Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Nard2020

Club Captain
Clearly BA aren’t at the level that EA or 2K are at in terms of graphics and gameplay but even those games get a pasting from the users. I think part of the problem these days is as the graphics have improved people expect way to much from a video game.

A game is meant to be fun and enjoyable it will never be a fully realistic simulation. I’d forgo pitch condition any day of the week for something I can enjoy playing.

There’s flaws with BA games every single one of them for everything good thing has had a bad thing but every cricket game I’ve ever played has had that. My favourite game was Shane Warne/ Brian Lara cricket on PC in the 90s. It had real teams and real players and was fun but when you look back at it it was very limited in the shot range , type of deliveries and obviously averages and skills meant nothing.

If you’re sitting here waiting for a cricket game that’s going to give you realistic 5 day test pitches or precise dismissals then you’re going to be waiting forever. Unless you get someone with a budget like 2K to get the graphics and gameplay to anything like what NBA resembles.

Just be thankful we even get a semi decent cricket game to play that has options to customise rosters and players etc. I’m in no way a fan of how BA communicate and I am one of those Xbox users that get stuck when it comes to BA games with the patch delays etc but in the end I just think hey at least I can play cricket on the Xbox. I don’t view Cricket in the same light I do as NBA 2K or GTA for example so my expectations aren’t as high to start with.
You have to keep a few things in mind.

1- Nacon has, publicly, stated that they see themselves as the next AAA studio.
2- Big Ant has stated, publicly, that they are becoming the new big player in the sports market, next to EA Sports.
3- Nacon has stated they they feel they will become a sports powerhouse in the market.
4- You have Ross going around Twitter boasting how they have over 100 staff working on Rugby, Tiebreak and Cricket.

With all of that in mind, plus the AAA price tag, why should we NOT expect solid, finished, titles? If they themselves speak it so, they price it so….?

Last edited:

smurfygray86

Associate Captain

2- Big Ant has stated, publicly, that they are becoming the new big player in the sports market, next to EA Sports.
3- Nacon has stated they they feel they will become a sports powerhouse in the market.
4- You have Ross going around Twitter boasting how they have over 100 staff working on Rugby, Tiebreak and Cricket.

With all of that in mind, plus the AAA price tag, why should we NOT expect solid, finished, titles? If they themselves speak it so, they price it so….?
IMG_2409.jpeg
Also Ross

Wealey

ICC Board Member
3 stupid AI run outs, that has been made worse across the course of the patches, it was fine at launch.
1 keeper running in front of stumps to nonchalantly take a bat pad that would have been a sharp catch for silly point.

It cannot be hard to stop the keeper crossing the line of the stumps when the ball is “in play”

Haha Ross must have a couple millions stashed away to give 0 tweaks.

threetoed

School Cricketer

Did Nacon say that?

On their website they say:

We have also developed our reputation by positioning ourselves in the “AA” segment of the gaming market which comprises, based on our segmentation, games selling 0.2-3.0 million copies and with budgets of €1-20 million1. This niche market, which we regard as a less competitive environment, is growing rapidly and attracting a larger community of gamers every year.

With this IPO, NACON wants to finance its rapid growth and eventually become a world leader in AA games.

Ram11

Club Captain
Hello guys is it possible in this game ?
When I batted, five fielders were standing in the outfield, but my bowling time was only three.

Ps note -Online Mode T5

Wealey

ICC Board Member
why their is no such detail in pitch just like DBC 14 ??

View attachment 285650View attachment 285651

Feel like with Don Bradman there was a real love for detail and attention due to the prestigious name attached to it. It was a special cricket game.

What came after I feel was more a churning out of titles with less emphasis on the finer details but more on gimmicks to appeal to the masses.

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Feel like with Don Bradman there was a real love for detail and attention due to the prestigious name attached to it. It was a special cricket game.

What came after I feel was more a churning out of titles with less emphasis on the finer details but more on gimmicks to appeal to the masses.
i raised the ticket they do something about it .. what i feel like they have changed the team .. cuz after that they couldnt make the game like DBC 14

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England

All I see here are plain delusions of grandeur.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
So sad to see how the game looks now compared to then. But unfortunately many players won’t care about small details as long as you can smash sixes into the stands with fireworks going off.
One of my favourite things in DBC14 were the animations for lofted shots, seeing players giving it a huge heave for six felt so damn good

Users who are viewing this thread