Cricket 24 - General Discussion

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Another minor point, and sadly far down the wish list behind the actual game play working as it should, but I hope the stadium editor takes steps forward this year.

I'd love to be able to head out and play at this little beauty. If someone with the requisite skills can create it for me, that is ;)

View attachment 283075
View attachment 283076
Can't really adjust the shape of grounds on Cricket 22, otherwise that'd be a fairly easy one I think.

Karachi

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
So, its 5th Sep, exactly one month to release, but no reveals. :thinking:

Harigoks

County Cricketer
I would possibly think that the game will be delayed much further. I mean we have Cricket 22 demo... It was something to keep us hooked up until the initial release (which was super not so impressive) but there was something or the other that kept coming out.

I mean, what is the point of not showing anything or even a small sight of the game or the gameplay or even a couple of pictures, this for me seems to be disappointing. Or maybe they don't want to show us anything since the game might come out with no new features and bla bla...just like BA mentioned Pro team in AFL23 and much more.

Let's hope but it's just month away and they keep up their words of having the game released on 5th of October. I would like to give it a week or two to purchase the game. 100s of patches and then when it might feel like playable......

The game seems to be costed on a higher side as well. Ugh!

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
what i want bigant to do to remove this perks and skils . its should be default cuz for this its spoils online gameplay ! just make it simple play games win it and earn money and then buy players or skils with it !

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
giphy.gif

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
rugby24 already delayed maybe bigant are lazy now

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Don't think there will be a demo for C24. I'm pretty sure the batting and bowling mechanics will be the same as C22, only change is fielding. I only expect a trailer in the next two weeks if release date is not delayed again.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Having fun with Cricket 19 again. Started the Ashes 2005 series which will keep me busy for the rest of the month.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
rugby24 already delayed maybe bigant are lazy now

It's been fascinating lurking in this thread over the last few months and seeing comments like this. It's a staggering comment when you look at the amount of games they've been involved with over the last few years. That's not to say they're free from criticism - far from it. I have plenty of issues with the state of some things in Cricket 19 and then how Cricket 22 was left, but to call them lazy is just fairly lazy in itself. It's a cheap shot that serves zero purpose. Like most game developers, they developed through the covid lockdowns (of which the Australian lockdowns were among the most brutal), which undoubtedly had a huge impact. An impact that could still be being felt today. Who knows the projects that got put on hold through necessity or canned entirely because of covid.

They are currently on for FOUR game releases in potentially EIGHT months if they somehow hold to the current schedule. I would argue that is the very opposite of laziness. Ill-advised, stretched thin and setting themselves up for trouble? Perhaps. But even then, we don't know what the deadlines are from Nacon or from the various entities they hold licences with. Game development is so much more complex than you seem to be able to imagine. Absolutely criticise bugs in games, design decisions or whatever. But sitting there and calling them lazy is so far from what the truth likely is.

Do you think they wanted to delay the game? The very future of a developer like Big Ant hinges on being able to get a product out there and make money for goodness sake.

Last edited:

The_Pharoah

International Coach
They are currently on for FOUR game releases in potentially EIGHT months if they somehow hold to the current schedule.

Yeah this. It is POOR form for there to be nothing 1 month out from release. Have these guys not learned anything? You need to build up interest in the game prior to release esp through YouTubers (which seem to be the way to go nowadays). I REALLY WANT this game to do well..I absolutely love cricket and BA has the best cricket game going around, and was really disappointed I couldn't play whilst the Ashes was on. I was really excited about Cricket 24 until I read the whole 'we want to bring in Ultimate Team' and went 'oh no....they're trying to do a FIFA'. I now have flashbacks of the original Ashes Cricket game that was released which was atrocious! lol

Users who are viewing this thread