Cricket 24 - General Discussion

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I thought the trailer or Dev diary looked pretty good.

Only bug bear is that the half empty stadia seems to be still there - I found that quite unimmersive (I suppose it’s true for Big Bash but not most other t20 competition ;))
I absolutely echo this. I liked it.

joeb86

Club Captain
Weird people complaining it looks the same as cricket 22 when a) it’s a cricket game, what did you expect, b) you all played hundreds of hours on it so it can’t be that bad, and c) we’ve not seen the improved fielding etc yet

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
We are not the market mate. We are not the market. The passionate interaction with the cricket gaming community is long dead. Once we became overtly critical we weren't "a nice place to be".

You would be surprised. FM 23 had their biggest sales ever and the devs were still willing to acknowledge that they dropped the ball on it after a strong backlash towards it from the core community and made a pledge to be more transparent and revamp their marketing strategy for the future which has also been proven by their work so far on FM 24.

I don’t really think you can get by in the long run without a core fanbase, especially if you aren’t big enough. As you’ve already mentioned, the reason why Cricket Captain keeps chugging on every year with the same product released every year with a different title is because there’s still a core fanbase willing to support it who are happy enough with it. Sure, you can get by in the short term with a few mediocre releases but there’ll be an inflection point after which you’ll have alienated a large part of the core fanbase and you’ll not get in enough of new members to keep the series alive. Seen it happen far too often in the gaming industry.

caprikaps

Club Captain
After what I saw today, I won't be making a purchase. I'll wait for gameplay reviews. It's evident the developers hastily put together this teaser due to immense pressure from the audience, who've seen no content since the announcement seven months ago.

My understanding is that the last game BA heavily invested in was Cricket 19, but that was pre-Nacon acquisition. Acquisitions require positive reviews and high sales, which have already occurred, making it unlikely they'll go the extra mile to create a truly exceptional game. Clearly, they need to revamp the game engine from scratch, a costly and time-consuming endeavor, likely disapproved by Nacon due to negative operating margins.

The only way to compel BA to invest more in future games is by refraining from buying this one (if it's more of the same) and letting sales decline, pushing Nacon to reconsider their strategy.

As a cricket lover, I'm disappointed; today's video suggests we won't get anything better than a licensed game with fundamental issues that won't resolve overnight without a new gameplay engine. Good luck

Bevab

Staff Member
Weird people complaining it looks the same as cricket 22 when a) it’s a cricket game, what did you expect, b) you all played hundreds of hours on it so it can’t be that bad, and c) we’ve not seen the improved fielding etc yet

Don’t think it’s unfair to expect two of Australia’s current test openers to open the way they do in real life in your first promotional video for the game.

If you’re actually serious about the question, Wealey posted a list of things he expected, @wasteyouryouth always has a handy list of suggestions to improve the game and so does @Rumple43 .

I’ve played Frostpunk for less than twenty hours and consider it one of my favourite gaming experiences, pretty sure someone could come up with a similar story for The Outer Wilds. Equally, I’ve played Age of Empires for over a thousand hours over the years and the game’s current state is a travesty. Equating number of hours played to a game’s current status is a silly exercise, I get that it becomes tedious to see the umpteenth Steam review call a game boring and not fun whilst having 150 hours in the game but it is possible to have a lot of time spent in a game and still not enjoy the experience overall due to many reasons, some of which have already been expressed by multiple users in well reasoned posts across previous titles from the same developers.

We were promised the same in the last game as already pointed out and there was nothing of that sort there. Maybe it’ll be there in some form but I’d imagine that would be something you’d talk about in a dev diary rather than how excited they are about having a different sticker on the bats in this game.

If you did like the dev diary and found it to be positive… good for you. Many others don’t share the same view and I myself think calling this a dev diary does a disservice to the whole thing.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
We are not the market mate. We are not the market. The passionate interaction with the cricket gaming community is long dead. Once we became overtly critical we weren't "a nice place to be".
I've seen posts using devs here as punching bags in posts (deleted now of course). Here's one example, I removed most of it as I don't want people searching for this user and harassing them. There is a place for discourse etc, but not for flat out verbal abuse. That's all I'll say on the matter.

post.jpg

Harigoks

County Cricketer
Have I seen any difference between the video that Big Ant released today to the C22 game? Yes a few. Those are

1. There is a thigh pad that has an impression like thingy when you have a big phone inside your pant pocket, which is not bad
2. Game looks a bit polished and even the kits are being licensed, again, a good thing for a sports game.
3. UI looks good, again, could've just patched it to the current game.

But it felt like seeing an amazingly edited version of C22. We need a gameplay video, not screenshots and teasers. Fielding for one, I think might still be the same. I really want to hold on myself from getting this on day 1. If there is a glimpse of the game by anyone who has got the game already and if it's super ditto to the previous one, I'll wait until C24 given as PS+ monthly game or even someone is willing to gift it for my anniversary (which is unlikely).

It's too depressing to see that the community has asked for so many changes in the new game and all they dwelled into was licensing. SMH!

Bevab

Staff Member
I've seen posts using devs here as punching bags in posts (deleted now of course). Here's one example, I removed most of it as I don't want people searching for this user and harassing them. There is a place for discourse etc, but not for flat out verbal abuse. That's all I'll say on the matter.

View attachment 284238

There will always be this type of person though. Pretty much all of such types get condoned by the majority too. Using them as the example of “see this is why we think you all are uncivilised and we don’t think it’s worth our time to have a community relationship” is just shooting yourself in the foot as a dev.

To be clear I’m against verbal abuse or grief of this kind too but I’ve also seen this example be brought up too many times and given as a reason.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
One thing I don't want to see is an official gameplay video, the reason being we never know the difficulty they play with and with higher different the shots are more refined and have better control.. All we get to see from these official ones are lofted fest which appeals the kids who are going to bug their parents for a new console and a copy of the game.. It's not going to be aimed at the hardcore fans like us who prefer the game being played the way it should be respecting the format as well..
So, I would rather watch a newbie who got hands on the game and is streaming for us to check the game out than wait for such things which always disappoint us..

Users who are viewing this thread