Cricket 22: Stories, scorecards, screenshots, epic matches: (Share your most memorable moments | No videos)

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
SA vs Ind final test. Using slider spreadsheet created by WealyH and Rumple43. Just a joy to play even though I am struggling. Early trouble for SA from the start. Pace outswingers giving me all hell. Luckily van der Dussen and Verreyne got a good partnership going but lost Verreyne just when he reached 50. Look closely at the run rates and Big Wheel. It shows what the slider spreadsheet is doing for gameplay realism.
6B012E06-79CA-46C9-8BBE-7A9AA2090023.jpeg4DEC30B0-892D-474F-902A-967B0C15C93A.jpegFF3EFAD3-7E18-43F4-9CBF-00088B90549D.jpeg6831D7A7-43CE-47FA-8145-AC99870321FB.jpeg

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
End of day one. Rassie unbeaten on 131 and hope to get that 150.
ED2060FD-16DE-46B7-A0FF-19729C9AE7DB.jpeg

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
In all the games I've played across all iterations, I don't think I've ever had a game set up as nicely as this.

I've declared late on day 4, setting a target of 354.

Got the whole of Day 5 to try and bowl them out. The target isn't unreachable, but is unlikely. Very interested to see how the AI approaches it.

Having set this up for a pitch that would be pretty flat but turn as it goes on, and provide attritional cricket, it's pretty much hit the spot.

Cricket 22_20220120074205.jpg

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well so really interesting.

A frustrating morning session, a few chances going begging either missing the fielder, dropping short or dropped, just 1 wicket. Definitely more turn on the day 5 pitch. Not really any variable bounce.

Took a wicket first ball after lunch, sparking a mini-collapse as another wicket fell a couple of overs later, and the over after that 2 in 2 balls to the part time spin of Bill Athey, the hat trick ball dropping agonisingly wide of leg slip.

Throughout AI was definitely not trying to get the runs, but also not exactly going into it's shell. Playing reasonable, no risk cricket but taking a scoring chance if it was there.

6th wicket down was the only cheap one, a run out (only one of the game) going for a 3rd which seemed a bit bizarre in context.

So 4 wickets needed in the final session. And now the AI really did go into its shell, very few runs scored in the final session - uber defensive. I ended up with a field of 1st, 3rd and 5th slip, short leg, silly point, leg slip, short mid-wicket, short mid-off, leg gully.

Took a couple of wickets after tea but going into the last hour they had 2 wickets left and captain Miandad still at the wicket.

Super part-timer Athey finally ended Miandad's vigil (39 from 133) with 6 overs left.

Finally got the last wicket after eschewing spin and going back to Foster, a seamer's bat-pad with just 2.1 overs left in the match.

Cricket 22_20220120214534.jpg

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Decided to start a test match against Ireland, as the Poms nonetheless, using @Rumple43's England sliders.

Ireland won the toss and as you would expect on a green bowler-friendly deck, sent us into bat. It was a typical English innings with a few starts, a few single figure scores, and Joe Root carrying the team on his back. The Irish bowlers shared the wickets around, with the lone spinner Andy McBrine surprisingly being the pick of the bowlers on Day 1.

Burns went early...like usual, Malan followed suit leaving us in trouble early before Crawley & Root started a rebuild, Crawley however played one too many shots and was cleaned up trying to slog the spinner down the ground. Stokes was positive as Root slowly started to get some runs, however Stokes too failed to carry on with a start. Pope came and went with a couple of boundaries in between. Bairstow gave Root another good partner, and they managed to steer England back on track with the highest scoring partnership of the innings, once Bairstow fell though the innings turned to shambles again with Wood going for a golden next over and Robinson edging behind late in the day.

Root brought up his ton with a few overs left on day 1, and hopefully Broad & Anderson can stick around long enough on the morning of Day 2 so we can reach 280-300. A fairly even day overall.

Screenshot_20220121-135602_PS App.jpg
Screenshot_20220121-135803_PS App.jpg
Screenshot_20220121-140325_PS App.jpg

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Decided to start a test match against Ireland, as the Poms nonetheless, using @Rumple43's England sliders.

Ireland won the toss and as you would expect on a green bowler-friendly deck, sent us into bat. It was a typical English innings with a few starts, a few single figure scores, and Joe Root carrying the team on his back. The Irish bowlers shared the wickets around, with the lone spinner Andy McBrine surprisingly being the pick of the bowlers on Day 1.

Burns went early...like usual, Malan followed suit leaving us in trouble early before Crawley & Root started a rebuild, Crawley however played one too many shots and was cleaned up trying to slog the spinner down the ground. Stokes was positive as Root slowly started to get some runs, however Stokes too failed to carry on with a start. Pope came and went with a couple of boundaries in between. Bairstow gave Root another good partner, and they managed to steer England back on track with the highest scoring partnership of the innings, once Bairstow fell though the innings turned to shambles again with Wood going for a golden next over and Robinson edging behind late in the day.

Root brought up his ton with a few overs left on day 1, and hopefully Broad & Anderson can stick around long enough on the morning of Day 2 so we can reach 280-300. A fairly even day overall.

View attachment 262021
View attachment 262022
View attachment 262025
236 runs in a day, nice even contest between bat and ball, and a good wagon wheel as well.

250 will be a decent score, 300 could we'll give you a solid lead if you bowl well.

Great stuff!

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
236 runs in a day, nice even contest between bat and ball, and a good wagon wheel as well.

250 will be a decent score, 300 could we'll give you a solid lead if you bowl well.

Great stuff!
Was a very enjoyable few hours playing, and there was a nice variety of dismissals too. With Ollie Pope's dismissal I got done leaving a good length ball that ended up hitting the top of the stumps, and that's all thanks to that pitch bounce value which leads to uncertainty over whether the ball will hit the stumps or not. Your sliders definitely give the game realism :thumbs

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Was a very enjoyable few hours playing, and there was a nice variety of dismissals too. With Ollie Pope's dismissal I got done leaving a good length ball that ended up hitting the top of the stumps, and that's all thanks to that pitch bounce value which leads to uncertainty over whether the ball will hit the stumps or not. Your sliders definitely give the game realism :thumbs
Were you using the new bounce number that I posted yesterday I assume, not the number from V2?

If it was V2, no way you're hitting the stumps with anything ha

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Were you using the new bounce number that I posted yesterday I assume, not the number from V2?

If it was V2, no way you're hitting the stumps with anything ha
Yeah that's right, it was the pitch bounce value you posted yesterday which was 28 I believe.

Ram11

Club Captain
Marco Jansen Takes Five Wicket In One Over | Double Hat-trick| Cricket 22

Chevo

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Pakistan [AI] won the toss and were looking good at 1-109.. but then lost 9-25 :eek:
A proper collapse!
Cricket 22 Screenshot 2022.01.27 - 22.02.08.91.png

Users who are viewing this thread