Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Here's the broken WC video in case anyone wants to see. He even starts a new tournament and it still happens. Absolutely incredible.

I hate saying things like this. But I have played 60 overs and found 20 or so issues that I reported back during 22.

And new ones like the announcer calling me Oman all the time.

I'm not entirely sure what the Q and A guys do?

duberryboy1

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I just had a situation where the AI needed 19 off the last over to win. The AI batsman proceeded to leave all 6 balls outside off. This was after they carted me around very easily no matter where I bowled the previous 19 overs.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I just had a situation where the AI needed 19 off the last over to win. The AI batsman proceeded to leave all 6 balls outside off. This was after they carted me around very easily no matter where I bowled the previous 19 overs.

The AI in 22 was rubbish limited overs. I find it hard to enjoy. Tests you get away with it as it's just run accumulation but in limited overs they ain't got a clue.

cricfan11

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Exactly!

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ok so played a bit more and continued on something I was doing last year.

I think you can skill players to really represent strengths and weaknesses they have in real life.

For example and this is very rushed but i made one of the South African openers horrendous on the drive and the other horrendous on the glance.

This resulted in multiple play and misses on the drive and ultimately lead to him nicking off...

And the guy who was weak on the glance

Got out trying to work it away.

This isnt new but its there if people want to tinker. I personally would wait till the styles are sorted out etc.

One thing I will be highlighting back is keepers really need to stop diving about everywhere.. they are just in the way.

Issue with this obviously is you can't do it to licensed teams
This is the thing why I kept on asking, literally crying for users to be able to adjust skills and mentalities on licensed players as well because that's literally the base for how a game can be coded and I think its how this one is done..

But one more thing is, I think everyone would agree is that still even in this game mostly (always) the mode of dismissal is in favor of the edge gods, atleast while user batting. This has been the case in the previous iteration too.
We shouldn't be in a position in messing with miss-input/skill sliders to make plays/misses neither should we be altering skills..

In my opinion, altering these skills should be an added bonus, the game should have a basic variety of plays & misses, LBW's, bowled's etc

Timing is important, just like in IRL but it shouldn't be the only factor, right now even in the hardest difficulty there is a thing called 'soft' shot replacement.

Like for one of many such instances, say a ball is bowled by a pacer pitching in drivable middle stump line and I input straight drive, if the ball deviates to 4th stump line, he should still play the straight drive I inputted and nick it, now thats a good nick which I would agree happily. But instead he makes up for it by playing it towards the off side covering the line by himself and playing the apt shot which clearly shouldn't be the case. Right now, he either makes up for the shot by playing it towards mid off or in other instances he would slide and connect the shot which is absurd because in that case the LBW is taken out of the scenario.

But one positive is the sliding is not happening on all instances like it used to do in C22, so I hope they don't patch that in!

issue

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Refunded

Who said fileding is improvd maybe 1% only even on small ground where u can get only 1 run i get their 2 easily !!
Post automatically merged:

And other thing about the pitch it looks same .. if u chose grassy or dry or dusty or standrd it looks exactly the same its not like cricket22 or 19
Refunded?

caprikaps

Club Captain
If this game had been released with some communication about the state of things and as an Early Access I could be much more forgiving and much more constructive in helping to get it right however none of this has been the case and even now communication is non-existent.
Adding to that, the arrogance displayed by the CEO on Twitter, while disregarding the fact that half of his commitments were pure lies, is disheartening.

Moreover, people are getting blocked for asking about these commitments only amplifies my frustration, highlighting the monopoly at play here!!

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
From a gameplay perspective... I've only 1 real bugbear... if you're bowling with a spinner and the AI leaves, 9 times out of 10 the keeper runs forward to take the ball in front of the stumps. That looks really bad.

Here's my positives:

• I think, for the first time in any game it felt materially harder batting with worse players. I had a loooong tail, and I genuinely collapsed. This is a sample size of 1, so I'm not getting carried away but is like 260-odd/3 down to 320 all out... and my tail started at 6!
  • Likewise, there was a period where it was like 40 overs old, dry dusty pitch, early day 2 and not much was happening for the spinners and zero happening for the seamers... when the wicket came it was 50+ overs and via the spinner, and then I had that luck with the c&b and then into their tail and it felt really good. But for that period, it was attritional gameplay like you'd expect at that point in a sub-continental pitch.
  • I had a similar bit from the other end, where my batsmen were set and the field was a touch more defensive, 50+ overs ball, spinners both ends and my scoring rate came right down
  • As already posted, I was pleased with the dismissal variety (again a sample size of 1 complete inns) and that spin didn't feel over-powered
Gameplay-wise, it's not a lot different from c22. But the few tweaks are improvements and I'm not spotting anything that's regressed yet. Now - this is not all positive as it shows how little they actually did, but I'd also say they've not done nothing and what they did do has improved it. I definitely need to play more matches in more conditions to be sure of any of this, but for me the spin hasn't been overly dominant vs AI and that for me makes it worth it alone.

But the sound is appalling, with no headset on PS5. And tbh that undoes a lot of the positives, because I'm not feeling immersed at all.
Post automatically merged:

A fair bit, but not for a while and nothing like as much as the other games. I can see the similarities 100%. For me the changes are minor tweaks but they are improvements, gameplay-wise.
Was the AI reacting tactically to how you were handling their bowling? Did field placements, bowling changes and tactics make any sense?

Users who are viewing this thread