Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Man, this is tough. I'm trying not to be a total cynic, but it's proving difficult to say the least.

After two days of "reveals", I feel a bit like I'm buying a house, and the estate agent has put up all those glitzy photos that make the place look great.....but they're not showing you the whole house.

"Look at this beautiful living room! No, no... don't open that door though....thanks."

Screenshots. Of players who remarkably have a fairly similar build and body type to each other, in most cases. The same build and body type as the character models in 2022, funnily enough. Where's Paul Stirling? Where's Rahkeem Cornwall? Look at this! But also, don't look over there, ta.

There's also a distinct lack of anyone with facial hair, and yeah, Knight's hair colour is very odd.

But still, look at the nice bat slide picture! That's a nice one.

But also, don't open that "other door" and see stuff like this, which was in Cricket 22:

But still, I think I stand by the fact that it's better something is out there than not, and folk can at least make an informed decision.

hj576

Club Cricketer
I get the anger and frustration, it's some what justified, but I really think people were expecting waaay to much.
Big ant isn't the biggest studio, and the screenshot honestly look good. I don't expect things to be too drastically different from cricket 22, and if they can improve the fielding, crowd and atmosphere and given the new licenses, it will be a good game.

Cricket 22 already is a good game and some fixes can make 24 a great game.

I do have a soft spot for big ant, purely because I absolutely fell in love with dbc 14, and considering no one else makes cricket games, I guess I am forgiving.

Akshyansh

Akshyansh
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm amazed that the street date isn't broken yet.

Users who are viewing this thread