Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I’m surprised you ended up getting it despite the overwhelming negative response before the release.

Game pass version which is a £1. I probably won't get the Steam version until they fix it. Plus I think it's been a bit of a cynical disaster so I'm not keen on supporting them unless major changes are made.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Rage quit 4 times in 1 bowling inns:

3 stupid AI run outs, that has been made worse across the course of the patches, it was fine at launch.
1 keeper running in front of stumps to nonchalantly take a bat pad that would have been a sharp catch for silly point.

It cannot be hard to stop the keeper crossing the line of the stumps when the ball is “in play”

avis5256

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Catch and bowled for fast bowler is happening. I got a circle with B and caught it but after replay I saw it was bat hitting pad so the ball just went up. Does anyone confirm Catch and Bowled rectified?
1698312217669.jpeg
1698312273390.jpeg

1698312230355.jpeg

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Game pass version which is a £1. I probably won't get the Steam version until they fix it. Plus I think it's been a bit of a cynical disaster so I'm not keen on supporting them unless major changes are made.

Think they got too ambitious and over their heads, the game does detailed eye veins and whatnot apparently? Doing that with thousands of agents while you have a small team like CO surely is a recipe for disaster without proper development time, no wonder it feels so unoptimised.

hj576

Club Cricketer
How to get the game pass version.
I have game pass and it's still showing full price on the website...

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
How to get the game pass version.
I have game pass and it's still showing full price on the website...

Use the ms games app in windows.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Latest patch on PS4 was improved overthrowns and sidesteps from fielders , that seems to have translated into more of both which is not quite what we were hoping for ! Also why do the fielders have to hit the stumps direct every single time without fail ….. just annoying

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Just messing around in the team editor at lunchtime and had a thought that it would be good if that, in your home stadiums section, you could apply a default set of pitch conditions to each ground. Then, when you went to play a game there, those defaults would auto populate in the pre match screen (obviously you could still change them if you wanted to).

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Just messing around in the team editor at lunchtime and had a thought that it would be good if that, in your home stadiums section, you could apply a default set of pitch conditions to each ground. Then, when you went to play a game there, those defaults would auto populate in the pre match screen (obviously you could still change them if you wanted to).
Great idea. Oval for flatter, bat-friendly conditions, Trent Bridge for swing and seam, Old Trafford for pace and bounce. I like it.

cricboi

Club Captain
Have to say I have very much enjoyed batting in T20s since the recent patch. The AI fields are much more competitive and the pacing of the innings worked well. Unfortunately, it's still too easy to bowl out the opposition for under 140 so I'm mostly just simming my bowling innings.
In tests, where I really want to bowl, I'm still struggling to find good length using Cricket 19 controls. My stock balls from fast bowlers still ends up 6 inches above the stumps. I know I can turn down a few sliders but I find these make the game feel less immersive and I enjoy the look of actual fast bowling. Hoping this can get resolved.

Fielding is also improving and the the slide stop is nice. The outfielders still strafe before running but I feel like the gameplay on the whole might already be better than Cricket 22.
Sound and atmosphere will be the next easy but big area of improvement. If they can make games actually feel meaningful through crowd/commentary we might get to an even better place.

Users who are viewing this thread