Cricket 22: Stories, scorecards, screenshots, epic matches: (Share your most memorable moments | No videos)

Load FM

Club Captain
If England fans want a distraction from the current Ashes test, we've actually got a chance of catching Australia's first innings total in ours!

Load FM

Club Captain
I've got to say, this one is turning into a brilliant test match. In part 7, we look to make quick runs with the bat to build a slight lead then try and take early wickets off Australia!:ar:

Load FM

Club Captain
Australia are starting to frustrate us on day 3 now. We need wickets, quick!

tfish555

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Replayed the first Ashes test at the Gabba... Playing as Australia, with Batting, Bowling, Fielding, and Physics set to 'Hard' and AI set to Veteran on PC. I ended up winning by an innings and 18 runs in what I would consider a complete disappointment from a gameplay perspective.

1. Run outs - I thought these had been patched? 6 run outs in 2 innings is not acceptable. The new fielding functionality is awful - I can direct hit every single time.
2. Speaking of bad fielding functionality, the timing of releasing your throwing button and when the meter actually stops is not correlated. Can't tell if I'm doing something wrong, or if this is an actual bug.
3. AI batting - Everything is either a leave, block, or a boundry. Especially if you've held them to no runs for the first 5 balls of the over. I know this was an issue in Cricket '19, but it seems to be even more pronounced in this edition.
4. AI bowling - way too straight. The AI goes on these spells where they just refuse to bowl a good line, and don't play a field set to leg-side batting. Free runs, particularly in the lower order.

All in all, really disappointed in the gameplay of Cricket 22.... the difficult thing for me is, I can't tell if I'm doing something wrong from a gameplay perspective, or if the game just simply isn't as polished as I originally thought (and trust me, I knew it had plenty of bugs at launch).

I can't quite remember how the AI was at the Cricket 19 launch... my question is, do we even think BA can rectify some of these issues? Do I need to make significant modifications to sliders? Have they acknowledged the AI issues somewhere that I haven't seen? And are others feeling the same way?

Tough when you've spent money on this to feel like what you've bought is worse than what you already have.

Below are just the scorecards from the England innings.

1640565805363.jpeg

1640565850881.jpeg

Load FM

Club Captain
This session has infuriated me. It's taken a lot of my faith in post-update Cricket 22 away. Career mode seems to be fine, but these Australia Ashes AI bowling lines and fields are ludicrous!

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Finally bit the bullet and started making teams from my favourite area 2008-2011 ish

Started with a two match test series in India, mainly because India has the most play faces available so I was able to do a bit of recycling

Interested to see how the likes of the little master and the wall go on day 2…

06596006-B128-41AE-B46C-3DA2B16FF008.png

Tfiwssirhc

#bemore
ENG....
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
Replayed the first Ashes test at the Gabba... Playing as Australia, with Batting, Bowling, Fielding, and Physics set to 'Hard' and AI set to Veteran on PC. I ended up winning by an innings and 18 runs in what I would consider a complete disappointment from a gameplay perspective.

1. Run outs - I thought these had been patched? 6 run outs in 2 innings is not acceptable. The new fielding functionality is awful - I can direct hit every single time.
2. Speaking of bad fielding functionality, the timing of releasing your throwing button and when the meter actually stops is not correlated. Can't tell if I'm doing something wrong, or if this is an actual bug.
3. AI batting - Everything is either a leave, block, or a boundry. Especially if you've held them to no runs for the first 5 balls of the over. I know this was an issue in Cricket '19, but it seems to be even more pronounced in this edition.
4. AI bowling - way too straight. The AI goes on these spells where they just refuse to bowl a good line, and don't play a field set to leg-side batting. Free runs, particularly in the lower order.

All in all, really disappointed in the gameplay of Cricket 22.... the difficult thing for me is, I can't tell if I'm doing something wrong from a gameplay perspective, or if the game just simply isn't as polished as I originally thought (and trust me, I knew it had plenty of bugs at launch).

I can't quite remember how the AI was at the Cricket 19 launch... my question is, do we even think BA can rectify some of these issues? Do I need to make significant modifications to sliders? Have they acknowledged the AI issues somewhere that I haven't seen? And are others feeling the same way?

Tough when you've spent money on this to feel like what you've bought is worse than what you already have.

Below are just the scorecards from the England innings.

View attachment 260196

View attachment 260197
There's a really good game in there,you just have to tweak it.For instance if you want to stop run outs and last ball boundaries,lower the run rate to about 14,this not only keeps the AI at around 3 an over,but also stops last ball boundaries and seems to also stop them from taking risky runs.
If you're finding bowling too easy,lower the wicket chance,and raising bowl quality to 100,should see the AI bowl better.

tfish555

Club Cricketer
There's a really good game in there,you just have to tweak it.For instance if you want to stop run outs and last ball boundaries,lower the run rate to about 14,this not only keeps the AI at around 3 an over,but also stops last ball boundaries and seems to also stop them from taking risky runs.
If you're finding bowling too easy,lower the wicket chance,and raising bowl quality to 100,should see the AI bowl better.

Should I only be tweaking these down for red ball cricket? I’ve seen some of the other threads on sliders and they appear to be somewhat complex (different sliders depending on pitch country and conditions, tweaking every possible slider, etc.) and only for red ball matches.

I’d like to go down this route at some point, my fear is that with all of the patches BA will release over the next few months that I’ll have to constantly go back and change the settings each time they make an improvement to the game. You’d think with all the complaints on AI out there Big Ant would just change the default to the slider values the community is using.

Tfiwssirhc

#bemore
ENG....
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
Should I only be tweaking these down for red ball cricket? I’ve seen some of the other threads on sliders and they appear to be somewhat complex (different sliders depending on pitch country and conditions, tweaking every possible slider, etc.) and only for red ball matches.

I’d like to go down this route at some point, my fear is that with all of the patches BA will release over the next few months that I’ll have to constantly go back and change the settings each time they make an improvement to the game. You’d think with all the complaints on AI out there Big Ant would just change the default to the slider values the community is using.
I think t20 and 50 over work pretty well with the default sliders,I set up some test match sliders on day 1 when I got the game,and numerous patches later,they still work the same.

tfish555

Club Cricketer
I think t20 and 50 over work pretty well with the default sliders,I set up some test match sliders on day 1 when I got the game,and numerous patches later,they still work the same.
Could you share those with me?

Tfiwssirhc

#bemore
ENG....
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
Could you share those with me?
I've got striker timing at 41
Wicket chance at 25 turned up to 80 when the tail come in
Bowl quality at 83
Run rate at 13
Pitch and ball bounce at 30 and I think it's fast bowling speed at 70