Cricket 24 - General Discussion

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Might wanna add this to the OP @asprin with how often it'll be asked in the coming days.
Nobody reads the OP :p, so I'm sure it will be asked again and again.

then add this too.
I would have preferred to wait for more news. We still don't know what the "Indian connection" is at the moment.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Nobody reads the OP :p, so I'm sure it will be asked again and again.

I would have preferred to wait for more news. We still don't know what the "Indian connection" is at the moment.

Ross has indirectly confirmed their presence in the game in the other thread. I'd still wait for more solid statements though.

issue

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I hope they bring back the scenario mode and keep play as a player in competitions.
Announce in your channel about arrival of cricket 24 and licensing of Indian players

Reactions: DAP

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Got interested. Read "Pro Teams" mode. Wasn't interested any more. For me, Cricket 22 with refinement could be great. Adding new modes to also perfect and diverting resource away from those key refinements is only going to hurt the end product. Just look at the career mode from 22.

I mean, I get it, Pro Team modes make cash. Microtransactions. Who's gonna turn that down in this day and age? It's an established, accepted model that consumers are fine with. Just for context:

In the fiscal year 2022 (March 2021 to April 2022), gaming publisher Electronic Arts generated approximately 3.91 billion U.S. dollars in revenues from extra content sales with almost half of it being associated with the company's sports games Ultimate Team mode as well as extra content for the Apex Legends franchise.
The only thing that will get me to bite on this new game isn't game modes or new licences for teams, players, stadiums etc, it's the pitch. The pitch is the single most important aspect in cricket, longer formats anyway. It's why teams can play each other five times in a row and get five different outcomes. It's why home advantage is so strong, and why teams winning series away from home is so impressive. Each part of the world has recognised characteristics, and a look and feel, that makes it special and unique, and their teams and players feel special and unique. If Big Ant can finally capture that, I'll probably be unable to resist.

Guess we'll find out. Good luck to 'em, tho.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Got interested. Read "Pro Teams" mode. Wasn't interested any more. For me, Cricket 22 with refinement could be great. Adding new modes to also perfect and diverting resource away from those key refinements is only going to hurt the end product. Just look at the career mode from 22.

I mean, I get it, Pro Team modes make cash. Microtransactions. Who's gonna turn that down in this day and age? It's an established, accepted model that consumers are fine with. Just for context:

The only thing that will get me to bite on this new game isn't game modes or new licences for teams, players, stadiums etc, it's the pitch. The pitch is the single most important aspect in cricket, longer formats anyway. It's why teams can play each other five times in a row and get five different outcomes. It's why home advantage is so strong, and why teams winning series away from home is so impressive. Each part of the world has recognised characteristics, and a look and feel, that makes it special and unique, and their teams and players feel special and unique. If Big Ant can finally capture that, I'll probably be unable to resist.

Guess we'll find out. Good luck to 'em, tho.

It also worries me sometimes when the marketing flaunts " new cut scenes" it made me nervous last year when the biggest selling point was accessibility.

Gameplay is so huge to cricket. Cut scenes get dull after an hour.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
It also worries me sometimes when the marketing flaunts " new cut scenes" it made me nervous last year when the biggest selling point was accessibility.

Gameplay is so huge to cricket. Cut scenes get dull after an hour.
I don't think I ever played anything other than quick matches on Cricket 22. Didn't need different game modes (though admittedly it seems career was janky anyway). I just wanted good cricket. Good cricket with some context to why I was playing. Series, stats, depth. That's it.

joeb86

Club Captain
As a south Londoner, I really hope the Oval is updated to include the new Galadari stand

With how good the academy creations are for teams, Im ok with teams not being licences but the Big Ant stadiums are generally fantastic

Users who are viewing this thread