Cricket 24 - General Discussion

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Why can't we have separate sliders for wicket chances for spin and pace? will solve this issue once and for all.
Problem with sliders for me is everything feels programmed even more should be taking wickets with spin on the ability of your bowler and you holding the controller. Like when the run rate is dropped via sliders and they automatically just plod along making sure they average 2/3 an over I know the game is scripted but we don’t want to see that it is so obviously

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
OP spin, and more crucially, robo keepers are being looked at to fix, so hopefully some improvement soon.

Slips and close catchers are OP too. The number of times the AI has middled the ball to slip for a millisecond reaction catch.

However we do still need these inner catches and not just to be scrubbed from the game. Balance and testing. Spinners average around 30 and take a wicket once every eight to ten overs for mine. I guess it's too much to ask for different pitches to actually make a difference.

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey guys can we make custome dificulty for online games ??
It was briefly introduced on C19 and some 'tryhard' kiddos misused it to get unfair advantage so that they can 'win', so they removed it shortly after. I, for one thought that they will address the misuse case scenario and put it out again but not to be.

Its such a bummer, because the only thing that prevents players like me to go online and play with friends is lack of custom sliders with which we can enjoy the same gameplay like we do offline.

I even wrote them multiple tickets but to no avail. I personally thought that it could be fixed by making it available for only 'custom friendly matches' and 'co-op' so that only known parties can make use of this feature and not risk it in other online game modes where you meet randoms.

A simple option like how 'Enforce Classic Controls' is there could be replicated for this too is my wish and I'm hoping atleast in this game it makes a comeback..

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Problem with sliders for me is everything feels programmed even more should be taking wickets with spin on the ability of your bowler and you holding the controller. Like when the run rate is dropped via sliders and they automatically just plod along making sure they average 2/3 an over I know the game is scripted but we don’t want to see that it is so obviously
I agree but I think not everyone playing is of the same Skill level, and you can only code so much in making the 'AI' AI..

And if people are finding it hard to bowl to AI at default 50, tweaking it and enjoying a toiling test match bowling effort isn't so bad I'd say.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I lowered bowling release and Jump to 1 each and firstly with the HUD of I'm still getting Good Good at worst. Good Ideal most of the time.

Any way there only seems to be Ideal Good and Weak for Release
Ideal Good and Early for Jump

To get early or weak on the hardest settings you need to have no thumbs.

Either way.. I bowled at the start of the test with broad and Anderson and forced weak and early for 5 overs. The AI played no different to Ideal and Ideal at times leaving and blocking . I then brought Crawley on and Root on and thinking their lower skills may mean it's harder to hit.. no still had to purposely hit weak or early and still was respected..

So switched to ODI..

First over All Early All Weak.. 1 off the over..

Basically in summary bowling input doesn't seem to make any difference to how the AI treat the delivery.

The only thing I assume it does is less wicket chance if your not hitting ideal ideal.

Ideally it needs to be FAR harder to hit ideal maybe have something in-between good and weak and if you don't hit the desired outcome the Ai come for you. As currently there's no punishment.

Weak does sometimes launch it for a wide...

This is currently my biggest issue with bowling....

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Slips and close catchers are OP too. The number of times the AI has middled the ball to slip for a millisecond reaction catch.

However we do still need these inner catches and not just to be scrubbed from the game. Balance and testing. Spinners average around 30 and take a wicket once every eight to ten overs for mine. I guess it's too much to ask for different pitches to actually make a difference.

Yes .. but it's a game.. and the issue is if the desired outcome to produce a wicket ball is being hit every single time then it's never ever going to work.

If we go with spinners taking a wicket every 8-10 overs that's still scripted. It needs to be random but based on what the user is Inputting.

At the moment every ideal ideal is a wicket chance potentially

If ideal ideal or the perfect input is hard and I mean hard to hit that when you do ur wicket chance sky rockets and it's even more heightened on a rusty track then there's satisfaction in nailing ur input...

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
I lowered bowling release and Jump to 1 each and firstly with the HUD of I'm still getting Good Good at worst. Good Ideal most of the time.

Any way there only seems to be Ideal Good and Weak for Release
Ideal Good and Early for Jump

To get early or weak on the hardest settings you need to have no thumbs.

Either way.. I bowled at the start of the test with broad and Anderson and forced weak and early for 5 overs. The AI played no different to Ideal and Ideal at times leaving and blocking . I then brought Crawley on and Root on and thinking their lower skills may mean it's harder to hit.. no still had to purposely hit weak or early and still was respected..

So switched to ODI..

First over All Early All Weak.. 1 off the over..

Basically in summary bowling input doesn't seem to make any difference to how the AI treat the delivery.

The only thing I assume it does is less wicket chance if your not hitting ideal ideal.

Ideally it needs to be FAR harder to hit ideal maybe have something in-between good and weak and if you don't hit the desired outcome the Ai come for you. As currently there's no punishment.

Weak does sometimes launch it for a wide...

This is currently my biggest issue with bowling....
Yep - i have release and plant at 0 and line sensitivity at 0, basically the hardest bowling settings possible - can still hit Ideal/Ideal 70-80% of the time, the odd good, the even rarer weak, but as you say, weak doesnt seem to hurt much, took a wicket with a weak spin delivery last night.

Should be more punished and or harder to ideal.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Yep - i have release and plant at 0 and line sensitivity at 0, basically the hardest bowling settings possible - can still hit Ideal/Ideal 70-80% of the time, the odd good, the even rarer weak, but as you say, weak doesnt seem to hurt much, took a wicket with a weak spin delivery last night.

Should be more punished and or harder to ideal.

This is the thing it needs to be rewarding to hit the best outcomes. Or at least produce a "good" ball and it should be punishing if you miss that.

Then obviously the higher or lower the difficulties it's adjusted.

You have to be beyond useless even on hardest to not get good minimum. And at the moment it don't even matter

Users who are viewing this thread