Cricket 24 - General Discussion

ravenswood7

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I tried the new patch i have played it a few hrs and whilst the stump physics are better have Big ant gone the other way now and the stumps never come out the ground. of course before the patch stumps flying all the time was crazy because if its just knocking the bails off all the time with any bowler but more so with a fast bowler that's unrealistic the other way there needs to be a happy balance sometimes the stumps fly out the ground and sometimes they don't . Has anyone had the stumps fly out since the new patch ?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I tried the new patch i have played it a few hrs and whilst the stump physics are better have Big ant gone the other way now and the stumps never come out the ground. of course before the patch stumps flying all the time was crazy because if its just knocking the bails off all the time with any bowler but more so with a fast bowler that's unrealistic the other way there needs to be a happy balance sometimes the stumps fly out the ground and sometimes they don't . Has anyone had the stumps fly out since the new patch ?

Yes.. they do.

Naman Gulati

School Cricketer
I actually meant to say there are too many run outs bcz every time ball goes into the deep there is a direct hit.

niksopikso

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
What is improved in the pitch? I selected pitch wear fast and heavy cracks . Nothing visible. May be simulation ignores it but still the pitch cracks should have been seen. Why every fix is so half baked? This time the whole experience is so pathetic.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I actually meant to say there are too many run outs bcz every time ball goes into the deep there is a direct hit.
To be honest as unrealistic as it is I'd prefer that to the keeper taking an absolute age to gather the ball and take the bails as at least this way there's a sense of jeopardy in taking a risky run.

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Why can't we have separate sliders for wicket chances for spin and pace? will solve this issue once and for all.
Wicket chance should have nothing to do with sliders. If it is down to sliders we may as well just simulate the game as we tweak the sliders. At least that's how I look at it. Once the outcome is driven by slider configuration it stops being a game (i.e. something you can strive to be good at) and becomes merely an entertainment (i.e. it plays out a scene regardless of your interaction).

tsn1499

School Cricketer
Wicket chance should have nothing to do with sliders. If it is down to sliders we may as well just simulate the game as we tweak the sliders. At least that's how I look at it. Once the outcome is driven by slider configuration it stops being a game (i.e. something you can strive to be good at) and becomes merely an entertainment (i.e. it plays out a scene regardless of your interaction).
In a perfect world we wouldn't need sliders at all for "realistic" or "preferred" gameplay but currently it would be better than broken or overpowered mechanics, I doubt there's going to be major changes happening at least with this release but the least that can happen is adding a few sliders that might already exist so users can tweak the gameplay to their liking. If that's not possible then when they inevitably fix the AI being dumb against spin something else is bound to break instead.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Users who are viewing this thread