to choose TRIANGLE (PS systems) and it'd tap it down to the ground, but no. Only the X catch option and the inevitable stepping on the rope!

Finally on catching, they could seem to make some sort've game option based on the catchers skill, where you have to time the button press for a certain range of distance from the fielder.? Or a meter that goes from red-orange-yellow-green-yellow-orange red? Anything that makes a quick game of skill. It is a skill isn't it? Currently it's press X in the middle and 100% guaranteed catch. Not that I'd like random drops either as in C'19.

I do get it. Fielding is not as exciting as batting and bowling and is lower priority. Understood, but if they can make the least interesting facet of the game better, it'll bring the overall package up significantly.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Grassy pitch in England and again the spinners take all the wicket. Nice realism in the game Big Ant. Also you added so many things to Cricket 22 that you couldn’t even fix in Cricket 19. I think the problem lies with Ross or unqualified coders. Way to make a quick buck

andrew56

Club Captain
Hopefully fielding improves and catching adds few more catching options to make the game more enjoyable.
Also slower balls and slower bouncers.
Pitches have more impact slow or uneven bounce.
Batting equipment thigh guard's or rib padding. Have a option to wear a hat or no helmet during the innings.
Outfields show be slow, fast.
Has anyone been able to play slog sweep in lastest patch

Users who are viewing this thread