Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Valid ramblings I would say... and we do feel for the guys and girls working under enormous amounts of pressure trying to release 4 games in a short period of time. That's why I keep saying, we have some talented guys in our community who would be more than willing to help in any way we can. We are all passionate about this game and we really want to see it grow. So where do we go from here? I always ask, WHAT NOW? This is the current situation, what can we do to improve it?

Why not get some input from the guys that have been here for a long time?

We always see the potential in every new game, but we need to develop that potential and I am convinced we can all help in some small way.
Well I know for a fact and it is not a state secret that guys from here have been and are in involved in giving input and of course they are under an NDA so can't divulge too much although Wealers posts a screenshot now and then just to try and help the thread not sink into the later stages of Post Natal Barad-Dur Synodrome but the question is whether priority is given to those inputs and whether those inputs can be implemented and whether those implemented inputs dont cause big enough headaches to say leave it.

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
I don't blame bugant studios for releasing ck 24 without any gameplay improvements as there was no mention of it ahead of launch,Bugant knows licenses sell and they will try to squeeze last bit of profit from this old engine .But nobody expected such a buggy release what is Cricket 22 .1,If people are idiotic enough to repeat same mistake with bugant games they have themselves to blame.

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
If you count the Table Top and BBL games you would have thought they had had enough practice at it.

Are they overstretched, under publisher pressure?

I personally don’t believe it is incompetence from workers or not being passionate about things.

Don’t get me wrong all the valid criticism is valid and should be addressed but I think the problems lie in work systems and protocols and financial and publisher pressures.

If I were a fly on the wall what would I see? A toxic work environment? A happy relaxed place to work? Chaos? Order and creative space?

I just don’t know. It seems they are trying to cram so many games and so much content in such a small space and time that its all falling over each other.

There’s probably a poor guy or gal working on tennis rackets, rugby balls, cricket stumps, AFL shirts all at the same time: are they ready yet? Is that finished? I need that tomorrow….

Meh, ramblings of a madman.
I believe it is simply incompetence as they are breaking features present in prior games which have same engine.If someone can compare the who were developers during DBC 14-ashes 19 to cricket 24 and see the changes we might know .May be COVID took some of good developers.

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
If I was in charge then

A. It would be a major feck up of historical proportions

B. I would strip everything away and build up from the bottom: pitch physics, ball physics, bat physics….. and take it from there

I would rather have a game where I can only. play an endless 2 team anonymous odi tournament with excellent topnotch gameplay than all the other shit.

Musings of a maniac.
I agree, strip down and go right back to basics. What are the priorities? Gameplay etc.

Maybe have a look at all the sliders. My feeling is, with so many sliders we can all have the exact same game, but we will all be playing a unique version with different slider settings. Which I believe could be one of the big reasons why some guys have issues or bugs that others don't have. So I would say get rid of some of the unnecessary sliders and build from there.

Ask the creative guys doing all the work in the academy what tools they need to create even better quality players, bats, uniforms and stadiums and give them the best user friendly tools and give them freedom to be creative.

Get input from the patient guys doing all the testing to put all their findings to good use so we can have some decent physics, pitch wear etc.

Make a list of all Little Timmy's requests and prioritize the ones that would make the game more immersive and leave the fancy things for a few months down the line.

I don't know if we as a community should be proactive and make a "wishlist" or something of the sorts and give it to BA and help unlock the game's full potential?

Hester

County Cricketer
I agree, strip down and go right back to basics. What are the priorities? Gameplay etc.

Maybe have a look at all the sliders. My feeling is, with so many sliders we can all have the exact same game, but we will all be playing a unique version with different slider settings. Which I believe could be one of the big reasons why some guys have issues or bugs that others don't have. So I would say get rid of some of the unnecessary sliders and build from there.

Ask the creative guys doing all the work in the academy what tools they need to create even better quality players, bats, uniforms and stadiums and give them the best user friendly tools and give them freedom to be creative.

Get input from the patient guys doing all the testing to put all their findings to good use so we can have some decent physics, pitch wear etc.

Make a list of all Little Timmy's requests and prioritize the ones that would make the game more immersive and leave the fancy things for a few months down the line.

I don't know if we as a community should be proactive and make a "wishlist" or something of the sorts and give it to BA and help unlock the game's full potential?
I think moving away from last gen consoles would help too. Making a game that is basically a PS4 game with bolts and whistles being added to update it, is causing issues. Remember the running cam that used to be in the corner in C22 but they got rid of it? Having said that, games decades ago had it....

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Why don't they just send a bare minimum patch for Xbox just so that it get approved then subsequently send a big better patch?

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I have been asked to provide some feedback "based on my long playing time" by JT BA on Steam. Not sure who he is on here, but Id like to reach out to him somehow.
Valid ramblings I would say... and we do feel for the guys and girls working under enormous amounts of pressure trying to release 4 games in a short period of time. That's why I keep saying, we have some talented guys in our community who would be more than willing to help in any way we can. We are all passionate about this game and we really want to see it grow. So where do we go from here? I always ask, WHAT NOW? This is the current situation, what can we do to improve it?

Why not get some input from the guys that have been here for a long time?

We always see the potential in every new game, but we need to develop that potential and I am convinced we can all help in some small way.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
because even their bare minimum is pants
Because MS just do a complete checkup on the first patch only , just send the patch with nothing much added in order to trick MS in to approving it and then send a real patch

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
As an aside Ive just fired up C19.

Maharaj getting tonked around a bit, first morning of a test on a green pitch against an aggressive Jason Roy, you would expect that. He is 0-70 off 12, England 268-4.

Then Buttler (aggressive) comes running down the track to him, misses and gets stumped. 1-79 off 15. You simply cannot get that on C22 or C24.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Maharaj getting tonked around a bit, first morning of a test on a green pitch against an aggressive Jason Roy, you would expect that. He is 0-70 off 12, England 268-4.

Then Buttler (aggressive) comes running down the track to him, misses and gets stumped. 1-79 off 15. You simply cannot get that on C22 or C24.
What values are you using for pitch and ball friction?

Hester

County Cricketer

Wow man. I might have to redownload C19. Weren't the players tiny mini-men with toy bats and pads but adult heads though? I seem to remember that being a thing. ...

It's amazing the things we forget when we have yearly releases of games. EA have mastered the art of removing things from their sports games and barely improving them year on year. It appears Bigant have modelled themselves on EA but gone even further by making their games worse.
Post automatically merged:

Wow man. I might have to redownload C19. Weren't the players tiny mini-men with toy bats and pads but adult heads though? I seem to remember that being a thing. ...

It's amazing the things we forget when we have yearly releases of games. EA have mastered the art of removing things from their sports games and barely improving them year on year. It appears Bigant have modelled themselves on EA but gone even further by making their games worse.
I bet it was possible to make a realistic Newlands in C19 too. Then Bigant thought it would be cool to remove the mountains from the academy in C22

lynchy4610

Associate Cricketer
Are peoples gaming experience impacted by the body shape of a Rakeem Cornwell or Johnny Bairstow for example? This is what I mean about people being picky.

I mean each to their own but I can’t fathom sitting there whilst playing the game stewing on the fact Rakeem isn’t as big as he is in real life.

Users who are viewing this thread