Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Played career 3 match what i did not liked .. fieldrs sometimw do not perform also az a bowler when u bowl and fildr throw to u ur career player do not field it .
Post automatically merged:

In t20 match last over of the inng only 4 wickts down and They do not hiting sixes

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Played career 3 match what i did not liked .. fieldrs sometimw do not perform also az a bowler when u bowl and fildr throw to u ur career player do not field it .

In t20 match last over of the inng only 4 wickts down and They do not hiting sixes
Friend I presume English is not your main language but you are going to have to do a lot better with your posts. This is both unreadable and not conform forum rules. Before you go off on a tangent thinking I am bullying you or something I am not. This is just poor quality and a poor effort.

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
Don't blame bug ant if you are foolish enough to buy the game when they clearly mentioned there was no gameplay improvements .There selling point was licenses and they knew being only cricket game in the market fans would take a chance on them and console themself through placebo effect that this feels better .

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
So, I’ve bowled 10 overs in an Ashes Match as England on a soft pitch, and 6 overs in a play now test match as West Indies on a hard pitch. Not a lot to go on, but here are some observations.

I’ll also caveat by saying I didn’t play c22 anywhere near as much as I did c19, and haven’t played it recently so I’m not gonna be the best judge of “newness”. OP spinners are my only gripe with c22 - otherwise I think it’s great.

This is ps5 play, on todays build.

Pros -
fielding is definitely smoother. I’m not saying it justifies the “complete rewrite / overhaul” claim, buts it’s better. Aside of course from the bowler fielding defensives on to the pitch or just off.
Noticeable difference in carry between the soft and hard pitches. I’d say only the only exception to this was the spongy action of Roach was too low for a fast bowler on a hard pitch.
If you select the day 2 pitch on the pitch age in set up, there’s noticeable wear. Whether that would appear and stay during a play through from day 1 age, who knows. Also can’t tell yet if it would affect gameplay, of course.

Cons
No sign of cloud or variation in the sky. Manchester spring looked like a London summer. We can’t select cloudy weather. Can’t select rain beyond “none”, “reduced” or “default” which is none anyway.
Pitches are so poor and boring graphically. No change there.
MattWs audio improvements are in the game just as much as Ross’s trailed legacy mode in DBC14, or scenario mode after a couple of patches in c19 - not there.
Commentary is a joke. “Got it full, lucky not to concede a boundary” in first over of a test. Get in the bin.

Will play more later and possibly stream some.
Hey Dave. I hope you give feedback on AI. Is it any fun as a single player experience?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Hey Dave. I hope you give feedback on AI. Is it any fun as a single player experience?
Honestly so far, sound is far and away the biggest problem for me. The gameplay is decent. But because the sound is so bad even the good stuff seems very flat and anything not quite right you’re in an immediate rage!!

And yeah I’m just playing single player test match so far

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Ok so here goes...

Firstly ill start off by saying I actually really liked what 22 turned into and had a lot of fun playing it. Sure, I had to tweak some sliders to create the perfect outcomes but I enjoyed it never the less and thats what the sliders are for.

Firstly this is 22.5 but thats not a bad thing. The gameplay is solid. The AI batting in tests in particular is solid and goes at a rate that you would expect and seems to vary depending on the size of the ground. Play at melbourne and your have run 4's and 3's play at Lords and seems to be more boundaries.

There is currently an issue with them all batting with the same style which I know is being fixed, but there is a bigger issue with a particular shot or maybe all the shots in general. They seem to trigger very late and certain animations dont get a chance to complete:

Cricket 24 Screenshot 2023.10.06 - 18.49.48.16.png
Cricket 24 Screenshot 2023.10.06 - 18.53.44.78.png

As you can see the ball has hit the batsmen before the bat has even come down. The first one on the arm was actually given out LBW then over turned!

The AI wont just smash it aerial and will vary their shots and nick singles when they can. THIS IS JUST HOW 22 PLAYED so its nothing new but it would of been foolish to scrap it.

One new animation was this:

Cricket 24 Screenshot 2023.10.06 - 18.18.33.78.png

Usman was off and running while still playing the shot. Didnt look bad in fairness.

Bowling is the same, bit moe swing early on in England then died down, but way more seam moveemnt on a grassy deck. Again all great.

I do think the graphics to an extent look a bit better, certainly the grass, on the flip side the stadiums may look worse? Not sure.

AUDIO!!!!

Something is very odd with the audio and heres a few weird things i noticed

• Ball on bat is louder in Broadcast 3 cam to Broadcast 2
  • The Ball on Bat sound in general is horrible
  • Ball onto stumps is HORRIFIC - Like god awful
  • WEIRD ONE - Put my headset on and inbetween balls during the cut scene I heard " come on lads back the bowler, back the bowler" thought it was quite cool, but never heard it again and had to turn the hearing aid up to max to hear it and turn the commentators off.
  • If you bowl a no ball the crowd go - OHHHHHHHH like a gasp. This would make WAY more sence if that was to a play and miss. For a play and miss they do naff all.
  • When a fielder slides on the boundary the crowd cheers reasonably enthusiastically they also do the same cheer when the ball goes over the boundary. But they never cheer when a batsmen nail a shot and its on the WAY to the boundary. I heard this once and it was decent then never heard it again.
  • Its almost like its all just jumbled up and not triggering at the right times.
  • There has been an attempt at some atmosphere as someone has been given a horn and they keep pissing the members off at Lords.
FIELDING

It is better - simple as that its better. But its simply a fix to the crap that was last years fielding.

Weird things still happen -

Cricket 24 Screenshot 2023.10.06 - 18.53.04.29.png
Dived and stopped the ball with the back of his palm. Effective but unorthadox.

The keepers need to stop diving about, just stay on your feet and catch the ball, even when fielders are throwing it back in they are diving all around the gaff.

Fielders also take this weird 2 step shuffle to the side before engaging in a chase for the ball.

One postive is that the fielders dont keep always smashing the stumps down when the user is bowling.

When your batting singles are still far too easy which is annoying and I still dont think id ever be bowled or done LBW.

This could be SUCH a good game . Really could but then 22 could of been incredible with a few tweaks. We just havent had any substantial in this game to take it forward.

If it gets some love and feedback is listened to it could be VERY good. Theres just silly things that were a problem in 22 that still exisit and I feel like a lot fo stuff has been ignored. I like the black theme for example but it doesnt match the HUD which just doesnt make any sense.

Only my initial thoughts.

@MattW

Last edited:

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Honestly so far, sound is far and away the biggest problem for me. The gameplay is decent. But because the sound is so bad even the good stuff seems very flat and anything not quite right you’re in an immediate rage!!

And yeah I’m just playing single player test match so far
Anything noticeable in terms of pitch and ball behaviour improvements?

Jake Azazel

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I'm also planning to see if they make it worth the purchase in upcoming months. Only then I'm gonna put my money in it. I have invested on them continuously since DBC14. I guess they have taken us for granted. So, yeah. BA needs to do better this time.
Agree, there's enough videos coming from content creators and I have played 19 and 22 enough to look for specific bits of the game that I want rectified in their videos. I'll only buy if I see those fixed.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Ok so here goes...

Firstly ill start off by saying I actually really liked what 22 turned into and had a lot of fun playing it. Sure, I had to tweak some sliders to create the perfect outcomes but I enjoyed it never the less and thats what the sliders are for.

Firstly this is 22.5 but thats not a bad thing. The gameplay is solid. The AI batting in tests in particular is solid and goes at a rate that you would expect and seems to vary depending on the size of the ground. Play at melbourne and your have run 4's and 3's play at Lords and seems to be more boundaries.

There is currently an issue with them all batting with the same style which I know is being fixed, but there is a bigger issue with a particular shot or maybe all the shots in general. They seem to trigger very late and certain animations dont get a chance to complete:

View attachment 284660
View attachment 284661

As you can see the ball has hit the batsmen before the bat has even come down. The first one on the arm was actually given out LBW then over turned!

The AI wont just smash it aerial and will vary their shots and nick singles when they can. THIS IS JUST HOW 22 PLAYED so its nothing new but it would of been foolish to scrap it.

View attachment 284663

Usman was off and running while still playing the shot. Didnt look bad in fairness.

Bowling is the same, bit moe swing early on in England then died down, but way more seam moveemnt on a grassy deck. Again all great.

I do think the graphics to an extent look a bit better, certainly the grass, on the flip side the stadiums may look worse? Not sure.

AUDIO!!!!

• WEIRD ONE - Put my headset on and inbetween balls during the cut scene I heard " come on lads back the bowler, back the bowler" thought it was quite cool, but never heard it again and had to turn the hearing aid up to max to hear it and turn the commentators off.
  • If you bowl a no ball the crowd go - OHHHHHHHH like a gasp. This would make WAY more sence if that was to a play and miss. For a play and miss they do naff all.
  • When a fielder slides on the boundary the crowd cheers reasonably enthusiastically they also do the same cheer when the ball goes over the boundary. But they never cheer when a batsmen nail a shot and its on the WAY to the boundary. I heard this once and it was decent then never heard it again.
  • Its almost like its all just jumbled up and not triggering at the right times.
  • There has been an attempt at some atmosphere as someone has been given a horn and they keep pissing the members off at Lords.
FIELDING

It is better - simple as that its better. But its simply a fix to the crap that was last years fielding.

View attachment 284665

The keepers need to stop diving about, just stay on your feet and catch the ball, even when fielders are throwing it back in they are diving all around the gaff.

Fielders also take this weird 2 step shuffle to the side before engaging in a chase for the ball.

One postive is that the fielders dont keep always smashing the stumps down when the user is bowling.

When your batting singles are still far too easy which is annoying and I still dont think id ever be bowled or done LBW.

This could be SUCH a good game . Really could but then 22 could of been incredible with a few tweaks. We just havent had any substantial in this game to take it forward.

If it gets some love and feedback is listened to it could be VERY good. Theres just silly things that were a problem in 22 that still exisit and I feel like a lot fo stuff has been ignored. I like the black theme for example but it doesnt match the HUD which just doesnt make any sense.

Good review and made me a bit more positive which I have to be as my refund was rejected ha ha

They changed a hell of a lot 2 year ago with patching hopefully this time they LISTEN to the problems and what could be improved to make a difference and do the same.

ConfusedMonkk

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I mostly play test matches or career mode. Here is what i have observed so far:

AI Settings:
Legend
Chances of wicket: 28
Run Rate: 30
Bowling quality: 100

User Setting:
Bowling: Hardest
Batting: Harshad
- Bowl marker display time: 15
- Edges - influence of Ok input: 30
- Edges - influence of good input: 6
- Rest default to hardest

Physics:
Pace bowling speed Max: 75
Bouncer length: 38
Pitch bounce 40
Pace bowling visual speed: 90
spin bowling visual speed: 55

Good:
- Batting with my settings is significantly challenging in career mode. Makes sense considering the career mode player attributes are much lower.
- Batting in Ashes matches is relatively less challenging. Still a poorly timed shot will result in edges.
- Visually i was able to notice swing and seam
- Deviation of the pitch is optimum and has induced edges while both batting and bowling.
- Good amount of drift for an off spinner.
- Havent noticed significant over powering of spinner in my matches.
- Only 1 over throw in 12 plus hours of gameplay.
- Chip shot is relatively less over powered, compared to C22.
- Dark and light colors of balls depending on the region.
- overall gameplay is snappy even with default settings.
- Bouncers do not tower over the batsman/wicket keeper unlike C22 at launch.

Bad:
- Mostly covered by other users,
- still super human attempts by AI wicket keeper.
- No look throw
- easy to run tight singles/doubles in the out field.
- Ball seems to lose sheen atlmost immediately.
- white ball does not scuff as much as it should as the game progresses.

Whether to modify the sliders or should there be a need to modify the sliders is debatable. In my opinion if you tweak some of the sliders to make the game more realistic, you will enjoy this game.

I was not expecting a revolutionary gameplay, but i do understand the expectation set forth by some of the users in this forum. It will always be extremely difficult to produce a game that twill meet everyones expectations, but a necessary push from the consumer base to keep the companies on their toes.

rangersw12

Club Captain
Ok so here goes...

View attachment 284660
View attachment 284661

View attachment 284663

AUDIO!!!!

FIELDING

View attachment 284665

I've had a couple of bowled against me on a green pitch . Starc pitching middle and hitting off but then I'm pretty rubbish so more likely down to my skills than anything else

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Cheers @blockerdave and @WealeyH nice to hear opinions on the reality of this from respected voices.

Sounds like C22 on release - potential there but miles away from being what it could be.

If they patch it to a decent level i might buy down the line, but at the moment, nah, it simply isnt worth the money.

If you have 22 I couldn't honestly say this would bring you more enjoyment. I think I'd prefer the better audio of 22 with the worse fielding.

It's so so close though...

One thing I forgot to mention was I started getting a highlight inbetween overs. But it's was the same highlight everytime. Good idea but bugged!

Users who are viewing this thread